JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anybody who tries to grab my guns better be ready for an acute case of lead poisoning. That being said, I would be surprised if this treaty puts those wheels in motion. After a decent amount of research, I believe the story in the original post is mostly false. Fox News actually had a decent article on it

Proposed U.N. Treaty To Regulate Global Firearms Trade Raising Concerns For U.S. Gun Makers | Fox News

I wouldn't call the OP false, just unlikely. Although not impossible. And another step in the wrong direction, in my personal opinion.

Excerpts from Proposed U.N. Treaty To Regulate Global Firearms Trade Raising Concerns For U.S. Gun Makers | Fox News

There is no secret treaty that Hillary Clinton has signed," Mason said. "But on the other hand, the treaty is a significant threat to gun owners."

The vague wording leaves room for interpretation, and a U.N. representative for a major U.S. gun manufacturer who spoke to FoxNews.com on the condition of anonymity told FoxNews.com that he believed it left room for the ISU to declare the registration of all American-made guns to prevent illegal exportation.

"Does this mean it's going to impose some international gun registration scheme? That could happen here, under the treaty," said the gun manufacturer representative.
Daniel Prins, chief of the Conventional Arms Branch for the U.N.'s Office for Disarmament Affairs (ODA) told FoxNews.com that no provisions have been finalized.

"All the issues remain on the table," said Prins.

Other gun control supporters who attended the U.N. conference say that American gun owners have nothing to worry about.

"People within the U.S. should not be worried about it unless they sell arms internationally," Collin Goddard, of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, told FoxNews.com. "The whole treaty is to prevent countries from selling guns to other countries that have gross violations of human rights."

The gun manufacturer representative said his client doesn't buy that. "It's pretty clear that it's going to impose major new administrative burdens."

An especially costly potential regulation discussed at the conference last month would require gun makers to engrave sequential tracings on every one of some 3 billion bullets produced in the U.S. each year.

And that, he said, would make guns more expensive for everyone.

"Manufacturers would have to pass on the cost to civilian customers." Another controversial part of the treaty draft establishes a compensation fund for victims of gun violence, which would transfer money from countries that export weapons to countries that had suffered gun violence.

The NRA is confident that the treaty will not be ratified in the U.S.

"The U.N. can pass it if they want it," NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam told FoxNews.com.

"But for it to have domestic effect, it needs to pass us senate by a two-thirds vote -- and clearly that will not happen in this make up of the U.S. senate, regardless of what the administration does."

What they would like to do, and what the can do are two totally different things...Overturning the second amendment of the Constitution is a bit much for even the most liberal of Supreme Court justices...

Heller was 5/4.. the 4 voted to end the 2nd amendment..

I have no need to validate the legitimacy of the post, all I need to do is consider a few facts:

There are *millions* upon *millions* of firearms in the US.
The logistics of collecting said millions of firearms would be daunting, to say the least
Nearly every gun owner I know would become an "insurgent" and any/all UN smurfs that came to looking for their guns would find them, sure enough, business end pointed straight at their puff blue helmets.

Last Edited:
The reason dealios like this get traction is because, like a good joke, there is a bit of truth. That 'truth' is knowing the lefts leaders desire to criple our 2A rights. In other words, it might not be true but I wouldnt put it past them.
Even a slight compromise to the UN's anti 2A ideals is worth getting worked up about. Boiling frogs and all that.
That being said, I think the release is a fraud. But I do expect an attempt at 2A damaging legislation from this POTUS at some point before he is done.

Not to get off topic, but I would love to see you provide some of my previous posts that paint me as "Obama lovin."

I dont need to post all of them here all people have to do is look for themselves. There are many were you try and defend him and that cant be denied. Also just to make my point who did you vote for and who will you vote for. I dont think you will admit it , i know i sure wouldnt

Nearly every gun owner I know would become an "insurgent" and any/all UN smurfs that came to looking for their guns would find them, sure enough, business end pointed straight at their puff blue helmets.

Yes, because that's what UN does - goes to places wearing blue helmets :D Here is one thing to remember :

Top 10 Member States in assessment for the UN regular budget, 2005
Assessment rates/amount
Country (per cent) ($millions)
United States 22.00 362.7
Japan 19.47 279.6
Germany 8.66 124.4
United Kingdom 6.13 88.0
France 6.03 86.6
Italy 4.89 70.2
Canada 2.81 40.4
Spain 2.52 36.2
China 2.05 29.5
Mexico 1.88 27.0

Basically we pay most of their budget, and we ignore them most of the time :)

I dont need to post all of them here all people have to do is look for themselves. There are many were you try and defend him and that cant be denied. Also just to make my point who did you vote for and who will you vote for. I dont think you will admit it , i know i sure wouldnt

I would love to see you directly reference just a couple.

