JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dont listen to playboy he is a obama loving lib just look at his previous posts

If you don't mind, I'd like to come over to your place to verify you don't have a copy of Communist Manifesto under your mattress. Usually the person who is guilty accuses everyone else with most the energy :D

No, I didn't miss it. If I understand you right, you're just saying that cited sources don't disqualify the OP as a valid information. But I was wondering if you have something to support the OP, other than the abstract logic.
You just hit the nail on the head. This false argument that all sides deserve equal analysis is a way to avoid proof of incredulous claims or false information. Instead of proving a point they try to sully the topic by miring rational thought down in endless circles of research. That way people who do not do the research will walk away thinking there are two valid and opposing sides when there is just one valid side and one incredulous claim.

No, I didn't miss it. If I understand you right, you're just saying that cited sources don't disqualify the OP as a valid information. But I was wondering if you have something to support the OP, other than the abstract logic.

Nope, I didn't have anything to comment on the OP. If I had, I would have to begin with. I was just surfing through like everyone else and saw PlayboyPenguin claiming that it's false because snopes says so, and felt like giving my two cents on being sure to verify with other sources besides snopes before crapping on someone's thread.

Nope, I didn't have anything to comment on the OP. If I had, I would have to begin with. I was just surfing through like everyone else and saw PlayboyPenguin claiming that it's false because snopes says so, and felt like giving my two cents on being sure to verify with other sources besides snopes before crapping on someone's thread.

You know, there's plenty of real evidence to show that the ruling regime is intent on destroying what's left of 2A and their criminal machinations have gotten at least one person killed (i.e. Gunrunner), so why bother defending the obviously false story that OP posted? Doing so is a waste of time at best, and at worst you give 2A proponents a bad name.

Its obnoxious when people post these mass emails which are being forwarded around to stir fear and emotion against this political party or that politician. Why doesn't someone post up the USA today 2A poll from 5 years ago again.......or maybe even come up with a new load of bubblegum to email around and have posted all over the forums for years to come.

:bsflag:

Regardless of what the UN or even the government try to do, I don't think they could ever take away the guns from Americans, even if they wanted to. There are too many guns out in circulation- there's no way to track them all down and find them. There's no room in prisons for the hundreds of thousands of people they would have to incarcerate for weapons possession, and the firearms industry produces WAY too much money to ever pass legislation to ban the sale or production of firearms. The last reason I believe this to be completely bogus is that all politicians want, more than anything else, to be reelected. With more than 77 million firearms owners in the US, they will NEVER be able to take away our guns entirely, all they may be able to do is restrict the sale of certain types of guns, but even that will prove difficult because the last major gun restriction bill (the Brady bill) has been shown to be an abject failure- it didn't reduce crime 1 iota, which is also borne out by the fact that now that people are free to buy assault weapons and high cap magazines, crime has not increased, even in desperate economic times. The US simply will not be able to imprison 1 out of every 4 adults (the appx #of gun owners in the US) Relax- this "threat" is rhetoric and hyperbole, and not real based on the simple logistics of it.

:s0131: :nuts:

Ya there has never been any out of control gun control legislation in our american history, nevermind false alarm. I dont know how true the original post is. But you can bet that the libs would love to ban guns and all they really need is liberal supreme court judges, and guess who appoints them

What they would like to do, and what the can do are two totally different things...Overturning the second amendment of the Constitution is a bit much for even the most liberal of Supreme Court justices...

Ya there has never been any out of control gun control legislation in our american history, nevermind false alarm. I dont know how true the original post is. But you can bet that the libs would love to ban guns and all they really need is liberal supreme court judges, and guess who appoints them

First of all, you need to realize that SCOTUS is unlikely to rule against its own decision. So even if the balance of the court changes, they will not ban guns. They might uphold certain regulations, such as May-Issue in California, or No-Issue in Illinois, assuming such cases are presented to them, and they decide to take them. Second, next justices to retire are likely to be two liberal justices, thus likely the balance of the court will not get affected during next 4 years even if Obama gets re-elected.

Anybody who tries to grab my guns better be ready for an acute case of lead poisoning. That being said, I would be surprised if this treaty puts those wheels in motion. After a decent amount of research, I believe the story in the original post is mostly false. Fox News actually had a decent article on it

Proposed U.N. Treaty To Regulate Global Firearms Trade Raising Concerns For U.S. Gun Makers | Fox News

In your research, look at all sides, look at their sources, and make in informed decision. Whether you're far left or far right, if you only look for the answer you want, that's all you will find. (I'm going to put that in a really big fortune cookie.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top