JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can someone point me to the legality (or not) of giving a gun as a gift. This would be from a WA resident to a WA resident - the assumption being the recipient would qualify for a CCP.
Any Federal or State law reference would be a plus.
Thanks
Hendo

It's totally legal to buy someone a gift gun, as long as they are not a felon, or on drugs, or insane. So what are you getting me for X-mas???

Perfectly legal, it would just be that you are the one doing the BG check, if you didnt want to worry about having the gun purchase associated with your name, you can simply give the recipient the money for the gun, and they can go buy it.

Thanks - that's a good start. Any idea of Fed or state law reference?

Huntspotter - what would be your ideal gun gift?
Sounds like a great idea for a new thread - assuming Santa has an FFL.
Hendo

Thanks - that's a good start. Any idea of Fed or state law reference?

Huntspotter - what would be your ideal gun gift?
Sounds like a great idea for a new thread - assuming Santa has an FFL.
Hendo

Anything .45acp, or .308.
One year my wife got me an Eotech, that was the best christmas ever.

I have been looking all over for a Browning Buckmark .22 w/UDX grip for my girlfriend and I finally bought one at Cabela's in Lacy with the walnut grip.

I reckon it's good for Xmas, birthday, anniversary - and anything else I can get credit for.:s0155:

Go to any dealer that sells firearms and ask to see the BATFE form that is mandatory for gun sales in America. You will read that it is pefectly legal to purchase a firearm as a gift, as long as the intended person is not prohibited from buying a gun for himself. To purchase a firearm for a "prohibited" person is worth 10 years in a Federal prison! This is called a "Strawman Sale!"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top