JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long story short, I have a family member who is a gun owner, ccw permit holder (who uses it regularly as well), NRA member. And yet at the same time is AGAINST gun ownership. Ask this person about guns and they will try to talk their hardest to prevent you and everyone you know from buying one. He will tell you protection should be left to the police, and if you want it for plinking just rent one at the range. He even goes as far as saying if you have enemies that would want to harm you, you probably deserve it.

Anyone ever ran across this type of person before?

Long story short, I have a family member who is a gun owner, ccw permit holder (who uses it regularly as well), NRA member. And yet at the same time is AGAINST gun ownership. Ask this person about guns and they will try to talk their hardest to prevent you and everyone you know from buying one. He will tell you protection should be left to the police, and if you want it for plinking just rent one at the range. He even goes as far as saying if you have enemies that would want to harm you, you probably deserve it.

Anyone ever ran across this type of person before?

Sounds like a real festering turd.

is he a police officer?
if not then why does he have a ccw?
the term HYPOCRITE fits here i belive

cop was my first thought too.

---

just sounds like a different type of douchebag, is all. i love when i meet people who are pro-anti gun (what else to call them?)... they keep saying "hey, man- i'm pro gun, i'm just for...." bla bla bla. they genuinely believe they're pro-gun simply because they don't think guns should be banned outright, like all their friends

but your douchebag is a unique kind of anti. cherish the find, and rip on his logic mercilessly.

Yep, have a long time friend much like that. Graduated from high school in '65 in the same class. Voted for Obwan and still thinks OB can do no wrong and everything going on is Bush's (both of them) fault. We don't talk politics although I get a jab in once in a while!!

Eight U.S. Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

I remember buying my first gun from NW armory 15ish years ago and asking the opinion of the guy behind the counter who replied 'I don't know; I don't like guns'. I thought he was in an odd profession to make that statement.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top