JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
'He was allowed to drive away alive': White motorist armed with a GUN is filmed driving slowly through crowd of protesters in Charlotte
  • It is illegal to openly carry a gun at a protest or civil disorder in the state
White motorist armed with a GUN is filmed at protest in Charlotte

When do you need a firearm, when there is a protest or civil disorder!

Daily Mail said:
'White dude drives into crowd of peaceful protesters, draws gun, allowed to drive away alive. With my own eyes. #CharlotteProtest,'

Daily Mail said:
Writer Heather Head, who saw the incident, said it was unlawful to arrive at a peaceful protest with a gun
GettyImages-609480564-1024x683.jpg protester-shot-charlotte.jpg charlotte-280x175.jpg charlotte-riot-i-85-looing-burning-400x250.jpg

Where were these "peaceful protesters" they are talking about?

I don't think this guy or his buddies expected to end up in the middle of those idiots, at least they made it out.

Ray

Allowed to drive alive?

Allowed by who?

The protesters? :rolleyes:
Good questions.

Which begs this question: Why was he there in the first place?
Just driving through and got caught up in it?
Looking for trouble?
Or did it even happen? Was there a "White guy with a gun?"
( the reason I ask is 'cause I'm on a dinosaur of a computer and most videos won't play)

A better question is: Why should one group be able to allow someone to live?
Andy

Last Edited:
Angry violent mob? Time to gun up, methinks.
I might have kept the gun inside the car but still visible rather than waving it around on the outside. Too easy for someone to grab out of his hand. On the other hand (no pun intended), he did manage to drive away with both self and car unscathed, so what the hell do I know?

White people get more of a pass when it comes to these things.
You know it's true. There is a YouTube video of an experiment where they send out a white guy open carrying with no problem the cops let him go after stopping by for a friendly chat. A week later they send a black guy to do the same thing in the same jurisdiction and 5 cops have his face sucking cement within minutes. Yeah, there is a double standard and maybe it isn't fair, but I'm a white guy so I'm not so upset about it. (Yeah, I'm a horrible person.) Not assuming on sight that I'm a perp is about all the "White privilege" I have left these days.

It's hard to say what he was doing there.

Anymore, it would seem rather stupid to drive into a known area of violent unrest like that unless you had a really good reason to be there - protecting your property, going to get someone in danger out of the area, but just going to see what is happening is not a valid reason.

My guess is they (there were more than one person in the car) were looking for a confrontation. Also, from multiple angles (tactical, legal, etc.), it would seem unwise to have your hand with a gun in it, hanging outside the car like that.

That said, if I had to go through such an area, I would go armed.

I believe the law forbidding firearms in those circumstances was probably meant for the people participating in the protest, not someone who happened to be passing through.

I might have kept the gun inside the car but still visible rather than waving it around on the outside. Too easy for someone to grab out of his hand. On the other hand (no pun intended), he did manage to drive away with both self and car unscathed, so what the hell do I know?

You know it's true. There is a YouTube video of an experiment where they send out a white guy open carrying with no problem the cops let him go after stopping by for a friendly chat. A week later they send a black guy to do the same thing in the same jurisdiction and 5 cops have his face sucking cement within minutes. Yeah, there is a double standard and maybe it isn't fair, but I'm a white guy so I'm not so upset about it. (Yeah, I'm a horrible person.) Not assuming on sight that I'm a perp is about all the "White privilege" I have left these days.

Do you know if there were any 911 calls made to report a man with a gun? And if any, what was reported? They didn't really handcuff the male. Outside of the number of officers, the contact seemed to be handled in a low key way. The black male is just sanding there, apparently having a conversation with the officers. Couldn't hear much on the video. Watched the facebook video, but there was a lot of out of focus footage.

Try carrying a "ALL LIVES MATTER" into a crowd of black folks protesters or not and see how far your "White Privlige" gets you. Double standards all over the place and it has gotten worse over the last 8 years. Maybe it was inherited from the Bush administration, seems like every other problem is in that category.

Good deal, that he forced those idiots out of his way!

Really good deal, that the idiot with the gun didn't harm anyone!

My conclusion? Idiocy! :(

but I'm a white guy so I'm not so upset about it.

I'm a white guy, and I am upset about it. You think such treatment will never get applied to white guys? That's not the way it works. Almost all gun laws in the US started as "no guns for negroes". Or immigrants, as in New York.

Those guys, especially the black guy, have some stones. I'm glad there is some pushback, even if I wouldn't do it myself.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top