JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The myth at all Ex-military types (especially Generals) have the knowledge about firearms. Note: "Fully Semi-Automatic"

OR....that Politicians know their s___t when it comes to guns.

OR.....something a little more serious.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Has anyone mentioned the interesting post-ww2 fable that ANY hit with a .45acp will knock you down? I clearly remember being told this from a young age. Even being hit in the hand would spin you around (they claimed)!
BS flies, especially when you're a kid.
When I was a kid, we all KNEW that the .30-06 was the most powerful gun in the world and if you didn't brace yourself "correctly", the recoil alone would knock you down.

...;)

Dean

I can't seem to find the video from a couple decades ago, but Chuck Schumer stating that a semi-auto can be converted easily to full-auto with a, quote, "paper-clip".
Actually, I once saw it done with an open bolt Ingram, which of course doesn't mean it will work on anything else. Open bolt autos are now a no-no.

I can't seem to find the video from a couple decades ago, but Chuck Schumer stating that a semi-auto can be converted easily to full-auto with a, quote, "paper-clip".
Actually, I once saw it done with an open bolt Ingram, which of course doesn't mean it will work on anything else. Open bolt autos are now a no-no.
Its true. I put a paper clip on my AK dust cover and now it shoots 1,000 rounds per minute and each magazine magically carries 500 rounds. :rolleyes:

The county over from mine has an elected representative that introduced a resolution making it illegal to 3D print a fully automatic Colt Python within 1000 yards of school . . . .

His high school kid told him he heard some other kids talking about it at lunch.

The county over from mine has an elected representative that introduced a resolution making it illegal to 3D print a fully automatic Colt Python within 1000 yards of school . . . .

His high school kid told him he heard some other kids talking about it at lunch.
Fully auto Colt Python ?

FACEPALM_1_Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Statue.jpg

The .38 Super is a fine round, the problem is quality defensive and bulk training ammo is few and far between compared to rounds like 45acp and 9x19mm.
Back when Mexico made the people give up guns a ton of NICE 1911's in .38 Super started to get dumped on the market here. That was the only real downside, ammo. The ballistics were impressive with the +P stuff, just try to buy any. This was when only an FFL could order ammo. Go to large store's and if they had anything in this caliber it was the ball load and expensive. Later the round just died out in favor of other's.

Back when Mexico made the people give up guns a ton of NICE 1911's in .38 Super started to get dumped on the market here. That was the only real downside, ammo. The ballistics were impressive with the +P stuff, just try to buy any. This was when only an FFL could order ammo. Go to large store's and if they had anything in this caliber it was the ball load and expensive. Later the round just died out in favor of other's.

I hate to break it to you, but .38 Super is quite alive and well in the custom 1911 circles.

The caliber is anything but dead . . . .

The myth of the tactical reload as an essential skill for the semi-auto concealed carry folks. The point was driven home by the guy standing next to me at the outdoor range yesterday when he starting juggling his magazines as he attempted a tactical reload and had lost his grip on one of the mags. Had he been involved in a life or death situation, he would have found himself in a grave situation.

The tactical reload seems to be a solution looking for a problem. The speed reload, emergency reload, and retention reload are more KISS friendly and don't complicate the task like the tactical reload. KISS - Keep It Simple Shooter.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top