JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
im sure hes a fan
I think "he" is a "she", but I agree it is hard to tell.

1654474650894.jpeg

Prime example of who this thread was referring to.

Former DC police officer stating only police should have them.

BIG NOPE.

Prime example of who this thread was referring to.

That guy is an idiot. Bad guys shouldn't have guns. You don't have to worry about good guys with guns.
What a ninny.

Last Edited:
Long story short, I have a family member who is a gun owner, ccw permit holder (who uses it regularly as well), NRA member. And yet at the same time is AGAINST gun ownership. Ask this person about guns and they will try to talk their hardest to prevent you and everyone you know from buying one. He will tell you protection should be left to the police, and if you want it for plinking just rent one at the range. He even goes as far as saying if you have enemies that would want to harm you, you probably deserve it.

Anyone ever ran across this type of person before?
Sounds like a lot of Californians I used to know. 😁

You do understand that Trump, the ATF and the CFR says that bump stocks are machine guns, don't you? Just like auto sears, silencers/parts and receivers are all firearms according to the law.
They can call them giraffes if they want. You can play their word games if you want. When a bump stock or auto sear can launch a bullet without attachment to an actual gun, then I'll call it a firearm. Their whole idea of constructive intent is as unconstitutional as the NFA.

So what is a gun and what is not? My guns can't launch a bullet without a striker or firing pin.

So do your attitudes on constructive intent and the NFA also say that banning bump stocks is wrong? I wish the NFA did not exist, but I'm not going to risk 20 years in prison (contraband MG possession) for testing the bump stock ban.

Anyone here think they can skate on a contraband machine gun possession charge by telling the judge that gump stocks are not guns?

Long story short, I have a family member who is a gun owner, ccw permit holder (who uses it regularly as well), NRA member. And yet at the same time is AGAINST gun ownership. Ask this person about guns and they will try to talk their hardest to prevent you and everyone you know from buying one. He will tell you protection should be left to the police, and if you want it for plinking just rent one at the range. He even goes as far as saying if you have enemies that would want to harm you, you probably deserve it.

Anyone ever ran across this type of person before?
Well, yeah..... little over fifty years ago. When the Black Panthers decided to start defending themselves from extra-legal attacks by LEOs (never happened, surely) and exercise their rights guarantied under the Second Amendment to the Bill of Rights, the Christ of Red Dye #3 (aka Ronnie Raygun), then-governor of California, did his damnedest to disarm them and deny their constitutionally specified right to self-protection from a tyrannical government.

I hear a great deal about mental illness being discussed around firearms use and rights lately. The biggest intellectual handicap that I REPEATEDLY encounter is selective memory loss. An epidemic of "playground bully" attitude runs a real close second.

Sadly, my fellow Second Amendment hardliners, for the most part, no longer seem capable of handling nuance. Or, for that matter, a principled opposing stand.

Well, yeah..... little over fifty years ago. When the Black Panthers decided to start defending themselves from extra-legal attacks by LEOs (never happened, surely) and exercise their rights guarantied under the Second Amendment to the Bill of Rights, the Christ of Red Dye #3 (aka Ronnie Raygun), then-governor of California, did his damnedest to disarm them and deny their constitutionally specified right to self-protection from a tyrannical government.

I hear a great deal about mental illness being discussed around firearms use and rights lately. The biggest intellectual handicap that I REPEATEDLY encounter is selective memory loss. An epidemic of "playground bully" attitude runs a real close second.

Sadly, my fellow Second Amendment hardliners, for the most part, no longer seem capable of handling nuance. Or, for that matter, a principled opposing stand.
MULFORD ACT

CA - Reagan

~~~ signed by Governor Ronald Reagan on July 28, 1967.

"Both Republicans and Democrats in California supported increased gun control, as did the National Rifle Association of America.[10] Governor Ronald Reagan, who was coincidentally present on the capitol lawn when the protesters arrived, later commented that he saw "no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons" and that guns were a "ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will." In a later press conference, Reagan added that the Mulford Act "would work no hardship on the honest citizen."[3]

The bill was signed by Reagan and became California penal code 25850 and 171c."

~~~

I wrote about this on several OLD and long gone boards and forums over the years. From the late 90's and on. I spoke about it in person and on the telephone too.

Old Lady Cate

Invite him to Thanksgiving dinner and ask guests to open carry. If he stays he probably won't have much of an appetite and that equals more food and dessert for you. 🤣

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top