JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my in--laws asked a long long time friend to move to their ranch in our area she is transplant from the bay area of California and a hard core Democrat, now why she picked one of the most conservative places in Oregon to live is beyond me and my in-laws are very far right so that makes for interesting dinners. So we went to the ranch for Thanskgiving and went out a few days after as well as many family members from all over came. Now this lady that moved here is not family and is older maybe in her mid 60's.

So I was talking with my father in law about some gun laws that are proposed and the conversation tipped her interest, at first I thought or good maybe can make some headway with a liberal. So I was describing here we do not carry because we have to we do so because we can, I said just like carrying a cell phone and my wallet its a package deal its just what we do and no one panics. She said but thats not safe so I asked why? She said it should not be legal to carry a gun because criminals and gang bangers carry them.
If you could only see the stupid look I am having trying to figure WTF she just said. She jumped from me not carry because I can to only criminals and gang banger carry guns. I then after recovering from my stroke asked well if Criminals and gang bangers are carrying guns don't you think regular law abiding should be able to protect themselves from those kinda people ? She said well thats what police are for. I said well what will you do if they break in your house she said I just grab my bat. I said you are going to let an armed criminal or gang banger come in your house and you think a bat will deter them? She said well if the gun laws were tougher the criminals wouldnt be able to get guns.( my brain hurt at this point )
I then asked the captain obvious question well how do you think criminals and gang bangers get firearms? She said they get them from people that buy them and then do straw sales and I said not if they have to do a background check to transfer it would lead back to them no one is going to sell a California registered gun to a criminal so are you saying background checks do not work?. And without skipping a beat she said well thats why people should have to have a harder time buying them so they can't carry them. I said you mean the law abiding? And she said no the criminals and gang bangers I said criminals don't buy guns they steal them or buy on the black market. She said yea but if we made it harder to buy guns then they wouldn't be able to get them. What ??? If your head hurts as bad as mine then you understand why Oregon Liberal Antis voted for SB941 and Washington's laws limiting purchases they have no common sense or reasonable sense my dog has more common sense.

Its like they are all deeply brainwashed by the CIA in some sort of state wide or nation wide MKultra mind control. This person is not stupid they worked for shell in their top chemistry areas in California and yet ..............numb to the simple understanding if you take guns away from law abiding then only criminals will have guns.

:s0146::s0146::s0117::s0117:

Last edited by a moderator:
What her and other moonbeams fail to comprehend is that you cannot legislate the evil out of this world, you can only send a jhp slug through it when it rears it's ugly head.

Reminds me of the nurse I dated. She was crying when we got back from Yellowstone because all the animals are going extinct. I asked which ones; she said all of them. I ask; like black bears in Oregon? Yes,she says. I googled her some facts and she got pissed. Said it's okay to feel like animals are going extinct and I shouldn't always force things like I was doing. She says "I'm a Psych Nurse and we all think like this".
So sad...people are truly jacked up now days

Last Edited:
And without skipping a beat she said well thats why people should have to have a harder time buying them so they can't carry them.
And you STILL were listening to her at this point? Been there and done this with similar thinking people. I learned LONG ago it ain't worth it attempting to educate these types - not at all - sorry but I read all these 'feel good' attempts to educate the antis and this and that but the reality is IT AINT HAPPENING - let it go and don't waste the time trying.

Last Edited:
Reminds me of the nurse I dated. She was crying when we got back from Yellowstone because all the animals are going extinct. I asked which ones; she said all of them. I ask; like black bears in Oregon? Yes,she says. I goggled her some facts and she got pissed. Said it's okay to feel like animals are going extinct and I shouldn't always force things like I was doing. She says "I'm a Psych Nurse and we all think like this".
So sad...people are truly jacked up now days
My wife is a Psych Nurse and definitely does not think that way, so her statement that they all think like this is wrong. You need to call her on that. It might cause an interesting conversation.

My wife is a Psych Nurse and definitely does not think that way, so her statement that they all think like this is wrong. You need to call her on that. It might cause an interesting conversation.
When she said "we" I assumed it was the other voices in her head. I'm not exaggerating either. She married a Beaverton LEO a while back...maybe shes better now.

