JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there a away to contact a distributor to located a particular firearm? Wondering if there's a more efficient way to try to find a specific firearm than to call around to all the retail shops. It seems that there should be a better way. Any ideas?

All the ones I know won't talk to you as a Non-Dealer. Calling the manufacturer won't exactly give you the answer that you want to hear, either. This year is going to be really bad for steady information from any supplier. I have been a buyer for quite a few yaers and this year is going to be crazy. Ruger and a few other manufacturers have already stopped taking orders for a 2012 delivery date.

Spadkarma is right, I have been a dealer for a couple of years and have been frustrated many times on trying to get an ETA on certain guns. The manufactures wont say a time frame because they are overwelmed with trying to get all the models out to the distributors/wholesale warehouses. When I call my distributors/warehouses they cant give me a estimate either because they cant get one from the manufacture. This is especially a pain in my !!!!! trying to aquire guns/rifles that are new models that everyone see's in the magazines etc. Just like Spadkarma stated, Ruger has halted all orders due to an overwelming backorder and I heard Remington is talking about pulling out of New York its firearm plant/custom shop due to The State of New York wants some the Ammo makers to somehow register each round with the serial numbe of the gun. Maybe this is rumor but its also getting more difficult to aquire ammo now a days.

That seems to be the sentiment out my way as well. In fact, after all the reviews on the SR1911, I couldn't even find one to hold in my hand before purchasing. I rolled the dice and ordered one - got it almost 4 months later. I'm finding myself in the same situation with the Savage 111 Lightweight hunter. Tons of excellent reviews on the net and in magazines....but there are NONE to be found in my area on the shelves. I've been told by a dealer that he could get one into his shop within 4 days. but without picking one up and fondling it, there's no way I'm going to blindly order one gambling that it will fit me. Extremely frustrating. Was hoping to find one soon so I can start working up loads for hunting this fall, but I'm starting to lose faith.

Spadkarma is right, I have been a dealer for a couple of years and have been frustrated many times on trying to get an ETA on certain guns. The manufactures wont say a time frame because they are overwelmed with trying to get all the models out to the distributors/wholesale warehouses. When I call my distributors/warehouses they cant give me a estimate either because they cant get one from the manufacture. This is especially a pain in my !!!!! trying to aquire guns/rifles that are new models that everyone see's in the magazines etc. Just like Spadkarma stated, Ruger has halted all orders due to an overwelming backorder and I heard Remington is talking about pulling out of New York its firearm plant/custom shop due to The State of New York wants some the Ammo makers to somehow register each round with the serial numbe of the gun. Maybe this is rumor but its also getting more difficult to aquire ammo now a days.

Davidsons dont always have them in stock nor are they the cheapest either. I can have the same gun (savage) in my inventory but I dont to keep my prices down. There are way to many models to keep on hand, Thats why I have customers go to the big stores and find what they want and then come back. Yeah its a pain not being able to try one on for size before you order something with a big ticket price.

Davidsons/Gun genie and Buds usually have good selection. Davidsons dealers are all set up on their site so easy to go.... But for all this "this gun is impossible to find"- how hard are you looking???

Honestly if you want the Savage- GO TO BIMART!! This seems to be one of the guns they usually hands down have the best prices on. Or Walmart and get the Stevens (same gun minus accutrigger essentially). Savage 111's I think I see instock at every store I go to, should be no problem finding one!

Buds does normally have them in stock with free shipping (cash Price) only. I have wholesale places that are way cheaper than Davidsons/Buds/Bimart that I buy from for my business.

I've seen those prices as well..... But again more often than not Bimart has the best price on those and they're in stock/on hand. What you buy them for really has no big barring on conversation as we're talking street prices here.

But if you'll post some ads in the classifieds with these prices beating Bimart on the above I'm sure you'll have lots of sales here!

I have been talking to Uberti and their importers/distributors about several western replicas I want that are a little hard to find, especially for a fair price.. as long as you represent yourself as the retail buyer and that you know will have to go through an FFL I have found them helpful

This is not a pissing match here. I m not going to post everything that Bi-Mart has as I have better things to do.

Not pissing man, re-read. The discussion here isn't dealer cost though- if you want to provide some value to the thread great, but posting I get wholesale cost less than xyz doesn't do a whole lot. Sorry for trying to offer a hand in getting some business since that's pretty apparent why jumped in. best of luck man, I'm heading to the market

All I am saying is trying to get a ETA from whomever has not been any luck of mine. Im not on here to brag about me vs XYZ it was just a point saying even from a dealer its hard to get an eta let alone the general public.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top