JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It used to be somewhat uncommon to see 38 ACP before a few companies like SIG , Beretta, Taurus and a slew of recalibered Makarovs flooded the country. I see 38 ACP everywhere I buy ammo.
I'll bet you're mistaking 380 Auto for the 38 ACP. Same diameter, different case.

I copied this from the article linked in post #226:

August 25, 2012 at 10:43
As I understand the law here, my state of Oregon calls for civilians (not sure about police) to use HP and not solid nose bullets just the opposite of NJ. If a civilian uses a solid FMJ then the shooting incident gets bumped up from a police investigation to the grand jury level. FYI, these are issues that I've read about and I'm not 100% sure if it is correct.

I have never heard this before, and the article is dated, but it seems like bubblegum to me?

I'd jump on that if that's the case, but do you think it has anything to do with your new FFL?

Good question. I would tend to think not as:

1. The legal entity I registered it to was our family trust and not the FFL which is an LLC.
  2. Others, here and on another board, are reporting the same.
But who knows what machinations go on at the NFA Branch.

No legal merit in OR.

Similar to the myth that using handloads in a successful defensive gun use would garner extra scrutiny.

This isn't a myth. There are cases where it does matter. There was a case years back where a man was accused of murdering his wife because the spent casing in the revolver had +P headstamping. I believe it was an episode of Forensic Files or a similar show, but I can't find it.

Maybe it is a myth after all?

I've played around with the idea of bird shot for home defense...as I love to hunt grouse and always seem to have a shotgun of some sort handy with #7 1/2 and #6 bird shot with it...
Yeah #9 shot not so much to like for this role....#7 1/2 is better....#6 better still and #4 seems to have it down well...at least out of my guns and for the distances in my home....

Regardless of what shot or gun I have....I ain't going to curl up and wait to die , just cause all I have is a bird gun and birdshot...

Andy

Here's a guy with a definite opinion.... Tho I think I agree with the comment that all the pics are of shots taken in excess of 10yds: No! Birdshot Does Not Work For Self Defense – John1911.com Gun Blog

Getting-shot-birdshot-3.jpg.webp

Getting-shot-birdshot-2.jpg.webp

Getting-shot-birdshot-1.jpg.webp

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Here's a guy with a definite opinion.... Tho I think I agree with the comment that all the pics are of shots taken in excess of 10yds: No! Birdshot Does Not Work For Self Defense – John1911.com Gun Blog

Getting-shot-birdshot-3.jpg.webp

Getting-shot-birdshot-2.jpg.webp

Getting-shot-birdshot-1.jpg.webp

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Again... I do not advocate the use of bird shot for home defense...as a general rule....

I am saying that for me and where I live , along with the short distance of a defensive shot that I have...
That #4 bird shot would work in a pinch...and that I am not going to curl up and wait to die , just 'cause all I have on hand is bird shot....
Normally #4 buck is what I have for this purpose.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads