JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Completely agree with you @arakboss, and most of the folks prone to violence would not be able to lawfully complete a 4473, no matter what race they are. The officers in Portland (local and federal) have been battered for a year and no one cares (government and media that is). A federal officer dies after the January 6th Capitol event and they are all over this because they can blame a certain group because if fits their narrative.

I think as a 2A community we need to separate this group of criminals that are attacking both LEO's and citizens from new gun owners from all groups that desire to protect themselves now that the handcuffs are on the officers from protecting the public.

Completely agree with you @arakboss, and most of the folks prone to violence would not be able to lawfully complete a 4473, no matter what race they are. The officers in Portland (local and federal) have been battered for a year and no one cares (government and media that is). A federal officer dies after the January 6th Capitol event and they are all over this because they can blame a certain group because if fits their narrative.

Anti-gun pols don't care about the federal LEO, they got scared because the protest targeted them (the pols). Lamenting the death of the LEO is just a tool for them.

I'm not sure I'm following you. People of color shouldn't be armed?
Armed people of color aren't polite?
What is your point?
My response is semi-sarcastic. Throughout history, people of colour were expected to assume the role of second class citizens and certain rights were considered "alienable" to them when constitutionally they have/ had the same rights as the majority whites. I am explaining my point without seeking to be offensive.

As a Black member of the NWFA community.... some of the comments I come across makes me want nothing to do with this community. Having a conversation about an uptick in gun ownership among a specific group is one thing. That conversation devolving into "murder rate" and "gangsters" and "they"..... is entirely different.

There has also been an uptick in white gun ownership. There has been an uptick in all gun ownership. Why are these words and terms only used in the context of discussing an uptick in Black gun ownership? If gun ownership is about one's ability to protect one's self, why does Black gun ownership need discussions and qualifiers?
One thing to ask yourself, is it wrong? I am biased. A lot of negative images specifically of black people and guns are self inflicted. We allowed it to happen. I grew up around seeing black gangs with guns from Jr High School (12-13yrs) on up. No adult supervision or guidance on firearms handling. Obviously, these were not the only guns in the black community but these were the ones I saw and the ones blasted all over media.

In large cities on the west coast (where most black people on the WC live) by percentage not many black people hunt or have careers requiring firearms. Though I also believe perception is not reality. I think a lot of black gun ownership is legal but off the record. People moving in from other states bring their gun with them. But still there was not a thriving black gun culture until recently.

As far as language on the net, it is true. There are idiots on the net. So what? Bottom line, those idiots will never stop me from what I need to do. Some are just idiots and some may try to use intimidation to keep "their" culture whole. Again, so what? What can they do to stop you? Train and educate yourself, your family and those around you in proper firearms ownership. Face to face I have never had any serious negative gun related contact in the 20 years I have lived in Oregon. That doesn't mean I agree with everyone or I love everyone I am in contacted with. It just means by my personal experience from being in the most remote locations in the woods to crowded indoor ranges I have had no negative issues. The media likes to use black pastors, college professors and politicians to temper the growth of black firearm ownership. They lost that argument so now they have to change it to being fear based purchases instead of Rights based.

If we want to stop being divided along racial lines, then we need to stop dividing ourselves along racial lines.

It's good Americans are buying guns. I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of them are doing so for the exact reasons the 2A exists.

I hope alot of them become single issue voters.

As a Black member of the NWFA community.... some of the comments I come across makes me want nothing to do with this community. Having a conversation about an uptick in gun ownership among a specific group is one thing. That conversation devolving into "murder rate" and "gangsters" and "they"..... is entirely different.

There has also been an uptick in white gun ownership. There has been an uptick in all gun ownership. Why are these words and terms only used in the context of discussing an uptick in Black gun ownership? If gun ownership is about one's ability to protect one's self, why does Black gun ownership need discussions and qualifiers?

Personally, I'm all for not discussing anything about skin color.... EVER! Whenever it's brought up here on NWFA, it results in a mess.

".a law professor said."
I remember when they had a bunch of college professors profess in congressional hearings that falsely accused SCJN was not up to their high standards (lol) so forgive me for not clicking or even giving a f.
100%. The linked article is clearly intended to create friction and conflict within the gun owning community to weaken our position overall. I am not personally threatened by their little statistic, but I am disgusted with their clear manipulation.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads