JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
^^^

The point is that he feels that he should NOT have to get an extra permit or an enhanced permit from any state and that they should honor his permit from MT in those states that do NOT honor MT permits from the gitgo.

That is HIS decision not mine but I do agree with him.

He has had his permit for a long, long time. (I think since they first came out with them or pretty soon after the fact. I am a remarried widow to him so I can't name the exact date.) He has been shooting since he was a kid. Competed for a long time even if he does not compete now. Shoots year round in bad weather too. Snow, ice, etc. Passes his renewal easily - clean record. Received his original permit pretty fast too. Worked with federal, state and local officials with a high security check background for all of his working life shy of some HS and college time jobs. He continues to renew his permit.

We the People should have Constitutional Carry and be done with it.

The more that gun owners continue to play the SALAMI GAME when it comes to x, y and z permits from all of these OTHER states who refuse to honor other states permits from the gitgo - the more the game of greed made by anti gun politicos and other control freaks will continue.

Screw them and the horse that they rode in on! My words not his.

BOTH of us feel that we should NOT have to ask the Nanny State for permission to exercise the RKBA issue when it comes to conceal/open carry even though we OBEY the gun laws of this country.

Cate
I agree with not having to ask a Nanny State for permission to exercise a constitutional right. My point was not to disagree on what permits should be required but only to suggest options. I agree that the fact that the 2A says that the right to keep and BEAR arms shall not be infringed should be the end of the discussion. Given that the original purpose was to allow the citizenry to resist a tyrannical government, arms that we have the the right to keep and bear should not only include those needed for self defense but should include cannons, machineguns and other weapons of war needed to defeat a tyrannical government. The question that I would like to pose is: Is the NFA unconstitutional because it taxes an enumerated right?
Have a great day.

I agree with not having to ask a Nanny State for permission to exercise a constitutional right. My point was not to disagree on what permits should be required but only to suggest options. I agree that the fact that the 2A says that the right to keep and BEAR arms shall not be infringed should be the end of the discussion. Given that the original purpose was to allow the citizenry to resist a tyrannical government, arms that we have the the right to keep and bear should not only include those needed for self defense but should include cannons, machineguns and other weapons of war needed to defeat a tyrannical government. The question that I would like to pose is: Is the NFA unconstitutional because it taxes an enumerated right?
Have a great day.

Since you asked a question...

I believe that the National Firearms Act infringes upon our rights with all of their added laws and added taxes.

It is unconstitutional in my opinion.

I believe that ALL other gun/knife laws that have been added on to the Federal, state and local governments law books (Over 20,000 or more now?) go against the original INTENT of the Second Amendment.

I believe that arms mean guns, knives, pitchforks, cannons, swords, machine guns, etc.

I personally do NOT believe in biological and chemical warfare so I would take that out of the Second Amendment issue. I know that many people do not believe as I do but I am being open here.

I believe that our Founding Fathers would weep if they saw what has happened to this country too. EDITED by Catherine.

I still believe that if a criminal or insane person is too DANGEROUS to walk on a public sidewalk that he or she should be kept away from society and locked up!

I believe that an insane OR a low iq person should be held to the same standards as any other murderer IF the insane or low iq person committed a murder. NO exceptions!

I know that ticks off many people but I do believe that even though the LAW comes up with other ideas when it comes to insanity pleas and LOW iq plea deals for murderers.

Have a nice Sunday.

Cate

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR