Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun Magazine reviews-XDs

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Jaybo666, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Jaybo666

Jaybo666 Clackamas Member

Lots of online negative reviews for the SA 45XDs. But all the pistol magazine rave about them and never report a problem with it.Thoughts?

2. ConcernedCitizen

ConcernedCitizen Oregon Member

Buyer's remorse, perhaps?

All of the negative comments I've seen are in regards to failures that can likely be attributed to a weak grip. Most were resolved quickly once the problem was explained to the shooter. I don't have any links or references to cite, but that's the gist of the threads that I have read on the XDs so far.

I'm looking forward to trying one, and am anxiously awaiting the 9mm version.

3. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Magazines have to rave about them, they don't want to crap on their advertisers. If they do they wont get paid.

4. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

I'm quite happy with my XD-S in .45 ACP such that I bought a second one. It is my concealed carry. I will likely get a XD-S in 9mm for the wife.

I think the important thing is that each person find what works best for them.

Peter

5. Tomoizle

Tomoizle Vancouver, Washington, United States Active Member

I got one and love it! Not a better 45 to carry. The size is perfect!

6. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

The only complaints i've ever heard was the MASSIVE amounts of recoil that the .45acp round causes with the XDS.......pansies.

Really this is gun is awesome, although some people should stick to 9mm.

7. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

Have an XDm in .45 not a small gun but not a problem so far to be had.

I do like the M&P if it has the APEX trigger better, though. I need to try an XDm trigger upgrade.

8. SLO

SLO Portland Member

LOVE mine! It's all i carry any more.

9. Jaybo666

Jaybo666 Clackamas Member

Have a PJ kydex IWB holster coming for it,been carrying a Xd45compact forever. The XDs should be a relief size and weight wise. I need to get out and shoot a couple of boxes this weekend.Hope this will be my new EDC.Still gonna buy the Shield when it gets here.Can't have too many pistol, right?

ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.
  10. bmarshall

bmarshall oregon Member

I have a pj iwb with the 30 degree deep concealment for my xds and love it carrys very easily. The xds has performed flawless for me great gun.

11. Heidland

Heidland SW Washington Active Member

I have a .45 XM(m) and five mags, never had an issue with any of them. My wife's XD(m) is a compact so the factory "extender" mag can be a bit buggy, but the regular compact mags work with no issues.

12. Coldsteel

Coldsteel Portland New Member

I have seen a few complaints and from what I can tell all have been attributed to grip issues or ammo. I got mine 2 weeks ago and put 100 rounds through it right of the bat, had an issue with ammo(results to follow), then shot a few different brands through it. Over all it is a very nice shooting gun, I did not find the recoil bad at all and was quite pleased, especially for a compact in a 45. So ammo results...

First 5o rounds were RWS (given to me to try)
    Second 50 were Independence
    then 25 rnds Remington, federal,

RWS had 10% failure - 3 FTL and 2 FTF (had potential to be discouraging)
    Next was Independence ran through a dirty bore, all 50 rounds were flawless!!
    cleaned gun and then ran Remington and Federal through. both were perfect..

My opinion you cant go wrong with this gun, it was very reliable and accurate. This is now my main conceal gun. I did just buy Pearce grip extensions for my 5 rnd mags. Advice.. shoot only good quality ammo and practice, practice.

13. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

Well, If gun mags are anything like gaming mags then reviews are mostly bought and paid for so I never give a thought about them. What I like to hear is the input from the owners.

14. ironmike86

ironmike86 WA Member

Less recoil then my G27 love mine. 400+ flawless rounds. But if the 40 SW didn't bother me ..most wont.:)

006-1.jpg