Yes, because that's what UN does - goes to places wearing blue helmets :D Here is one thing to remember :

Top 10 Member States in assessment for the UN regular budget, 2005
Assessment rates/amount
Country (per cent) ($millions)
United States 22.00 362.7
Japan 19.47 279.6
Germany 8.66 124.4
United Kingdom 6.13 88.0
France 6.03 86.6
Italy 4.89 70.2
Canada 2.81 40.4
Spain 2.52 36.2
China 2.05 29.5
Mexico 1.88 27.0

Basically we pay most of their budget, and we ignore them most of the time :)

Yeah, no accounting for taste: we provide over 1 Billion a year in aid to Pakistan! :rolleyes:

DJM

Or how about this one :

The U.S. federal government spent over $15 billion dollars in 2010 on the War on Drugs, at a rate of about $500 per second. :D

Yup, even worse! Makes me so much happier paying my horrendous tax know it is going to good use! :rolleyes:

I would love to see you directly reference just a couple.

Typical...blame Obama. I don't remember Bush and the republicans doing anything to get you a bigger toaster the whole time they had complete control of the government. * * * * * *.You do realize that story does not quote Obama at all. It does not even quote an official saying Obama supports it. It just cites a statement made regarding a proposal to reduce incentives for companies that ship jobs overseas. Yeah, that is horrible. Removing tax breaks and payouts to companies that avoid taxes by shipping jobs overseas. *.... * * * * * * * * * *Where do idiots keep coming up with this "nothing to loose" nonsense. The same argument was made about Bush and how if he got a second term he would have "nothing to loose" and would do away with citizens rights, put people in concentration camps, etc. Politicians are still controlled by their party. This isn't a single game scenario. The parties are thinking several administrations ahead. They do not care who currently holds the torch as much as they do who will hold it next

Plus, politicians never have "nothing to loose." They have to keep the right people happy so they can get their six figure speaking gigs, their seven figure consulting jobs, and their other promised perks after they leave office. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * I am afraid what you just said does not jive with the demonized version of the uber-liberal Obama that the far right media has portrayed. Therefore, I have to dismiss you without acknowledging the accuracy of your statement. Obama was put in power for one reason IMHO. That reason was to be a scapegoat for decades of failed policy. The main factor of this failed policy being deregulation that started under Reagan and continued through Clinton and Bush. Deregulation was a means for the wealthy and the powerful to gain unfair advantages and create artificial and unsustainable profits. When it inevitably came crashing down they could not have their regular cronies from either side taking the blame so along comes Obama to be the scapegoat. How else do you explain his meteor like rise to power. * * * * * * * * Please elaborate how Obama is against your best interests in anyway more than any other established politician. Plus, what you said is you would vote for anyone put forth to run against Obama. That indicates you would blindly ignore their positions as long as they were in opposition to Obama.* Here are some put i got sick of reading your nonsense

Typical...blame Obama. I don't remember Bush and the republicans doing anything to get you a bigger toaster the whole time they had complete control of the government. * * * * * *.You do realize that story does not quote Obama at all. It does not even quote an official saying Obama supports it. It just cites a statement made regarding a proposal to reduce incentives for companies that ship jobs overseas. Yeah, that is horrible. Removing tax breaks and payouts to companies that avoid taxes by shipping jobs overseas. *.... * * * * * * * * * *Where do idiots keep coming up with this "nothing to loose" nonsense. The same argument was made about Bush and how if he got a second term he would have "nothing to loose" and would do away with citizens rights, put people in concentration camps, etc. Politicians are still controlled by their party. This isn't a single game scenario. The parties are thinking several administrations ahead. They do not care who currently holds the torch as much as they do who will hold it next

Plus, politicians never have "nothing to loose." They have to keep the right people happy so they can get their six figure speaking gigs, their seven figure consulting jobs, and their other promised perks after they leave office. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * I am afraid what you just said does not jive with the demonized version of the uber-liberal Obama that the far right media has portrayed. Therefore, I have to dismiss you without acknowledging the accuracy of your statement. Obama was put in power for one reason IMHO. That reason was to be a scapegoat for decades of failed policy. The main factor of this failed policy being deregulation that started under Reagan and continued through Clinton and Bush. Deregulation was a means for the wealthy and the powerful to gain unfair advantages and create artificial and unsustainable profits. When it inevitably came crashing down they could not have their regular cronies from either side taking the blame so along comes Obama to be the scapegoat. How else do you explain his meteor like rise to power. * * * * * * * * Please elaborate how Obama is against your best interests in anyway more than any other established politician. Plus, what you said is you would vote for anyone put forth to run against Obama. That indicates you would blindly ignore their positions as long as they were in opposition to Obama.* Here are some put i got sick of reading your nonsense

The fact that you can even pretend to see anything "Obama lovin" in a fair look at the corrupt nature of all politics shows your distinct lack of sincerity. You have no true interest in facts. You just want your own biases supported. You, and people like you, are the biggest problem this country faces.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top