JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The stuff you're trying to sell smells WAY to bad to put on guns, frank.

Hey Rixxer, How you been ? Yep your right and cant beat the smell of that Hobbes #9 oil, and Totally right, the stuff is way to stinky, gross, vile, disgusting, Its understandable that grease manufactures add perfume and Dye to make grease more appealing to the senses,

As far as trying to sell, sell a bit here and there, But glad to hear from you

Frank

Frog Lube. Reviews on Amazon:

8 of 8 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Stuff Works (and Smells Good), March 2, 2011
By
Peter - See all my reviews
This review is from: FROGLUBE CLP Lubricant Kit - 4oz Paste and 4oz Liquid (Misc.)
Started using this on all my guns following recommendation of guys at the Sig Sauer Academy. Very pleased so far. After a few applications, powder residue and other gun just wipes off easily when cleaning. Using too much oil can gum up a firearm. Not this stuff. I like the idea of an all-in one CLP and this smells good and is, they say, 100% food grade and non-toxic. Pretty much all I use now.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

7 of 7 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars The Best., May 12, 2011
By
Me (Tx) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FROGLUBE CLP Lubricant Kit - 4oz Paste and 4oz Liquid (Misc.)
If you depend on your weapons to keep you and yours alive, and are thus hesitant to try this "Frog Lube" gimmick, don't be. Before buying it, I looked everywhere I could on the evil internet for anything negative about Frog Lube, and could not find anything at all. I bought it, used it, and love it. It works better than Rem-Oil, Hoppes, or whatever else. Cleans, protects, lubes, its like all those stupid miracle product info-mercials, but this one works. Applied to a Remington 870 Tactical, that was a little gunked, and bounced around in a trunk most of the day. Its now clean, smooth, and all around wonderful again. I did not buy my Frog Lube from Amazon, but the kit I bought had both liquid and paste forms, as well as a little brush for application. Completely disassembled the 870, treated as per the instructions (use the sun to warm up the parts, its easier), and "snicked" her back together. Smells like wintergreen mint. I'll be treating my Glock soon.

Apparently, it really was created by a SEAL with a knack for chemistry, it really does what it says (which is kick ***), and it's really made in the USA. If its good enough for Tier 1, it's good enough for, well, everyone else.

Other than on the lugs of my bolt action rifles I don't use any grease on my guns. Where else would you use grease other than on stainless lugs to prevent galling?

I use gun oil but never so much that it would freely run anywhere. I only put a few drops on a patch and after I oil a gun down I always run a cotton cloth over it to remove the excess. I've yet to find anything that protects steel better than Eezox. I certainly wouldn't use anything out of the transaxle of a vehicle, that's for sure. There will be all sorts of microscopic metal suspended in that kind grease.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top