JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wanted to post a quick thread to let everyone know about a site we're launching for firearm enthusiasts of the Southwestern US, SouthwestFirearms.com. After having great success with NorthwestFirearms.com and with myself considering a move to Arizona for a while, I wanted to create the same sort of community for the Southwest. I know there are already many different forums for the four states and that region in general, I simply want to offer another option.

Stay Safe,
Joe Link

I wouldn't make any state-specific disclaimers, though. While "Northwest" is pretty well defined, even that is fairly loose, some people consider Montana part of "Northwest", others don't. Southwest is even looser. For example, you don't mention New Mexico, yet that is almost ALWAYS considered part of "The Southwest". Some even consider Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas. I even know some (mostly from AZ/NM) who exclude California!

Edit: Ah, now I notice that it is already live, and you don't list specific states - good. Good luck with it! I know from my time in Arizona that there are plenty of gun enthusiasts there!

I wouldn't make any state-specific disclaimers, though. While "Northwest" is pretty well defined, even that is fairly loose, some people consider Montana part of "Northwest", others don't. Southwest is even looser. For example, you don't mention New Mexico, yet that is almost ALWAYS considered part of "The Southwest". Some even consider Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas. I even know some (mostly from AZ/NM) who exclude California!

Edit: Ah, now I notice that it is already live, and you don't list specific states - good. Good luck with it! I know from my time in Arizona that there are plenty of gun enthusiasts there!

I agree with this complete. I think we're going to focus on Arizona and Nevada for now, then Utah.

We're almost to 75 members now :)

I wanted to post a quick thread to let everyone know about a site we're launching for firearm enthusiasts of the Southwestern US, SouthwestFirearms.com. After having great success with NorthwestFirearms.com and with myself considering a move to Arizona for a while, I wanted to create the same sort of community for the Southwest. I know there are already many different forums for the four states and that region in general, I simply want to offer another option.

Stay Safe,
Joe Link
Already joined and I know the Summers are hot we have no Spring or Fall but winters are great. Welcome to Arizona, You will like it here.

Wow it looks like you are off to a great start and have even more members now, you might want to address that copyright notice in the lower right corner though.

If I started another forum, I have a few, I would certainly use xenforo.com forum software, I'm really impressed with it. I might even try to migrate one of my existing forums over if they have a data base conversion tool available.

~

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top