I too have given up on talking to or trying to understand the anti-gun / anti-hunting people.
I do however try to reach the middle of the road / fence sitters.
When explaining why I own / carry a gun or hunt, I do my best to give my reasoning in a clear non-threatening manner.
Andy

The best I can offer this thread ... The entire liebral mindset is based solely upon their "intentions" not facts or reasoning. As long as their "intentions" are good [in their opinions] truth be d*mned. For example, if my "intention" is to save the world from firearms any lame brained clap trap that comes outta my mouth is the "truth" because it comes from my "good intentions". It is a form of psychiatric disorder in which someone habitually misrepresents reality..like schizophrenia. Truth, facts, common sense and world reality mean nothing to liebrals as long as their "intentions" are good in their opinion. Ever try to talk a schizophrenic out of their view of reality with facts? Doesn't work. IMHO we are living through the results of at least two generations of certifiably insane schizoid "leadership" all who have convinced one another that their "intentions" are the actual reality of the existing world. Their solutions are the only solutions to bring about world peace, end world hunger, lower the sea levels, legislate common sense gun control, yada, yada, yada, etc. Yeah, let's take on isis with our good intentions. Wait! We are already failing miserably at doing that. Just my .02 worth of commentary. Now, if you will excuse me, I will quietly go put my tin foil hat back on along with my rainbow shades. Pops

I would have given her a bat and me with my gun.
Stand 10 ft apart outside and so GO!
See who wins.

And she can call the cops first to see how well they save her.

I hate how absurdly stupid these people are and how the basic ideas of common sense never enter their fat filled brains.

How do these people not kill themselves in daily activities?!

The crime rates and violent crimes should be enough to change their minds. But they are whole heartedly brain washed by the media and politicians. The two sources you should never believe.

So my in--laws asked a long long time friend to move to their ranch in our area she is transplant from the bay area of California and a hard core Democrat, now why she picked one of the most conservative places in Oregon to live is beyond me and my in-laws are very far right so that makes for interesting dinners. So we went to the ranch for Thanskgiving and went out a few days after as well as many family members from all over came. Now this lady that moved here is not family and is older maybe in her mid 60's.

So I was talking with my father in law about some gun laws that are proposed and the conversation tipped her interest, at first I thought or good maybe can make some headway with a liberal. So I was describing here we do not carry because we have to we do so because we can, I said just like carrying a cell phone and my wallet its a package deal its just what we do and no one panics. She said but thats not safe so I asked why? She said it should not be legal to carry a gun because criminals and gang bangers carry them.
If you could only see the stupid look I am having trying to figure WTF she just said. She jumped from me not carry because I can to only criminals and gang banger carry guns. I then after recovering from my stroke asked well if Criminals and gang bangers are carrying guns don't you think regular law abiding should be able to protect themselves from those kinda people ? She said well thats what police are for. I said well what will you do if they break in your house she said I just grab my bat. I said you are going to let an armed criminal or gang banger come in your house and you think a bat will deter them? She said well if the gun laws were tougher the criminals wouldnt be able to get guns.( my brain hurt at this point )
I then asked the captain obvious question well how do you think criminals and gang bangers get firearms? She said they get them from people that buy them and then do straw sales and I said not if they have to do a background check to transfer it would lead back to them no one is going to sell a California registered gun to a criminal so are you saying background checks do not work?. And without skipping a beat she said well thats why people should have to have a harder time buying them so they can't carry them. I said you mean the law abiding? And she said no the criminals and gang bangers I said criminals don't buy guns they steal them or buy on the black market. She said yea but if we made it harder to buy guns then they wouldn't be able to get them. What ??? If your head hurts as bad as mine then you understand why Oregon Liberal Antis voted for SB941 and Washington's laws limiting purchases they have no common sense or reasonable sense my dog has more common sense.

Its like they are all deeply brainwashed by the CIA in some sort of state wide or nation wide MKultra mind control. This person is not stupid they worked for shell in their top chemistry areas in California and yet ..............numb to the simple understanding if you take guns away from law abiding then only criminals will have guns.

:s0146::s0146::s0117::s0117:

Aaaaaaaand they vote! :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews