JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It was inevitable
The problem I have is that it appears they are arming because of the police's shootings of Black people. If my perception is correct then I don't see how this ends well at all.
BUT...
I'm all in favor of folks protecting themselves regardless of race, creed or color.
An armed society is a polite society.

This article is entirely "woke" claptrap....
Blacks aren't buying guns because they're afraid of cops.
Blacks are buying guns because their Governments are turning their neighborhoods into lawless cesspools by idiotic "woke" policies that repeatedly ignore crimes and empower violent criminals.
(These are the SAME reasons All other good Americans are also buying.)

The article is written by the same people that think Blacks are too stupid to get an ID to vote, and too stupid to figure out who is really killing them.

Last Edited:
It was inevitable
The problem I have is that it appears they are arming because of the police's shootings of Black people. If my perception is correct then I don't see how this ends well at all.
BUT...
I'm all in favor of folks protecting themselves regardless of race, creed or color.
An armed society is a polite society.
Unless you are a person of colour, right?

Two bad that won't be the issue most new gun owners vote on.

"They are buying guns, but they are fine with background checks and other restrictions," he explained. "They aren't really changing their political position, just their personal choice to own a gun."

Source:

Last Edited:
As a Black member of the NWFA community.... some of the comments I come across makes me want nothing to do with this community. Having a conversation about an uptick in gun ownership among a specific group is one thing. That conversation devolving into "murder rate" and "gangsters" and "they"..... is entirely different.

There has also been an uptick in white gun ownership. There has been an uptick in all gun ownership. Why are these words and terms only used in the context of discussing an uptick in Black gun ownership? If gun ownership is about one's ability to protect one's self, why does Black gun ownership need discussions and qualifiers?

The article is skewed to make it look like the reason is to protect themselves from police. The link to cause and effect is missing. I agree with @dbg19 that all races, all groups (e.g., straight, gay) have increasing numbers of gun owners. Before NRA TV went away Colion Noir (who by the way, I think should be the President of the NRA, seriously) conducted great interviews around the country talking to real people. Gun ownership for self defense is about crime or at least perception of crime.

My wife and I both conduct firearms training. Many of her clients drive 50+ miles from Portland and are new gun owners. The are doing this because of the rise in crime and the corresponding lack response by government.

One part of me wants to say so what...?
After all if you can legally answer all the questions on a 4473...then own your guns....Its your Right as an American to do so...or not as you so choose.

The other part of me understands the desire to breakdown and categorize who is buying firearms...
But , I am at the same time , concerned over just how that information is "spun" and used , when furthering an agenda.
An agenda that seems only wanting to cause further divides , fear and ever more infringements.

In any event...
When discussing such topics as in the OP...
Using broad blanket statements , stereotypes and assuming things....does nothing to help.
Andy

There has also been an uptick in white gun ownership. There has been an uptick in all gun ownership. Why are these words and terms only used in the context of discussing an uptick in Black gun ownership? If gun ownership is about one's ability to protect one's self, why does Black gun ownership need discussions and qualifiers?

I couldn't agree more. It should not matter at all. It does not matter at all.

The Bolshevist elite are weaponizing this type of information to sow discord among the people.

Last Edited:
".a law professor said."
I remember when they had a bunch of college professors profess in congressional hearings that falsely accused SCJN was not up to their high standards (lol) so forgive me for not clicking or even giving a f.

The article is skewed to make it look like the reason is to protect themselves from police. The link to cause and effect is missing. I agree with @dbg19 that all races, all groups (e.g., straight, gay) have increasing numbers of gun owners. Before NRA TV went away Colion Noir (who by the way, I think should be the President of the NRA, seriously) conducted great interviews around the country talking to real people. Gun ownership for self defense is about crime or at least perception of crime.

My wife and I both conduct firearms training. Many of her clients drive 50+ miles from Portland and are new gun owners. The are doing this because of the rise in crime and the corresponding lack response by government.
There is a segment of the population who use arms to kill and injure police. I wouldn't tie it to any one race but there are plenty of dead police officers to verify it's happening. The amount of hatred toward police is greater than I have ever seen in my lifetime.

Two bad that won't be the issue most new gun owners vote on.

"They are buying guns, but they are fine with background checks and other restrictions," he explained. "They aren't really changing their political position, just their personal choice to own a gun."

Source:

This will be true until the gov comes around to confiscate their guns

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR