JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!
The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!

I trust the NRA to be my scout and spokesmen on these issues. Support the NRA if you like guns and the right to own and use them!!!

Is that the same NRA that penned and supported the 1934 NFA?

If you had the rights all along, why did we need Heller and McDonald ? :) The fact you owned a used a gun until 2008, doesn't mean you were legally protected. Yes, some State Constitutions also had 2A, but that would only extend to the State governments.

I would turn that around and say that Heller and McDonald re-affirmed the right's I already had!
We're on the same side here!!!
I just don't believe that any treaty within the U.N. is going to affect our 2nd amendment right's anytime soon.
Now although the USA leads the world in gun ownership per capita, There are a lot of other countries that have substantial gun ownership also,( Number of guns per capita by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )that I just don't think will sign on to this. Is this a back door ploy to erode our rights as gun owners? Maybe, but I don't feel this is going to go anywhere.

I would turn that around and say that Heller and McDonald re-affirmed the right's I already had!

Only if you take a philosophical approach. From the judicial standpoint there were two problems :

1) Many state courts didn't recognize 2A as individual right, thus some gun control law challenges failed
2) Some state courts did not recognize 2A as applicable to the states, thus some other challenges failed

Basically it was this situation:

Neo: You can't scare me with this Gestapo crap. I know my rights. I want my phone call.
Agent Smith: Tell me, Mr. Anderson... what good is a phone call... if you're unable to speak?

Found a citation on the matter :

Although plaintiffs assert the AWCA fails to satisfy even the rational basis
test, they contend it should be reviewed under the "intermediate or even strict
scrutiny standards of legal review" because "portions of the [AWCA] touch upon
[an] express fundamental constitutional right." This fundamental right plaintiffs
locate in article 1, section 1 of the California Constitution, which provides: "All
people are by nature free and independent and have inalienable rights. Among
these are enjoying and defending life and liberty, acquiring, possessing, and
protecting property, and pursuing and obtaining safety, happiness, and privacy."
If plaintiffs are implying that a right to bear arms is one of the rights recognized in
the California Constitution's declaration of rights, they are simply wrong. No
mention is made in it of a right to bear arms. (See In re Rameriz (1924) 193 Cal.
633, 651 ["The constitution of this state contains no provision on the subject."].)
Moreover, "t is long since settled in this state that regulation of firearms is a
proper police function." (Galvan v. Superior Court (1969) 70 Cal.2d 851, 866.)
We reject any suggestion that the regulations at issue here impermissibly infringe
upon the right to defend life or protect property guaranteed by the California
Constitution.

http://www.joebrower.com/RKBA/RKBA_FILES/LAW/S069522.PDF

and that's despite the fact :

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION
ARTICLE 3 STATE OF CALIFORNIA

SEC. 1. The State of California is an inseparable part of the
United States of America, and the United States Constitution is the
supreme law of the land.

<broken link removed>

You took my line! It's true though as some of it just landed on my head.

Ya there has never been any out of control gun control legislation in our american history, nevermind false alarm. I dont know how true the original post is. But you can bet that the libs would love to ban guns and all they really need is liberal supreme court judges, and guess who appoints them

Look how many Obama has appointed just since he was elected if he gets another 4 yrs, kennedy is 81 yrs old scalia is in his late 70's or early 80's they want to retire he only needs 1 more lib judge it's all down hill from there
but they won't go after our 2nd ammend no they want happy happy happy loli pops for all fluffy bears and toys for everyone.
look at how obama tried to influence the vote by supreme court ie: obamacare so tell me again hes going to bypass the second ammend your living in a dream world

Look how many Obama has appointed just since he was elected if he gets another 4 yrs, kennedy is 81 yrs old scalia is in his late 70's or early 80's they want to retire he only needs 1 more lib judge it's all down hill from there
but they won't go after our 2nd ammend no they want happy happy happy loli pops for all fluffy bears and toys for everyone.
world

So what's your vision, what possible impact can the liberal court have on 2A ?

look at how obama tried to influence the vote by supreme court ie: obamacare so tell me again hes going to bypass the second ammend your living in a dream world
mabye you should read my entire original post we belive the same thing bud or mabye if you sound out the words out loud and my post will make sence to you

The supreme court consists of human beings that each have their own ideas about what the text in the constitution really means. Do you think that if Elena Kagan got to make the decisions all by herself, that she would uphold the idea that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right, and not a right of the government? There are 9 justices currently serving, and they each get a say in the decision of the court. If there were 5 Elena Kagans on the court, how do you think Heller would have gone? (hint: those who live in Washington DC wouldn't have the "right" to be armed for self defense) Sure, there would still be a second amendment even with a liberal supreme court, but the official interpretation of the second amendment could easily mean something different than most of us would like it to mean. That change wouldn't happen over night, but it wouldn't take long for us to be like Australia.

A small arms treaty recently required that all nations enact strict import/export rules for any firearms related items and anything over $100 US in the states requires the sender to have a federal export lisc

State of the art camoflage nets and much other surplus items have been banned from international trade and that is why you are not seeing any for sale now

As to bigger militia items APCs and tanks are now either given to police depts or taken out on a barge over deep water with hatches removed and literally driven off to their doom

State of The Art Cammo-Nets?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads