Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun owners of Arizona, Nevada, and Utah

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Joe Link, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I wanted to post a quick thread to let everyone know about a site we're launching for firearm enthusiasts of the Southwestern US, SouthwestFirearms.com. After having great success with NorthwestFirearms.com and with myself considering a move to Arizona for a while, I wanted to create the same sort of community for the Southwest. I know there are already many different forums for the four states and that region in general, I simply want to offer another option.

Stay Safe,
    Joe Link

pokerace and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Best of luck, Joe!!

3. tashworth1

tashworth1 oregon McMinnville area Active Member

great, the more support the better

4. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Well, I certainly enjoy the local flavor of this BB, so I hope your new venture will be just as good!

5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I'm sure it will once it grows :)

6. MikeE

MikeE Portland Well-Known Member

Good luck! NWFA is a very good model.

7. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

I wouldn't make any state-specific disclaimers, though. While "Northwest" is pretty well defined, even that is fairly loose, some people consider Montana part of "Northwest", others don't. Southwest is even looser. For example, you don't mention New Mexico, yet that is almost ALWAYS considered part of "The Southwest". Some even consider Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas. I even know some (mostly from AZ/NM) who exclude California!

Edit: Ah, now I notice that it is already live, and you don't list specific states - good. Good luck with it! I know from my time in Arizona that there are plenty of gun enthusiasts there!

8. Joe Link

I agree with this complete. I think we're going to focus on Arizona and Nevada for now, then Utah.

We're almost to 75 members now :)

9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

There's a lot of them. I've gone to a couple gun shows when I visited my brother down there. Made me wish I lived there. :)