Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun Geo Marker - Android Application to " map " unsafe gun owners.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by duane black, Jul 10, 2013.

1. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

RicInOR and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

They really should drug-test all public employees, especially "professors".. and have a locating app for convicted drug abusers.

3. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You should have included a Coffee Warning ...

"I almost wasn't going to download this app because I live in Chicago, which has the best gun laws in the country meaning nobody around here would ever own a gun. I did anyway on a lark, and yesterday a guy jumped out of the dark with what I can only assume was a high capacity Assault Glockamatic with armor piercing clipazines. I quickly pulled out my phone and threatened to tag him with this app. He then saw my Hillary 2016 sticker and Flying Spaghetti Monster tattoo and embraced the glory of the Progressive Way, threw down his Fully Slaughtermatic Bushmaster AR-47 Childkiller and pledged his allegiance to Obama and Biden. Thanks, Gun Geo Marker!
    "

4. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

That one made me LOL man. There are some great ones in there. Even the 5 star reviews are jokes.

On a serious note, hard to believe someone would think this is a good idea. Talk about targeted theft, among other things. My review asked him if he could imagine doing this to another group of people practicing a lawful activity.

Religious, sexual orientation, political affiliation, etc.

On a side note the WA side of the columbia is free of guns ! ;)

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I have a couple of thoughts. I don't think it will be that popular. If gets more popular, just to mark a lot of things so the data becomes diluted garbage. Libraries and portable toilets come to mind.

I'm guessing most of the things added to it will be jokes, people wanting to hurt the data quality, or people seeking revenge.

6. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

7. jdubl

jdubl Oregon Member

One big spot over D.C., tag it all......what gov't buildings have full time armed security? Just courthouses and jails? And how many celebrities and gov't representatives have we seen with armed security? Tag 'em all!!!

EDIT: Anybody here who could code an app to tag gun-free zones, and home-owners who don't agree with firearm ownership? Is that malicious? ;)

8. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Hilarious.

9. drew

I could. I have been looking for a reason to write an Android app. Have to see if I get the time and energy though.

10. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm presuming that to the professor one becomes an unsafe gun owner by possessing a gun.

11. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

12. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Try it. You can tag random locations with random strings of profanity in complete anonymity. I'm tagging all sorts spots just to clog up the map.

13. drew

Cool. Might be in the neighborhood of some Ceasefire offices in the coming weeks. I'll make sure to tag them. Best reason I can think of to go around them.

I'm also travelling for work next week. I'll be sure to tag places with some family friendly phrases.

duane black and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

The downside is that you can only tag once every 24 hrs....

15. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

TAG DHS, Justice Dept and the Whitehouse for sure. Oh yes and the IRS.

16. Gaucho Gringo

Gaucho Gringo Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

They need an app to pinpoint all non gun owners. The criminals would greatly appreciate knowing where they could do all kinds of criminal acts without the danger of getting shot.

17. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

people need to tag everything they can until it is useless and nobody takes it seriously.

I emailed them to tell them how much I love their app and got this response:

"But we are sorry to inform, this is an unmonitored email box. If you
    have questions about any of our projects, please refer to contact
    information at the walkingtools website, or call (225) 267-7346."

18. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Walkingtools? Ha, that's rich.. what a buncha tools.

19. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I'ma download this app and troll with it hahahahah. I'm gonna mark the police department, the SS office, the IRS building downtown aaaaaaahahahahahah I'm gonna have fun with this app for sure. Someone mark the white house with the app on their phone... that be the best.

20. Skier

Skier Beaverton/Washington County Active Member

I was thinking that if we each mark our entire neighborhood, it might keep unwanted people (including criminals with smartlhones) out of our area, for fear of all the dangerous guns in the area. ;-)