JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is wrong with that guys mouth/lips? He looks cracked lol. I like his reviews and other vids but I think he could use a nap or a drink or something...

Corrected sign:

gunfreezone.jpg

One thing he said that some personal defense teachers disagree with is the idea of jumping in to confront violence towards others who are not related or otherwise "On the list".

One instructor taught that he won't interfere unless his own life or the lives of his family are at stake. I understand what he was talking about, maybe one is stepping into a situation where the "shooter" is an undercover cop, or some other situation that we cannot begin to anticipate but in which it's the "good guy" with the gun.

He also raised the idea that I am the "provider" for my family, and as such I have no right to put my life (And their futures) in danger. That danger could include lawsuits that deprive them of their comfort and sustenance.

I don't have children, I have a wife though, and much as I want to be there for her I feel that defending a stranger is an extension of the Golden rule. If it were me who is attacked by some whack job, and I'm not armed, I sure hope someone steps up and ends the threat.

To me if someone is armed but is determined to not help a stranger they are no good to me at all, they might as well just be another sheep. That is good for the goose and the gander.

So, that's my take on that argument.

I'm looking forward to my local shops 'Free Gun Zone." :)
Seriously,
A gun free zone? Whats the point?? Its just a 'whittling' away at our rights, one grain of salt at a time.

One thing he said that some personal defense teachers disagree with is the idea of jumping in to confront violence towards others who are not related or otherwise "On the list".

One instructor taught that he won't interfere unless his own life or the lives of his family are at stake. I understand what he was talking about, maybe one is stepping into a situation where the "shooter" is an undercover cop, or some other situation that we cannot begin to anticipate but in which it's the "good guy" with the gun.

He also raised the idea that I am the "provider" for my family, and as such I have no right to put my life (And their futures) in danger. That danger could include lawsuits that deprive them of their comfort and sustenance.

I don't have children, I have a wife though, and much as I want to be there for her I feel that defending a stranger is an extension of the Golden rule. If it were me who is attacked by some whack job, and I'm not armed, I sure hope someone steps up and ends the threat.

To me if someone is armed but is determined to not help a stranger they are no good to me at all, they might as well just be another sheep. That is good for the goose and the gander.

So, that's my take on that argument.

I too would like to have someone save my life if I was in a deadly situation and could not defend myself. If at all possible I would want to ask questions........ ARE YOU A POLICE OFFICER? if so..... LET ME SEE ID..... but sometimes you don't even have one second and you have to react. If I got to see an innocent person get killed and I could have done something about it, man that would stay with me for the rest of my life. I just hope to never be in that situation.

I'm looking forward to my local shops 'Free Gun Zone." :)
Seriously,
A gun free zone? Whats the point?? Its just a 'whittling' away at our rights, one grain of salt at a time.

I would have no choice but to have the "NOT ILLEGAL UNLESS I GET CAUGHT" attitude in GUN FREE ZONES...... that's just me. Who would stand up and take blame if i was gunned down (because I couldn't legally carry my firearm) in a GUN FREE ZONE? the bad guy would be held responsible.......... and no one else.... and that would be BS. The idiots that made and passed the laws would have to be held responsible also, but as we all know that would NEVER happen. We have all these gun laws but it seems like everyday there is more armed rubberies and shootings..... I'm sorry but whoever believes in gun control laws....... THEY ARE AN IDIOT.
Now would it make since to make police stations GUN FREE ZONES?..... should the troops fighting the war in the middle east be in GUN FREE ZONES?....... now does that make any since? does that sound like a safe idea? HECK NO...... not to me......NUTS. :nuts:

the only thing I see gun free zones doing is preventing responsible concealed carrying citizens from preventing a deadly situation from happening. A sign is not going to register in the mind of a criminal with the intent to harm someone. Unless your going to post LEO's in those gun free zones, then the sign is pointless as far as stopping a crazed gunman and the like. It seems to just serve the purpose of putting a sense of false security in people.

just my two cents

One more case of liberals showing that they haven't got a clue about how things work, It's so idiotic, "No guns!", who is going to obey? Criminals? So, the simple obvious truth is that making a law like that only disarms the law abiding.

Yep, just a little common sense is needed.

I went into a gun shop in West Portland once, sign said "No loaded weapons allowed" something like that, I walked in carrying anyway, I know, it's their private property, and they have a right to say who does what on their property. Rock and a hard place, I'm bad I guess. And I guess I'm not welcome there anymore. :D

I must say....... even with LEOs around........... I still don't trust it. I am responsible for my own life. The cop could be at one end and the crime is taking place at the other end. I depend on ME and only ME........ not police, not government...... we know how the government feels about us......... so there you go. That is my 4 cents lol

You are wrong. The goverment cares about you. Well at least the taxes you pay. Now who would pick up the slack if you were not there to pay your taxes. How selfish of you.
So these gun free zones, are they like the drug free zones that work so well?lol.

I must say....... even with LEOs around........... I still don't trust it. I am responsible for my own life. The cop could be at one end and the crime is taking place at the other end. I depend on ME and only ME........ not police, not government...... we know how the government feels about us......... so there you go. That is my 4 cents lol

You are wrong. The goverment cares about you. Well at least the taxes you pay. Now who would pick up the slack if you were not there to pay your taxes. How selfish of you.
So these gun free zones, are they like the drug free zones that work so well?lol.
:s0114: :s0112: you are so right.......... how silly of me.... lol

Who would stand up and take blame if i was gunned down (because I couldn't legally carry my firearm) in a GUN FREE ZONE? the bad guy would be held responsible.......... and no one else.

No sir. "Guns" would be held responsible, as usual. The bad guy is always a "victim" of some kind.

Hey, isn't Fort Hood a "gun free zone"? seems I read that the soldiers, except during fire training, must trot about the base unarmed.

Sure helped out those folk who got shot and killed or wounded, didnn't it?

Most "gun free zones" are only such for the law abiding..... and the most anyone can do is ask you to leave, or take your weapon off their property, or face trespassing charges. Sure, I'll take my custom, and my money, elsewhere. Of course, the flunkey making the demand does not care.... no skin off HIS back. Now, if a pile of people decided to quit patronising businesses and malls that have those signs, and TELL THEM WHY, maybe they;d begin to get the message.

I wonder how much less damage the Tacoma Mall shooter of a few years back could have got were there a handful of armed and skilled "Joe Schmoes" happened to be shopping at the mall just then. Or even whether the possibility of armed citizens roaming about the mall perhaps deterring anyone bent on mayhem.... thinking twice. Hey, maybe someone will shoot ME before I can accomplish what I want to... hmmm.. bad idea. Maybe another way....

bottom line, the mall rentacops, nor the real tacoma cops, were able to stop him before damage was done. HE ignored the Gun Free Zone signs, didn't he? No deterrent whatever. Duhhhh......

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top