JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:s0054: :s0146:

AND YOU THOUGHT THIS WAS JUST ABOUT BACKGROUND CHECKS, HUH?

'There is no right of privacy for gun owners' – the anti-gun mindset

Today's Seattle Times report about the latest Elway Poll on Washington State's dueling initiatives provides a few revealing looks into how anti-gunners think; an alarming perspective that surfaces elsewhere in the gun debate whenever gun prohibitionists allow their true mindset to escape from behind the façade of "being reasonable" that they try to project.

<broken link removed>

PLEASE BE SURE TO LEAVE COMMENTS BELOW THE EXAMINER COLUMN.

http://wagunrights.org

POGR
12500 N.E. Tenth Place
Bellevue, WA 98005
ATTN: Phil Watson

Dave,

How come they NEVER call me? Or anyone I know?

Going off on a tangent: This subject needs to have actual DA/lawyers read and make a public statement about who in I-594 is being exempted from UBC, and when, and where. I've still got a bunch of pro-594 people saying that my concerns are unfounded, despite the text of the bill.

Dave,

Going off on a tangent: This subject needs to have actual DA/lawyers read and make a public statement about who in I-594 is being exempted from UBC, and when, and where. I've still got a bunch of pro-594 people saying that my concerns are unfounded, despite the text of the bill.

Watch the prosecutor Satterman in the Seattle Times 594 debate video. He practically admits the bill is mostly useless on crime and unclear on transfers, but supports it anyway. There is no way you will get a public statement until it passes.

Watch the prosecutor Satterman in the Seattle Times 594 debate video. He practically admits the bill is mostly useless on crime and unclear on transfers, but supports it anyway. There is no way you will get a public statement until it passes.

It's "Satterberg." Dan Satterberg. If we're going to talk about somebody, let's get his name right. I was in a public meeting a few years ago when some "gun guy" got up and started a rant about "Patty Murphy." I cannot make up this stuff. We need to look intelligent and be intelligent.

Gy, If they want your opinion, they will tell you what it is.
You're on "the list".
It was June 1978, Just back from two weeks of fun in Death Valley (Fort Irwin) High-n-tight with the Reserves.
I was called to Jury Duty. Defense kept asking me silly questions as to could I be objective and "fair" as a juror for their defendant? On trial for murdering a gas station attendant during robbery. Finally, I addressed his Honor. "Your Honor, The defense team seems concerned regarding my background and current mindset. May I speak candidly?" His Honor nodded. "My hair and my body are high and tight, I am a US Marine Reservist. I have no issues with the Death Penalty. I believe I can objectively, without bias, cast one of twelve votes regarding this trial."
The defense team requested that his Honor dismiss me, using up one of their peremptory challenges.
I am on "the List" that doesn't exist.
cr518g_hdr.jpg

It's a simple case of math. In WA, where 90% of all gun shows take place under the purview of WA Arms Collectors, who require ALL attendants to pass a BG check.

We have ample information from the FBI on where criminals get their guns, and it's not from gun shows. <broken link removed> .

So the point is, for this law, proposed in the face of insane and violent people who would have PASSED a BG check, to catch the one in ten thousand crazy people who will try to buy a gun and do something evil with it, while making every gun owner in the state a criminal if they loan their target pistol to a friend to teach their kid to shoot.

You might use your right to free speech or the right to vote in ways that really make you look like a nut. I don't get to curtail THAT, either.

Rights kinda suck that way. Including mine. You don't have to LIKE my rights, but you DO have to leave them alone or risk a judicial spanking.

This law is unenforceable on it's face, holds a trivial penalty (Seriously? Gross Misdemeanor?)
and will not stop ONE single crime.

Unless you are stupid enough to think that a person who spends months/years planning a murderous attack (ala Aurora, Newtown and many others) will be too stupid to grasp your toothless, unenforceable law and evade it easily.

It's a nothing law with nothing consequences because EVERYONE will ignore it and the cops don't have enough bodies to police the entire internet. (Unless you LIKE the NSA spying?)

It has zero possibility of enforcement. Does anyone in their right mind think that passing a completely unenforceable law makes sense? We might as well ban "Thoughts about young girls" from entering the heads of young men. There is NO, ZERO way to enforce this law unless the criminal defendant is stupid enough to tell the truth. -Good work Gun Grabbers, you just made 450k Washingtonians lie about guns to police. They weren't planning on lying to cops, but your law made it necessary.

Tell us some more about the wonderful effects you plan for us, oh gun-grabbers, because so dar you've proposed to make 1.1 MILLION gun owners in WA into criminals for loaning their hunting rifle to uncle Bob.

You're encouraging lies and deceipt, with no way to enforce your law and a trivial penalty if someone DOES manage to get caught. (Trivial for a criminal, LIFE-DESTROYING for the average good guy.)

Once again we see where your sympathies lie.

It's not with the law-abiding gun-owner defending herself against a rape, it's with the rapist.

Far better to be raped than to kill a rapist. That's your message. Frankly, I don't think it's gonna fly, even in WA.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top