JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh yes. Because a simple range test would just inihibit soooo many people from owning a gun. Seriously? If you cant pass a simple test then you shouldn't have one. You are the same kind of person that says there should be no drinking age or anything. Basically an anarchist. With freedom comes sacrifice

LOL. Are you one of those frustrated house wives from Mom's demanding action?

repealing the 2nd amendment and then the obvious confiscation after the turn in period would mean blood in the streets. a civil war would start.

internet bravado and chest pumping? maybe. then again, maybe not as not everyone is a 15 y.o. sitting in their mothers basement with some airsoft gear and an internet connection.

there a large numbers of individuals whom do not like the way they see the country being ran and should the 2nd amendment be made null and void would mean to these people that a line has been crossed and there is no other way to bring back the country than to 'dig them up'.

but that's all just my opinion. i have to go as i hear my mom yelling that my breakfast is ready.....

I guess if me wanting more required testing showing competency and controls making it harder for any idiot to acquire a gun and carry it in public makes me anti gun then I guess I'm anti gun. 21 doesn't make you able to own and properly use a weapon. Pure and simple and anyone who thinks that is enough to pass the test is either ignorant or stupid and so pro gun they could. Be considered an extremeist and I stop listening.

I don't trust people. I have no faith in people and arming everyone on the streets doesn't make me feel safer.

The problem is you actually think adding another test is going to weed out the idiots. Well, guess what, idiots pass tests all the time - including for their driver's license, then proceed to act like the idiots they are. Tests don't stop people from being dumb in the first place. Put the testing requirement on top of all the other laws and all you'll do is push the idiots away from buying out in the open to buying in back alleys - and they'll still be idiots with guns. All you will succeed in doing is putting yet more government regulation on our RIGHTS. Sheesh, why are you so anxious to give away even more to a government that proves over and over again, it can't manage squat?

I wonder (though I already know the answer), would you also support a license and tests before anyone can purchase and consume alcohol? Because if you want to see idiots doing something stupid with a product, you can find a lot of them when alcohol is involved. Seems to me the logical extension of your argument should necessitate tests required before purchasing and consuming alcohol - after all, just turning 21 doesn't make you able to own and properly use alcohol - yet no one screams for background checks and tests on alcohol, do they? Seems to me that drunk drivers would have known from their 'tests' that drunk driving was illegal - yet they did it anyway - how could that happen? They took a test!

You may or may not be anti-gun, but you seem far to confident in governmental control in your life. When you look back at the founders of this country, they were trying to limit government, not freely hand over every right and freedom we have just so they can be our 'mommy'. Maybe you'd be happier in Canada or Australia where they do a lot more to restrict your ability to own guns.

Where does this 21 year old carrying s glock in McDonald's = well regulated militia? Gotta be kidding me

You clearly need some education. The SCOTUS has ruled that there are 2 provisions in the 2nd amendment, the militia provision and the INDIVIDUAL RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. Add to that, in the state of Oregon, the state constitution guarantees the right to bear arms (no test required) and states that it is for the purpose of personal protection.

I'm starting to smell a troll myself. I'm a bit shocked that someone on a gun forum would actually cower behind the 'militia' claim while still claiming to be for gun rights.

I am pro gun but anti idiot. And too many Idiots have guns. I am a realist and realize this system doesn't work and invite change for the better good. I don't think wide open doors makes it hard and I have no feeling nw that my rights are even close to being infrindged upon. Anything that keeps guns out of idiots hands I will vote for any day even if it means passing a test.

I am also anti alcohol. I would vote prohibition again. I don't see any benefit to it. Hell without alcohol around I might not be so inclined to speakk out against idiots owning guns because there would be a lot less people doing as stupid of things. But again people will go back alley becuase their alcohol and guns are a right dammit haha

I'm starting to smell a troll myself. I'm a bit shocked that someone on a gun forum would actually cower behind the 'militia' claim while still claiming to be for gun rights.

Oh, it's a troll alright. Did you see how fast she got her panties all bunched up when someone offered a different opinion?

Ron white was right. You can't fix stupid

Since I disagree with you, I must be stupid. Okay, little miss, you are right about everything and exactly the kind of person I want enacting laws for "the greater good." With that, you can have the last word. Have a good day.

Since I disagree with you, I must be stupid. Okay, little miss, you are right about everything and exactly the kind of person I want enacting laws for "the greater good." With that, you can have the last word. Have a good day.
Nope but when you go from making your points to name calling yes, you are stupid

I am pro gun but anti idiot. And too many Idiots have guns. I am a realist and realize this system doesn't work and invite change for the better good. I don't think wide open doors makes it hard and I have no feeling nw that my rights are even close to being infrindged upon. Anything that keeps guns out of idiots hands I will vote for any day even if it means passing a test.

I am also anti alcohol. I would vote prohibition again. I don't see any benefit to it. Hell without alcohol around I might not be so inclined to speakk out against idiots owning guns because there would be a lot less people doing as stupid of things. But again people will go back alley becuase their alcohol and guns are a right dammit haha

Voting for Prohibition again would be the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Prohibition drove a very large increase in drinking. It drove an increase in crime (of all types). It was an utter failure. I don't even drink. One of the wettest places in the country during prohibition was the in the U.S. Congress.

Likewise a test will not stop idiots from owning guns. Not to be too flippant with this but the phrase "You can't fix stupid" comes to mind. Once you figure out how to get stupid people from doing things that mess with the rest of us I would ask that you then bring world peace and end hunger.

Please see post #17 where you called me an anarchist( "Basically an anarchist"). Looks like you began the name calling. Now, please carry on and have a nice day.

Nope!
Did you forget your post DIRECTLY above. It calling me a frustrated mom from whatever you said. Move along

The thing that really bothers me is that because of my "don't tread on me" attitude I immediately get lumped into the same category as "irresponsible gun owner," and "the vocal minority that is going to get my rights taken away."

Look, the simple fact of the matter is that on the rate we are going 100 years from now we are going to look like Canada, and not because of me or people that are like minded. In the previous 100 years we have given up our rights because we were afraid of black people, we have given up our right to carry without registering with the state, and in some places we have to come up with bubblegum like this s1200_ar15.jpg to be legal.

Not to be to bold, brash, or bothersome, but what good are RIGHTS if you are afraid to use them?
With respect YOUR RIGHTS ARE ALREADY GONE, you just don't know it yet.

and it really is that simple.

The only things you can do is
1) each month take a new friend to the range
2) FOR GOD SAKE TEACH YOUR CHILDREN, PASS IT ON
3) Lobby your legislature
4) Make sure you follow safe firearm practices
5) Smile :), engage and be a fun person to be around:p

Show them that normal people love guns. I did this where I worked in the food industry for 3 years. In that time I have gotten 1 dude and 3 women into and to go and buy their first guns, showed them how to safely use them, and I regularly go shooting with them. It is really that simple, show your passion while being likeable. That simple.

Eagle

Please see post #17 where you called me an anarchist( "Basically an anarchist"). Looks like you began the name calling. Now, please carry on and have a nice day.
Your posts seem really dumb since I put whoeverthatwas on ignore,lol
BTW the age limits are mostly regulated by states.the age of 21 is for FFL purchases of hand guns.
Long guns age is 18 but some states .children under 18 can carry weapons. (check Alaska)
I do agree that there are some problems with open carry,but it WILL EFFECT EVERYONE that owns a gun if we let that right go.
So did that troll make up 2 accounts to get 15 likes in 67 post,or what ever the numbers were?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top