JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If SHTF, then your emergency weapon should be easily accessible, like your daily concealed carry weapon. And if i wanted to stash one, id put one in a lockbox under a floor board or crawspace,your vehicle... not all the way at the bank.
thats part of being prepared, having what you need on hand, not having to go somewhere to gather things when its too late...

I was thinking as if my house burned down and the car was still in the garage.

Correct, and since I don't know how, when, where, how fast, that may happen, I would prefer to hedge my bets.

So have you figurd out how to get into the bank when it closes? The last depression they closed the banks and the bankers drilled the boxes. Security means they keep people out, even you.

jj

Been watching too many movies, guys?

This is not Bourne Identity! Can't get there from here!

Good post, to get the old noggin' workin', but the answer would have to be a definitive, No! Got Tionico going though.:s0114:

I like the floor boards in the car.:s0159:

Very handy idea for robbing the bank, sort of an inside job.
I can't believe it isn't illegal to put firearms into safe deposit boxes, in that case you could actually end up with a non imaginary governement seizure of your weapon plus lawyer fees.
It seems many of us are so well prepared for the end that we actually have a vested interest in it!

Back a truck through the wall.

:s0112::s0112::s0112: I bet if that really worked it would be used now:s0112: In my younger days I help build the Bank of the Northwest including the vault. Better get a bigger rig if you think you are going to get in there. Actually I think you should leave your gun in the bank, the entertainment watching you try to get it back would be a pay to view :D

jj

:s0112::s0112::s0112: I bet if that really worked it would be used now:s0112: In my younger days I help build the Bank of the Northwest including the vault. Better get a bigger rig if you think you are going to get in there. Actually I think you should leave your gun in the bank, the entertainment watching you try to get it back would be a pay to view :D

jj

I was going to say shoot a hole in the wall with my machine gun, like in cartoons.

You know, where it is a silhouette of a person.:s0114:

:s0112::s0112: I can just see your bank during a SHTF and they close. Pile of broken automobiles around it :s0112::s0112: Opps I ruined my bugout vehicle getting my gun from the bank :s0112::s0112:

Say maybe you should let me hold a gun for you just in case:D I will feed it and keep it warm for you LOL

jim

having one stashed at the bank may come in handy. It's easy to sit around and think of a million situations where it wouldn't do any good...BUT there may come a time when having that one stashed could be beneficial...sure it isn't so good if it's the ONLY contingency plan, but as one aspect of a more comprehensive strategy it ain't bad.....

The idea of hedging your bets is never a bad plan. Most of us have back-ups for our back-ups. If it was your only gun other than the one you carry, then its probably not a bad idea. But if you carry a 1911 and train with a 1911 and have several, putting a broken in RIA or SA Milspec into a bank box with some other insurance items is a reasonable thought. You may not be able to access it, but then again, you may. Based on the excellent observations and thought put forth so far, I came up with the following thoughts.

1. Make it a gun you've trained with, are familiar with, and have broken in. No sense in learning a new system under stress. No need to try to break in a gun under fire.

2. Make it a gun you wouldn't mind losing. All of us would mind losing guns, but mind less if a RIA 1911 got confiscated rather than a custom Colt 1911.

3. Store other important things in the box as well. ID documents, cash, other useful items.

4. Do not publicize to the bank what you are doing and stay current on your payments. Its legal, but its still none of their dang business. And don't give them any more of an excuse to open your box and confiscate its contents.

5. Further hedge your bets. Back up your back-up. Burying a gun elsewhere or have a lock-box elsewhere. The more options the better.

6. If you are concerned about the political scene enough to stash a gun, get involved in efforts to change things. Join the NRA, write your congressman, get a CCW, get a hunting license. Just do something. Its not time for armed revolution, but its time to tell our leaders that we want our rights and are prepared to put our money and votes where they will do us good.

Just my $.02

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads