Gun Magazine reviews-XDs

Reactions
Lots of online negative reviews for the SA 45XDs. But all the pistol magazine rave about them and never report a problem with it.Thoughts?

Reactions
Buyer's remorse, perhaps?

All of the negative comments I've seen are in regards to failures that can likely be attributed to a weak grip. Most were resolved quickly once the problem was explained to the shooter. I don't have any links or references to cite, but that's the gist of the threads that I have read on the XDs so far.

I'm looking forward to trying one, and am anxiously awaiting the 9mm version.

ATCclears

Reactions
I'm quite happy with my XD-S in .45 ACP such that I bought a second one. It is my concealed carry. I will likely get a XD-S in 9mm for the wife.

I think the important thing is that each person find what works best for them.

Peter

Reactions
The only complaints i've ever heard was the MASSIVE amounts of recoil that the .45acp round causes with the XDS.......pansies.

Really this is gun is awesome, although some people should stick to 9mm.

mortar maggot

Reactions
Have an XDm in .45 not a small gun but not a problem so far to be had.

I do like the M&P if it has the APEX trigger better, though. I need to try an XDm trigger upgrade.

OP
J
Reactions
Have a PJ kydex IWB holster coming for it,been carrying a Xd45compact forever. The XDs should be a relief size and weight wise. I need to get out and shoot a couple of boxes this weekend.Hope this will be my new EDC.Still gonna buy the Shield when it gets here.Can't have too many pistol, right?

Reactions
I have a .45 XM(m) and five mags, never had an issue with any of them. My wife's XD(m) is a compact so the factory "extender" mag can be a bit buggy, but the regular compact mags work with no issues.

Reactions
I have seen a few complaints and from what I can tell all have been attributed to grip issues or ammo. I got mine 2 weeks ago and put 100 rounds through it right of the bat, had an issue with ammo(results to follow), then shot a few different brands through it. Over all it is a very nice shooting gun, I did not find the recoil bad at all and was quite pleased, especially for a compact in a 45. So ammo results...

First 5o rounds were RWS (given to me to try)
Second 50 were Independence
then 25 rnds Remington, federal,

RWS had 10% failure - 3 FTL and 2 FTF (had potential to be discouraging)
Next was Independence ran through a dirty bore, all 50 rounds were flawless!!
cleaned gun and then ran Remington and Federal through. both were perfect..

My opinion you cant go wrong with this gun, it was very reliable and accurate. This is now my main conceal gun. I did just buy Pearce grip extensions for my 5 rnd mags. Advice.. shoot only good quality ammo and practice, practice.

Reactions
Well, If gun mags are anything like gaming mags then reviews are mostly bought and paid for so I never give a thought about them. What I like to hear is the input from the owners.

Reactions
Less recoil then my G27 love mine. 400+ flawless rounds. But if the 40 SW didn't bother me ..most wont.:)

UPCOMING EVENTS

22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Professional business
    This business has been my go to transfer dealer for years. Best you can find in Washington County
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
Top Bottom