JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All,

I moved to the Seattle area not too long ago and had to leave all my guns with my family back Idaho because I do not have any form of gun safe of my own, and since i tend to live in Apartments in the Seattle area, its a bit complicated to deal with a gun safe until I find one thats easy to transport that can store a few rifles and pistols that is secure and not to easy to steal. (Wife is worried about guns being stolen and used)

Anyways, I am going to be inheriting a really nice WWII era Colt M1911 (my favorite pistol in the world) and I did not want to leave that in Idaho, because I want to start teaching my wife to shoot 9mm, and then eventually work her up to the 45. But to do that, I need a place to store the gun temporarily.

So my question for you all is, what are some good places in Seattle where i may be able to rent storage? I know West Coast Armory does, but its in the Bellevue area fairly south near factoria, and I was hoping for something in or closer to seattle, or even more north of seattle.

Or, if anyone knows of a good Gun Safe that is not too heavy, I need something secure but not something that I have to worry about being on set beams so that it does not damage or warp floors of my apartment if i live in upper floors.

Look at Zanotti Safes. I don't have one, but have heard good things. They are modular, come in panels that get assembled together. This would probably be your best bet for an apartment.

Look at Zanotti Safes. I don't have one, but have heard good things. They are modular, come in panels that get assembled together. This would probably be your best bet for an apartment.

Any idea where I can get one? Checking online and can't really find a retailer that sells them.

I have a <broken link removed> under my desk
For each of my vehicles, <broken link removed>
A <broken link removed> for in the apartment

My only pproblem with the closet cabinet is it seems to easy to break into based on that image, it seems like a bunch of thin metal. Zanottis looks nice because it looks like its fairly thick, and at 350 pounds, not so light that it can just be packed up and carried away.

I am more worried about losing my items than keeping children safe (I have no children) so I want something they wont just pick up and walk away with, and something fairly durable.

@ costco and various online stores there are smaller square safes that are around 2-300lbs and they fit an Broken down AR or AK with folding stock nicely. Its also square enough to fit in a vehicle if need be
(van, jeep, SUV)
I think its a Winchester Safe
About $250-300 fir sale (or it was) at costco.. They carry them about twice a year (in store) at the hillsboro one.

I like the smaller square safes better than the taller ones that are in the same weight class because there is less leverage for the would be thief to get it out of there, especially if its loaded with gear.

And itll fit under a taller size desk.
Out of sight means it may not be as likely to be stolen either.

Thanks for the information all. I am mainly looking for one with rifles. I am going to be bringing back a .22, a 270, and 7mm rifle back from my parents place to here in Seattle, plus I plan to pick up a couple of AR-15s as well (16 and 20 variant) so I need a rifle one.

I will check out costco some time this weekend.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top