JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
If we want to stop being divided along racial lines, then we need to stop dividing ourselves along racial lines.

It's good Americans are buying guns. I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of them are doing so for the exact reasons the 2A exists.

I hope alot of them become single issue voters.
This. Right effin' here.

Gun ownership among all Americans is soaring for numerous reasons, regardless of ethnicity or demographics. It is predictable that the media will pick and choose the "reasons" to create the most fear and division.

"Not F**king Around Coalition (NFAC)" :s0140:

^^^These idiots shoot each other on accident regularly. Did Grandmaster Jay skate on his federal gun charges yet?

Kind of like the occurance during a Three Percenters of Idaho function a few years ago... "A 12-year-old girl was accidentally shot through the stomach during a Sunday gathering of the Three Percent of Idaho at a local gun range, according to the militia group's president."

Or in 2018 when a sheriff's deputy in Washington State was dry-firing a new gun and told investigators he didn't realize a round was in the chamber. He was pointing the gun at his wife when he pulled the trigger, the bullet went thru her arm and chest... He was voted "employee of the month" in November 2018 shortly after returning to his job duties having plead guilty to reckless endangerment.

As a Black member of the NWFA community.... some of the comments I come across makes me want nothing to do with this community. Having a conversation about an uptick in gun ownership among a specific group is one thing. That conversation devolving into "murder rate" and "gangsters" and "they"..... is entirely different.
Please don't think that a few insensitive comments by a few people represent all of the non-minority folks here. My experience has been that the vast majority of "us" are very accepting of all responsible gun owners.

We all have our own perspectives, sensitivities, and cultural biases, but in general if you're a responsible gun owner, no matter what color or creed, you're one of "us". If you're a gun-banning politician or gun-toting criminal, no matter what color or creed, then you're one of "them".

I have many friends who are gun-owning minorities, though mostly Hispanic and Islander. It seems that responsible gun ownership among African Americans has been less common historically for numerous reasons, whether it was the racist gun control laws aimed at blacks after the civil war, or inner city crime and racial stereotypes in more recent times. There are numerous historical and cultural reasons for the difference.

Personally I think it's great to see more acceptance of responsible firearm ownership in the black community, not only for them (that community), but for us (gun owners) too. The "gun" community has too long been stereotyped as just a bunch of middle-aged white guys who are sexist and probably even racist. More diversity in the community is a positive thing as a whole, and helps to break down that negative stereotype.

The "gun" community has too long been stereotyped as just a bunch of middle-aged white guys who are sexist and probably even racist
Well, if we want to call a "duck a duck" my observation is there is more than a grain of truth to that belief, and I am an old white guy...

Kind of like the occurance during a Three Percenters of Idaho function a few years ago... "A 12-year-old girl was accidentally shot through the stomach during a Sunday gathering of the Three Percent of Idaho at a local gun range, according to the militia group's president."

Or in 2018 when a sheriff's deputy in Washington State was dry-firing a new gun and told investigators he didn't realize a round was in the chamber. He was pointing the gun at his wife when he pulled the trigger, the bullet went thru her arm and chest... He was voted "employee of the month" in November 2018 shortly after returning to his job duties having plead guilty to reckless endangerment.

Not at all, both of those examples are morons have NDs at their respective private event or home. Not group of idiots bragging on their "firearms training", making outrageous demands and threats in public where they have had multiple ND related shootings all the while their grand poobah faces federal gun charges.

It always puzzles me on the 4473 why I need to check any of the boxes regarding race, gender or ethnic origin.
Who cares? It's a right.
Who cares who is buying more guns or why. It's their right.
What I care about is what those individuals do with their purchases. I'd guess, 99.99% are no different than me as far as doing the right thing.
For those that aren't similar, a law or a news article won't make a darned bit of difference. Can't legislate morality.

It always puzzles me on the 4473 why I need to check any of the boxes regarding race, gender or ethnic origin.
Who cares? It's a right.
Who cares who is buying more guns or why. It's their right.
What I care about is what those individuals do with their purchases. I'd guess, 99.99% are no different than me as far as doing the right thing.
For those that aren't similar, a law or a news article won't make a darned bit of difference. Can't legislate morality.

The gov cares.

I am sure there are people who want this info just for statistical data. How that data is used depends on the audience, I am sure there is good and bad in that respect.

Finally, that data *might* help the gov better identify a person when there is a common name - although I would have to wonder whether any FFL checks that particular question against whether the person's appearance actually matches their selection - after all, a person's actual "race" or ethnicity may not match their appearance.

For gender, it is a little more likely to be able to match a person's identity - e.g., the spelling of first name often causes people who have not met me to assume I am female when I am actually male. My first and last name are rather unique, and I believe I am probably the only male in the USA with my first and last name by spelling (all others I have found by googling appear to be female) - I am pretty sure I am the only person in the USA with my first, middle and last name - add gender to that and it reduces confusion with any other person.

The ones who post most in the threads and are most active on here? The answer is a resounding yes.
I don't really think that's true. I do think that alot of folks here (myself included) subscribe to ideologies that have been dubbed racist and sexist by the apparent gatekeepers of such things, the woke left.

I've been told that one of the biggest problems with racial relations in this country is that some people don't see racism where it does exist, while others see it even where it doesn't. Perhaps there are some of both of those types among us.

This is all off topic for this thread, and I don't want to drag it any further off trail. I will say though, that I think that judging us all as a bunch of bigots actually says more about you than it does about the rest of us.

Two bad that won't be the issue most new gun owners vote on.

"They are buying guns, but they are fine with background checks and other restrictions," he explained. "They aren't really changing their political position, just their personal choice to own a gun."

Source:

I worked 33 years in social services.....people of all race, creed, color. We're all the same. Today, even with all the msm BS about racial tension I see acts of politeness and kindness on a daily basis between the races. Let everyone who wants a firearm and is eligible own one. I don't know one black person I would have a grudge against.

I worked 33 years in social services.....people of all race, creed, color. We're all the same. Today, even with all the msm BS about racial tension I see acts of politeness and kindness on a daily basis between the races. Let everyone who wants a firearm and is eligible own one. I don't know one black person I would have a grudge against.
politeness and kindness is great but it might not translate into votes supportive of our 2A

The left through all of their media (social, TV, radio) vilify the NRA to connect gun ownership to racism. NRA = gun ownership. Gun ownership = racist.

Even though I don't recall anyone on the anti side ever to explain why I shouldn't have "X" firearm outside their belief that I don't need one. Usually based on the idea that they don't want one. 99% of the time these individual don't know the difference between a pistol and a revolver and have never shot or probably held a actual firearm. I am aware of people who own firearms but never shoot them.

One guy bought a semi-auto shotgun. More than a year later I asked how it worked. He said he didn't know because he's never shot it. He's not the only one.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads