JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking about this the other night while writing up a letter for our various law makers in office. But I couldn't quite put into words just what I wanted to say about it.. So I wanted to turn to you guys and get your opinions and thoughts about it.

What do you think? for or against, and your reasoning would help me greatly.

With regard to police officers, we face the exact same threats they do, and have to deal with those threats for some time before the first 911 call even gets placed, let alone before the first officer arrives on the scene.

So any argument that the police need them and we don't falls flat on its face. On the other hand, if they wanted to argue that your regular police don't in fact need these tools and shouldn't be exempt, we may disagree with that but they are at least being logically consistent.

Chris nailed it.
Plus, after 911 has been called, the police have some idea of what they are confronting.
They have backup.
They have superior communications.
They are allowed to deploy a gun and body armor at the same time.

We don't have any of those toys, and often face the same threats.

Police and military should have nothing that we as peaceable citizens cannot own. OK, I probably would exempt serious WMD based on common sense and difficulty of handling. The Founders intended we were to be armed on par with both of the above, for freedom

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top