JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That mentality is like a Human Centipede. (Google that)..

One person just feeds off of the sheyt of the person before them and so on and so on. The centipede is long and so by the time the last person gets their fill... There is no substance left, just crap.

God bless Jeff Cooper, of course.
Coined the term "Hoplophobe". He was a very smart and observant man.
They can't be reasoned with whatsoever.
You can, however, master and carry a defensive handgun.

So my in--laws asked a long long time friend to move to their ranch in our area she is transplant from the bay area of California and a hard core Democrat, now why she picked one of the most conservative places in Oregon to live is beyond me and my in-laws are very far right so that makes for interesting dinners. So we went to the ranch for Thanskgiving and went out a few days after as well as many family members from all over came. Now this lady that moved here is not family and is older maybe in her mid 60's.

So I was talking with my father in law about some gun laws that are proposed and the conversation tipped her interest, at first I thought or good maybe can make some headway with a liberal. So I was describing here we do not carry because we have to we do so because we can, I said just like carrying a cell phone and my wallet its a package deal its just what we do and no one panics. She said but thats not safe so I asked why? She said it should not be legal to carry a gun because criminals and gang bangers carry them.
If you could only see the stupid look I am having trying to figure WTF she just said. She jumped from me not carry because I can to only criminals and gang banger carry guns. I then after recovering from my stroke asked well if Criminals and gang bangers are carrying guns don't you think regular law abiding should be able to protect themselves from those kinda people ? She said well thats what police are for. I said well what will you do if they break in your house she said I just grab my bat. I said you are going to let an armed criminal or gang banger come in your house and you think a bat will deter them? She said well if the gun laws were tougher the criminals wouldnt be able to get guns.( my brain hurt at this point )
I then asked the captain obvious question well how do you think criminals and gang bangers get firearms? She said they get them from people that buy them and then do straw sales and I said not if they have to do a background check to transfer it would lead back to them no one is going to sell a California registered gun to a criminal so are you saying background checks do not work?. And without skipping a beat she said well thats why people should have to have a harder time buying them so they can't carry them. I said you mean the law abiding? And she said no the criminals and gang bangers I said criminals don't buy guns they steal them or buy on the black market. She said yea but if we made it harder to buy guns then they wouldn't be able to get them. What ??? If your head hurts as bad as mine then you understand why Oregon Liberal Antis voted for SB941 and Washington's laws limiting purchases they have no common sense or reasonable sense my dog has more common sense.

Its like they are all deeply brainwashed by the CIA in some sort of state wide or nation wide MKultra mind control. This person is not stupid they worked for shell in their top chemistry areas in California and yet ..............numb to the simple understanding if you take guns away from law abiding then only criminals will have guns.

:s0146::s0146::s0117::s0117:
My head would explode.

I would probably send her a helmet for Christmas.. She obviously needs to wear one 24/7.

This is exactly the reason we should not allow ANY Californians into Oregon . . . Some of them may seem reasonable at first but it is dangerous to let them in. The better course is to keep the few good ones out rather take a chance!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

Tell your in-laws to send her back.

"that's what police are for", yeah, because most of these types are big fans of cops and have a good understanding of their response time.

I had a similar conversation with a family friend a long time ago when they were over at my parents house for dinner. I felt mentally exhausted afterwards. As the old saying goes...you can't fix stupid!

yeah, great idea!! call the cops while your wifes being raped and your kids are being kidnapped... you'll be murdered with your own bat before dispatch picks the phone up.

it takes a special person to be that dumb.

Tell your in-laws to send her back.
"that's what police are for", yeah, because most of these types are big fans of cops and have a good understanding of their response time.

Ya know they are way regretting the hey lets be nice and invite our friend here plan.
I know allot in California and even those that own firearms should ride the short bus.
A ex-military family member is very pro-gun from California but uneducated in any laws.
I told him my son picked up an AK-47 and he said without hesitating how did he get that isnt that illegal I actually was not trying to be a smart bubblegum but my response was to laugh until I realized he was serious and ergo the problem with gun owners as well in California even if they do not think they are influenced they are heavenly influenced by the liberal majority and they do not even realize it. My Father in Law whom is not my wives father and is younger is also a Vet from the 70's and he is about having a stroke with her there if I think I am right wing, he is so far right hes takin flight and having her there is driving him nuts. He also has allot of tinfoil as well.

Why is it you cannot have a "discussion" with a liberal? As soon as you question anything they say, they try to turn it into a shouting match. My favorites are, "Surveys Say", "This or that percentage shows".....:rolleyes: I just ask them, where are you getting your figures, or who did the survey?:p The only thing they usually have to say is they read it "somewhere", or it was on the alphabet news.o_O

Why is it you cannot have a "discussion" with a liberal? As soon as you question anything they say, they try to turn it into a shouting match. My favorites are, "Surveys Say", "This or that percentage shows".....:rolleyes: I just ask them, where are you getting your figures, or who did the survey?:p The only thing they usually have to say is they read it "somewhere", or it was on the alphabet news.o_O

96.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.

The "police will protect you" thing kills me. Its a matter of pure-D amazing luck if you have a unit close enough to stop any kind of attack. More often than not, police and ems arrive in time to pick up the pieces. I just cant fathom why anyone wouldn't want to have every opportunity to survive. How did their genes make it past the ice age?

If you turn the lights on and off real fast while repeating shazbot, shazbot, shazbot they will invariably say, with a monotone/metronomic voice "Must.. Kill.. Freedom!".
Poor retched creatures.

Oh, and my all time favorite...."I know people,(Canadians) who are afraid to go to the States
because you all carry guns." What set this woman off was my making a comment, to her husband, about a new rifle while I was reading a copy of, "American Rifleman." She probably wouldn't have commented if it had been, Mein Kamph or Mao's Little Red Book.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top