JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are so many things that could possibly go wrong with a military attack in Syria. You could throw out ten or twenty different theories on what could play out, and what could go wrong, and every single one of them could sound plausible at this point.

Even people that support going after Assad, have to admit that this is like reaching into a bee's nest at this point. Are you guys ignoring the fact that the US and Russia both have carrier fleets in the Med right now - and not on a friendly training exercise? When was that last time that happened? Just one of many possibilities.

But, I guess the bully that never reached into that bee's nest was called a pussy at school, and nobody was ever afraid of him again. Even though he was twice the size of everyone else at school, and had a historic track record of beating the bubblegum out of other kids. Sorry if it's a bad analogy - I think you get the point.

It would be nice if deluded Americans could wake up on some level and understand that the sock puppet's desire to bomb Syria has ZERO to do with the staged Sarin gas attack blamed on the Syrian government.

Are Americans going to remain willfully ignorant to the bitter end? Does every lie and manipulation get a pass?

The puppet speech was on at the gym tonight. I would never turn my boob tube on at home to watch it. I mean damn; so cartoonish. The news people that are supposed to pass for news people, but should just work for the Pentagon and get it over with; no objections, no real questions, no real commentary. Complete lockdown.

I am embarrassed for my fellow Americans for being so gullible and dimwitted to believe the same tired crap over and over again.

"Trying to get Americans to understand truth is like trying to scoop up the Pacific Ocean with a Dixie cup" - J. Maxwell

The US has no capacity to fight a war without China's support. We no longer have the manufacturing capacity to fight an offensive war beyond 2 or 3 months on our own. If China cuts off exports to the US we are dead ducks. The allies won WWII because they had the endless capacity of the US to produce more than what was lost. It was a war of attrition and the Germans and the Japanese didn't have the resources to compete. The Japanese after loosing the Battle of Midway never built another aircraft carrier, where we went on to build over 100 of them. Sure, we could fight a defensive war and hold out a few years like the Japanese and Germans did after mid 1942, but you don't win a defensive war against a determined enemy. The only way you win a defensive war is for the enemy to eventually decide it is not worth the costs to win, which basically has happened war since WWII. By the mid 21st China will be the top dog on the block and I am glad I will be gone by then.

The US has no capacity to fight a war without China's support. We no longer have the manufacturing capacity to fight an offensive war beyond 2 or 3 months on our own. If China cuts off exports to the US we are dead ducks. The allies won WWII because they had the endless capacity of the US to produce more than what was lost. It was a war of attrition and the Germans and the Japanese didn't have the resources to compete. The Japanese after loosing the Battle of Midway never built another aircraft carrier, where we went on to build over 100 of them. Sure, we could fight a defensive war and hold out a few years like the Japanese and Germans did after mid 1942, but you don't win a defensive war against a determined enemy. The only way you win a defensive war is for the enemy to eventually decide it is not worth the costs to win, which basically has happened war since WWII. By the mid 21st China will be the top dog on the block and I am glad I will be gone by then.

We didn't have the materials & weapons when WWII broke out either, but we sure tooled up and got the job done. We CAN do it again.
We do have the nuclear arms to get the job done as a last resort if Obunga is not allowed to deplete them anymore.
America's number one enemy at this moment is Obama and his anti American loyalists..

True on your first line. But we have nothing to gear up anymore. Most of the industrial plants, steel mills, foundries and machine tooling has all gone overseas, mainly to China. And who are you going to get to work in these plants, the kids who can"t even put a full sentence together or who have trouble adding beyond the number fingers they haver? When the explosion on the Battleship Iowa blew up one of the guns, they couldn't have fixed it even if they had wanted to. The Navy said their was no foundries anymore that were large enough to make new guns or many of the other parts. What plants we have now are purpose built for one product and cannot be converted easily if at all. The machines that were building IBM & Remington typewriters were the same ones that were used to make car parts and jukeboxes, all were easily changed over to make rifles. Not any more. And Remington only got in the typewriter business as a way to use their excess manufacturing capacity because of a falling off in their gun sales, mainly military. We can't even keep up on a spike in ammo demand.

Obama admin. sends guns to Syria...without background checks

News over the past 48 hours that the Obama administration has already started delivering small arms and ammunition to Syrian rebels, even while Secretary of State John Kerry negotiated a so-called "peaceful solution" to the chemical weapons controversy, leaves questions about the kinds of loopholes the president has complained about regarding private gun transactions here in the United States.

<broken link removed>

Aiding the enemy, which is precisely what Obama is doing (helping the rebels, ie muslim brotherhood which are al Quaida) is TREASON and nothing less.

He needs to be brought up on charges and everyone needs to raise holy hell with Congress and the Senate until it happens. And dont say it cant be done, because it can !

If they wont act, maybe it is time for the million bikers that seem to be the only ones with any guts need to do the job. This all has gone on for to damned long !

It's good that we Republicans are finally waking up to the fact that needless oversees entaglements do not advance American interests.

I believe it is not Republicans waking up (I still see very few Republicans condemning Bush for his wasteful invasions into Iraq and Afghanistan), it is Republicans trying to hurt Obama and trade the geopolitical American interests for the short-term political interests of their own party - much like what they are doing with the national debt limit.

And I am not anti-Republican at all, cannot wait until Obama is out of the office. It is just the game here is very, very obvious - those slimy politicians don't care if our children are left with a remnant of a superpower, a country whose reputation and ability to control international affairs is seriously harmed - no price is too high for a few points before the next elections.

Its none of our business who wins the civil war in Syria. We should not be choosing sides or getting involved. However....
The use of chemical weapons is a gross violation of the laws of war, and a crime against humanity. 189 nations have signed a treaty to that effect. It cannot be tolerated. I have no problem whatsoever with the idea of raining Tomahawks down on the military infastructure of any dictator who chooses to use them on civilians. In order for the Chemical Weapons Convention treaty to have any validity, somebody needs to be willing to step up and kick some *** when that treaty gets violated. Our willingness to do just that is the main reason why Assad has agreed to hand his arsenal over to the UN. While I doubt very much that he will hand them ALL over....if we can get rid of even 90% of them it will seriously reduce the likelihood of them being used again. And the reality of the situation is that the Russians dont want chemical weapons being used on their doorstep either, so in this case they want the same thing we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top