JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
MODLY
You sound as if you don't travel much, which might be hindering your desire for a change in laws.

The bill, if passed by the Federal government, would not grant the Feds anything. They get no oversight into the process, they don't hand out the permits, and they won't tell states (ok, just Illinois) that do not permit carry that they have to. It just creates a system in which states that do allow people to carry must allow non residents the same privilege when they visit.

Yes, this might create precedence in which other state laws carry over (ie; gay marriage or medical marijuana), but who cares? Those are civil rights issues as well, and we can't just stop at a point when they no longer reflect gun owner interests.

Actually I do travel a bit but found between Idaho and Washington I am covered in almost as many states as a Utah permit. Or at least covered in the states I travel to or through.

The bill, if passed by the Federal government, would not grant the Feds anything. They get no oversight into the process, they don't hand out the permits, and they won't tell states (ok, just Illinois) that do not permit carry that they have to. It just creates a system in which states that do allow people to carry must allow non residents the same privilege when they visit.

So in other words it takes away the states’ rights and forces them to accept another states permit even if that state does not require any training or maybe the same background check. By your own admission you are saying the feds are forcing their will on the states and the states don’t have a choice and that is my problem. You have now given the feds more control and once they have it they will abuse it. The next step is since all the states have difference methods of doing checks and training then maybe the feds should come up with standardized set of rules and then eventually take total control.

You guys need to relax a bit as times are changing to the better I am sorry it is not as fast as you like. This is how I know, less than 20 years ago in the state of Idaho you had to go to each and every county to get a permit that was only good in that one county and it was up to the local sheriff weather you got it or not. Now Idaho is a state wide permit and accepts all permits. Idaho is also a canceled weapon permit not a canceled pistol permit meaning we can carry shotguns, rifle, swords and anything else we can own legally and can conceal. This is way many states do not accept Idaho’s permit as those state only allow hand guns.

So give it time and work on your state laws it will change if not Move. But keep the feds out of it I do not want them telling Idaho what we have to do it should be up to the people in Idaho.

I still can't understand why people get a Ut. cc permit instead of an az. permit covers almost the same states but doesn't need a special $100 class

I cannot believe you are compairing a constitutionally protected RIGHT to licensed prostitution. Do you have a clue what WA state Constitution, Article 1 Section 24 even says? Oh, that right, you live in Olympia...
The discussion was about FF&C and concealed carry laws.

As for Olympia, this area has a disproportionately high concentration of concealed carry, even within Washington state, which ranks in about the top 5 in the country.

Try to keep up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads