JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Police in Wyoming say nobody was hurt when a small gun that was inside a girl's purse fired while she was in a Cheyenne Starbucks.

The bullet went through a chair and into a wall and narrowly missed several customers.

Police say the mishap occurred while officers were at the coffee shop around 7 a.m. Monday. They found a gunshot hole in the purse and a small, Derringer-type, double-barrel .38 Special inside.

Authorities say the girl is under age 18 and didn't release her name. She was cited for underage possession of a firearm.

The Wyoming Tribune Eagle ( <broken link removed> ) reported that the girl's father had given her the gun and encouraged her to carry it for her protection. According to police records, she hasn't had any formal firearms training.

Oh boy, just what we need. More "ammo" for the gun grabbers!
Too young to legally own a gun
No training
At a Starbucks too, sure hope they realize it's an accident and don't change their rules on carry inside the stores.

Oh boy, just what we need. More "ammo" for the gun grabbers!
Too young to legally own a gun
No training
At a Starbucks too, sure hope they realize it's an accident and don't change their rules on carry inside the stores.

as always with the liberal bunch,they will convict a whole nation for one persons mistake.

Nobody finds it odd that this happened not long after Starbucks asked not to get involved in the gun debate and were allowing OCers into their stores? With all the press and current debate about it, it seems really unusual for this one in a million thing to happen now.

Maybe it's just being paranoid. :)

Tangent, I really hope you're not meaning to say that Starbucks staged this in order to seem reasonable in banning guns from their stores. No disrespect intended, but the idea that a big name company would endanger customers to achieve such a petty goal seems a bit tinfoil hat to me. The risk/reward factor is just way too high there.

As a side note, I hate how the news outlets stated "According to police records, she hasn't had any formal firearms training." As if FORMAL training should be a necessity to even think of using a gun.

Maybe I'm becoming a little crazy myself, but it seems to me that this is how major misconceptions about gun ownership and use come about; the media thumps an absurd and untrue idea around a bunch via inference, and suddenly this idea is so common-place that it's become something that most people believe is actually a law.

Case-in-point: My uncle told me the other day, "I'd love to have a gun, but I don't have license to own one yet." This, and about half a year ago I had to convince my friend that he didn't need a concealed weapons license to carry an unloaded rifle in his trunk.

Sorry if all this seems like I'm just lamenting and ranting. It's been a long day.

my first thought was not a starbucks plot but rather a brady campaign plot to ban guns in starbucks,it does sound staged but who knows,i dont put anything past an anti-gun group or democrats.

my first thought was not a starbucks plot but rather a brady campaign plot to ban guns in starbucks,it does sound staged but who knows,i dont put anything past an anti-gun group or democrats.

I agree with this 99% first thing i thought when i read the OP . Maybe not specifically the brady campaign but a anti 2nd amendment right person or group (same thing)

Tangent, I really hope you're not meaning to say that Starbucks staged this in order to seem reasonable in banning guns from their stores. No disrespect intended, but the idea that a big name company would endanger customers to achieve such a petty goal seems a bit tinfoil hat to me. The risk/reward factor is just way too high there.

As a side note, I hate how the news outlets stated "According to police records, she hasn't had any formal firearms training." As if FORMAL training should be a necessity to even think of using a gun.

Maybe I'm becoming a little crazy myself, but it seems to me that this is how major misconceptions about gun ownership and use come about; the media thumps an absurd and untrue idea around a bunch via inference, and suddenly this idea is so common-place that it's become something that most people believe is actually a law.

Case-in-point: My uncle told me the other day, "I'd love to have a gun, but I don't have license to own one yet." This, and about half a year ago I had to convince my friend that he didn't need a concealed weapons license to carry an unloaded rifle in his trunk.

Sorry if all this seems like I'm just lamenting and ranting. It's been a long day.

No, I'm suggesting that some anti-gunner did it to weaken the standing of the OCers. Starbucks wasn't going to ban OC so they decided to take it upon themselves to show how "unsafe and dangerous" guns are.

Authorities say the girl is under age 18 and didn't release her name. She was cited for underage possession of a firearm.

the girl's father had given her the gun and encouraged her to carry it for her protection. According to police records, she hasn't had any formal firearms training.

Two stupid things here. Giving an underaged person a firearm and whether it's formal or informal training, not teaching her to have a pistol in a secure holster to keep the trigger from moving while inside her purse. Her father should be cited for being an idiot.

Conspiracy theories abound but the one your are most likely to believe is the furthest from the truth. I shouldn't be saying anything here, as very few of you have the mind capable of wrapping itself around what I'm about tell you: She shot and killed something in the store that day. Police have cordoned off the building and my sources obtained unscrambled radio records indicating "the package" and the girl were taken into military custody for questioning. Without further information, I cannot say if she's one of us... or a bounty hunter from another solar system. They're out there and we have to keep up the good fight. This is bigger than Liberal, Brady or Democrat. It's bigger than Earth. Wake up you fools.

Conspiracy theories abound but the one your are most likely to believe is the furthest from the truth. I shouldn't be saying anything here, as very few of you have the mind capable of wrapping itself around what I'm about tell you: She shot and killed something in the store that day. Police have cordoned off the building and my sources obtained unscrambled radio records indicating "the package" and the girl were taken into military custody for questioning. Without further information, I cannot say if she's one of us... or a bounty hunter from another solar system. They're out there and we have to keep up the good fight. This is bigger than Liberal, Brady or Democrat. It's bigger than Earth. Wake up you fools.

so you're saying an alien?....she shot an alien and the military took her into custody?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top