JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes. I am adding this to the list of safety rules, just let 'em drop, they will be OK with a scratch or dent and can be fixed...you can't be fixed as easily.
Dropped loaded guns many times I never try to catch them. A most important basic safety rule than many don't know.

Thanks for posting I think when any one has this happen it should be posted on here. Any one who handles a firearm frequently will eventually have that oh s$*t moment and have their life or someone close to thems life flash before them and have your hear drop.
I was in a trailer with some friends outside fooling around when I was trying to unload a pump .22 whe. I was 21 or so and for some reason was was do it pumping it and letting the hammer down (dumbarrrse) when it shot. Heart dropped immediatly ran outside and made sure friends were intact.
Complacency kills faster than ignorance. God favorss the stupid and punishes the cocky.

Keeping stories like these fresh in your mind could keep you and yours safer.

It's a natural reflex to try and catch something when accidentally knocking it off a surface or losing control while handling. Having been in the electronics industry the message "let the soldering iron drop" gets repeated all the time to my employees and myself. I will be adding one more "Let it fall" to my list.
Thanks for passing this one on. Glad you are all right.
On a side note it is interesting how well we retain information, when a shot of adrenaline is added and your heart feels like it skips a beat.

We all have had mishaps of one kind or another with firearms if you've been around them long enough. If someone tells me they haven't I know one of two things immediately, they are either full of BS, or they haven't been around them long. It will happen sooner or later, pray for a good outcome when it occurs, because sooner or later it will. Thank you for posting what happened, it's an eye opener and I applaud you for sharing.

I appreciate the OP's use of the word "layered;" think suspenders and a belt when it comes to safety.

When something really bad happens - not just gun tragedies - you can generally find a whole sequence of dominoes that had to fall in just the wrong way before disaster struck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top