JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently picked up a stainless steel Taurus 856 and started to polish it. Here is an update on my progress. I plan to polish it to a mirror finish eventually. Also I changed out the Taurus grips for wood pachmyer grips.

1A3842CB-0570-49EE-9D5E-1159F97678A8.jpeg 7C3D077D-3A8F-4354-A96D-0A2FB9946692.jpeg

The most current project has been to obtain a G22 complete frame dedicated to an Advantage Arms 22LR slide.
In waiting; a couple 1911's to fit with short triggers, and some finish work on the CZ40B,RAMI 40, 75B SA slide, po7/po9 9mm barrels conversion extravaganza!

Joe

I recently picked up a stainless steel Taurus 856 and started to polish it. Here is an update on my progress. I plan to polish it to a mirror finish eventually. Also I changed out the Taurus grips for wood pachmyer grips.

View attachment 1223194 View attachment 1223195
This is funny--I'm doing the exact opposite on an NAA Earl. The one with the fake 1858 Remington-style loading lever. I've dehorned the entire gun, polished out that godawful sandblast finish, and accumulated all the chemicals needed for a hot-bath black oxide finish as well as case hardened finish for trigger and hammer. Just need some more equipment and a little more experimenting with the case hardening effect. Results have been a little inconsistent on the practice metal.

You've brought out the beauty of that Taurus!

I am slowly working on a .35 Whelen build on a Savage 111 action with an EH Shaw 22" barrel. Boyd's customized Walnut stock with a Leopold VariX II 3x-9x 40mm scope. This will be my new Elk Bear rifle.

Big project:
AMT:
Repair my AMT Automag 2 safety lever
Mount aimtech optic grip
Paint upper optic mount silver to replicate the Terminator long slide 1911 with that massive laser atop it. I opted for a matte silver pistol scope but hopefully it all turns out well.

Glock:
Cheek mount for Recover tactical brace plus a micro optic.

M90:
Mount: Optic mount, optic and cheek riser

Big project:
AMT:
Repair my AMT Automag 2 safety lever
Mount aimtech optic grip
Paint upper optic mount silver to replicate the Terminator long slide 1911 with that massive laser atop it. I opted for a matte silver pistol scope but hopefully it all turns out well.

Glock:
Cheek mount for Recover tactical brace plus a micro optic.

M90:
Mount: Optic mount, optic and cheek riser
I am all for the Terminator look on the long slide 1911! That will turn out really cool!

I am all for the Terminator look on the long slide 1911! That will turn out really cool!
I hope so. All the parts come in thru this week. It could look really goofy considering this is the 22 mag long slide with those cuts in the slide and not a standard 1911. Im hoping it'll look "sort of" like the T1 pistol.

Cut down a, damascus barreled, A.J Aubrey 12ga. The stock was busted, barrel pitted, ejector and some screws missing. Its repaired, refinished, re blued, sporting a 12 to 20ga adapter. I'm shaping and checkering a 1/4" steel buttplate that holds a sling swivel, I want a one point sling.

20220615_210329.jpg

Last Edited:
Good deal for us both…
Father in-law letting me clean some of his stuff for him. He can use the help and I can get my hands on different stuff.
The action is little gummy on the JC Higgins Mod. 60.
Get to see the inners of a semi auto.

EA04C746-BE28-4633-BD5D-123C0E903F97.jpeg 046E9C9B-0F47-473F-9308-1609570A128E.jpeg

I am currently having a 1903-a3 rebarreked and cerakoted then I get to build a stock for it.
.I am also about to have a 264 winchester put together and blueded by @Velzey. Just waiting on the sale of a rifle. Then build a stock for it
Plenty of projects in the works.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads