JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Came across this application on another forum I frequent. The reviews are pretty awesome. :s0114:

Basically a southern California professor thinks it's a good idea to map gun owners on a smart phone application. Anybody want to write a review ?

<broken link removed>

You should have included a Coffee Warning ...

"I almost wasn't going to download this app because I live in Chicago, which has the best gun laws in the country meaning nobody around here would ever own a gun. I did anyway on a lark, and yesterday a guy jumped out of the dark with what I can only assume was a high capacity Assault Glockamatic with armor piercing clipazines. I quickly pulled out my phone and threatened to tag him with this app. He then saw my Hillary 2016 sticker and Flying Spaghetti Monster tattoo and embraced the glory of the Progressive Way, threw down his Fully Slaughtermatic Bushmaster AR-47 Childkiller and pledged his allegiance to Obama and Biden. Thanks, Gun Geo Marker!
"

You should have included a Coffee Warning ...

"I almost wasn't going to download this app because I live in Chicago, which has the best gun laws in the country meaning nobody around here would ever own a gun. I did anyway on a lark, and yesterday a guy jumped out of the dark with what I can only assume was a high capacity Assault Glockamatic with armor piercing clipazines. I quickly pulled out my phone and threatened to tag him with this app. He then saw my Hillary 2016 sticker and Flying Spaghetti Monster tattoo and embraced the glory of the Progressive Way, threw down his Fully Slaughtermatic Bushmaster AR-47 Childkiller and pledged his allegiance to Obama and Biden. Thanks, Gun Geo Marker!
"

That one made me LOL man. There are some great ones in there. Even the 5 star reviews are jokes.

On a serious note, hard to believe someone would think this is a good idea. Talk about targeted theft, among other things. My review asked him if he could imagine doing this to another group of people practicing a lawful activity.

Religious, sexual orientation, political affiliation, etc.

On a side note the WA side of the columbia is free of guns ! ;)

I have a couple of thoughts. I don't think it will be that popular. If gets more popular, just to mark a lot of things so the data becomes diluted garbage. Libraries and portable toilets come to mind.

I'm guessing most of the things added to it will be jokes, people wanting to hurt the data quality, or people seeking revenge.

One big spot over D.C., tag it all......what gov't buildings have full time armed security? Just courthouses and jails? And how many celebrities and gov't representatives have we seen with armed security? Tag 'em all!!!

EDIT: Anybody here who could code an app to tag gun-free zones, and home-owners who don't agree with firearm ownership? Is that malicious? ;)

Android Reviewer "speedofix" said:
LA - July 8, 2013 - Version 1.0
Thank you, you made my cartel boss very happy!
My name is Jorge Luis Juan Gonzaga and I am an enforcer for Los Burros Muertes, a Mexican drug cartel based in Tijuana BC. Since the unfortunate events of last year when our largest firearms supplier Mr. Attorney General Eric Holder was investigated by the US Congress regarding the joint business venture we had with his representatives from BATF, our supply of US made AK47 and AR15 rifles kind of dried up. You may have heard about this in the media under the name "Fast & Furious". It was a hit that seriously affected our capacity to procure illegal guns from America and the fact that Pres. Obama was himself under suspicion to have been the one who masterminded the entire operation didn't helped either - in particular after he used the power of his office to stop the Congress from subpoenaing documents related to the communications between his advisers and the BATF officials involved in Fast & Furious. As you can imagine we were desperately looking for an alternative source of firearms to replace the ones supplied until last year by Mr. Attorney General Holder. This is when I found this wonderful app. Now I can locate gringo gun owners and steal their guns. Muchas gracias!

Hilarious.

One big spot over D.C., tag it all......what gov't buildings have full time armed security? Just courthouses and jails? And how many celebrities and gov't representatives have we seen with armed security? Tag 'em all!!!

EDIT: Anybody here who could code an app to tag gun-free zones, and home-owners who don't agree with firearm ownership? Is that malicious? ;)

I could. I have been looking for a reason to write an Android app. Have to see if I get the time and energy though.

Try it. You can tag random locations with random strings of profanity in complete anonymity. I'm tagging all sorts spots just to clog up the map.

Cool. Might be in the neighborhood of some Ceasefire offices in the coming weeks. I'll make sure to tag them. Best reason I can think of to go around them.

I'm also travelling for work next week. I'll be sure to tag places with some family friendly phrases.

Cool. Might be in the neighborhood of some Ceasefire offices in the coming weeks. I'll make sure to tag them. Best reason I can think of to go around them.

I'm also travelling for work next week. I'll be sure to tag places with some family friendly phrases.

The downside is that you can only tag once every 24 hrs....

people need to tag everything they can until it is useless and nobody takes it seriously.

I emailed them to tell them how much I love their app and got this response:

"But we are sorry to inform, this is an unmonitored email box. If you
have questions about any of our projects, please refer to contact
information at the walkingtools website, or call (225) 267-7346."

I'ma download this app and troll with it hahahahah. I'm gonna mark the police department, the SS office, the IRS building downtown aaaaaaahahahahahah I'm gonna have fun with this app for sure. Someone mark the white house with the app on their phone... that be the best.

I was thinking that if we each mark our entire neighborhood, it might keep unwanted people (including criminals with smartlhones) out of our area, for fear of all the dangerous guns in the area. ;-)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top