JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a Crossbreed LDS 2.0 holster for my G19 and noticed there seems to be a lot of open space around the trigger/trigger guard. I own several other Crossbreed holsters, as well as holsters from other manufacturers, and none of them have anywhere near this amount of space around the trigger area. I don't have huge fingers, but I'm actually able to stick my finger in there and pull the trigger. It isn't easy, but it's possible, and if I can get my finger in there then other items/objects can get in there.

Anyway, am I being paranoid, or is this something I should try to remedy with Crossbreed?

20201125_230033.jpg 20201125_225957.jpg 20201125_230257.jpg

Holsters made for light-equipped pistols usually have this issue. The opening must be sufficiently large for the light to enter the holster. The light is larger than the trigger guard, so either the holster material must have elasticity or there will be a gap.

For this reason I use smaller lights like the XC-1 on pistols that will get holstered. It leaves almost no gap because it is almost the same width as the trigger guard.

Holsters made for light-equipped pistols usually have this issue. The opening must be sufficiently large for the light to enter the holster. The light is larger than the trigger guard, so either the holster material must have elasticity or there will be a gap.

For this reason I use smaller lights like the XC-1 on pistols that will get holstered. It leaves almost no gap because it is almost the same width as the trigger guard.
I do realize that the opening has to be a bit larger, but I have a Vedder light tuck for this exact same gun/light combo (G19/TLR-7) and it completely covers the trigger guard. I even had a holster for this gun and a TLR-1, which is much wider than a TLR-7, and that covered it up completely. Just seems like a LOT of space.

I can see that it might have been possible for the kydex to extend closer to the front edge of the grip. That would help cover the gap, but might interfere with obtaining a firing grip during the draw. Can you post photos of the holster that does not have this gap?

20201126_075333-01.jpeg

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck and as you can see from the photo there is a slight gap near the rear of the trigger gaurd. With a round in the chamber the trigger safety tab extends forward enough that this isn't an issue, however in your case with that much play, I would return it for another holster. If you're concerned enough to post about it that should be impetus enough to replace it.

I had a cheaper Galco holster before this one I carried for years of the same design where the trigger gaurd was completely and thoroughly ensconced in the holster kydex. IMHO this is how it should be with a round in the chamber.

I recently purchased a Crossbreed LDS 2.0 holster for my G19 and noticed there seems to be a lot of open space around the trigger/trigger guard. I own several other Crossbreed holsters, as well as holsters from other manufacturers, and none of them have anywhere near this amount of space around the trigger area. I don't have huge fingers, but I'm actually able to stick my finger in there and pull the trigger. It isn't easy, but it's possible, and if I can get my finger in there then other items/objects can get in there.

Anyway, am I being paranoid, or is this something I should try to remedy with Crossbreed?

View attachment 783038 View attachment 783039 View attachment 783040
It's an inside the waistband holster! Might want to re assess your draw stroke!

seems faulty to me. I would be paranoid too.

Seems to me that they could (should) have made the length of the holster taller. IMHO, Guns without manual safeties demand a holster function as one. I see it as in effect a manual safety that is more easily disengaged so to speak. The kind of work I do and hiking/hunting would be unacceptable to have a holster like that where a twig or demolition debris could enter against the trigger. One might say this spitting hairs, but if one can split a hair then one may as well!

Seems to me that they could (should) have made the length of the holster taller. IMHO, Guns without manual safeties demand a holster function as one. I see it as in effect a manual safety that is more easily disengaged so to speak. The kind of work I do and hiking/hunting would be unacceptable to have a holster like that where a twig or demolition debris could enter against the trigger. One might say this spitting hairs, but if one can split a hair then one may as well!
I agree. Even though the chance is likely very small, I don't want to risk something getting stuck in there and causing an accidental discharge. If this was just something that comes with light-bearing holsters and we have to live with it then fine, but there are other light-bearing holster options that completely cover the trigger/trigger guard.

Anyway, I reached out to Crossbreed Seconds (where I purchased this from) last night. They normally don't accept returns since these "seconds" are returns from the normal Crossbreed site, but they offered to accept my return. Crossbreed has always provided excellent customer service, and Crossbreed Seconds has been no different. I love their products, but they just didn't get this one quite right.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top