JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buyer's remorse, perhaps?

All of the negative comments I've seen are in regards to failures that can likely be attributed to a weak grip. Most were resolved quickly once the problem was explained to the shooter. I don't have any links or references to cite, but that's the gist of the threads that I have read on the XDs so far.

I'm looking forward to trying one, and am anxiously awaiting the 9mm version.

I'm quite happy with my XD-S in .45 ACP such that I bought a second one. It is my concealed carry. I will likely get a XD-S in 9mm for the wife.

I think the important thing is that each person find what works best for them.

Peter

The only complaints i've ever heard was the MASSIVE amounts of recoil that the .45acp round causes with the XDS.......pansies.

Really this is gun is awesome, although some people should stick to 9mm.

Have a PJ kydex IWB holster coming for it,been carrying a Xd45compact forever. The XDs should be a relief size and weight wise. I need to get out and shoot a couple of boxes this weekend.Hope this will be my new EDC.Still gonna buy the Shield when it gets here.Can't have too many pistol, right?

I have a .45 XM(m) and five mags, never had an issue with any of them. My wife's XD(m) is a compact so the factory "extender" mag can be a bit buggy, but the regular compact mags work with no issues.

I have seen a few complaints and from what I can tell all have been attributed to grip issues or ammo. I got mine 2 weeks ago and put 100 rounds through it right of the bat, had an issue with ammo(results to follow), then shot a few different brands through it. Over all it is a very nice shooting gun, I did not find the recoil bad at all and was quite pleased, especially for a compact in a 45. So ammo results...

First 5o rounds were RWS (given to me to try)
Second 50 were Independence
then 25 rnds Remington, federal,

RWS had 10% failure - 3 FTL and 2 FTF (had potential to be discouraging)
Next was Independence ran through a dirty bore, all 50 rounds were flawless!!
cleaned gun and then ran Remington and Federal through. both were perfect..

My opinion you cant go wrong with this gun, it was very reliable and accurate. This is now my main conceal gun. I did just buy Pearce grip extensions for my 5 rnd mags. Advice.. shoot only good quality ammo and practice, practice.

Well, If gun mags are anything like gaming mags then reviews are mostly bought and paid for so I never give a thought about them. What I like to hear is the input from the owners.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top