JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can somebody with a legal background explain to me how "Voter ID" laws are "unconstitutional" yet "gun control" is "constitutional"?

If the states haven't the authority to institute laws that regulate a person's ability to vote, then how is it reasonable for states to regulate a person's 2nd Amendment right?

This has been bugging me for a while, now. It is entirely irrational to say that one is lawful, while the other is not.

The 20 answers inside a standard Magic 8 Ball. I think #11 through 20 best answer your question but I'm not a Lawyer nor do I have a Legal background.

1. It is certain
  2. It is decidedly so
  3. Without a doubt
  4. Yes definitely
  5. You may rely on it
  6. As I see it, yes
  7. Most likely
  8. Outlook good
  9. Yes
  10. Signs point to yes
  11. Reply hazy try again
  12. Ask again later
  13. Better not tell you now
  14. Cannot predict now
  15. Concentrate and ask again
  16. Don't count on it
  17. My reply is no
  18. My sources say no
  19. Outlook not so good
  20. Very doubtful

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Even Mexico requires gov't issued picture ID for it's citizens to vote, why doesn't the US?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Many/most Developmentally Disabled individuals who have caregivers, job coaches, life skills trainers etc.,
- they are persuaded and heavily influenced to Vote Dem.
I've seen it! Better Vote D or your services will be cut off! Better Vote D or you might not have a place to live.....
It's illegal to coerce a Vote but it happens all the time!
Ticks me off how they scare these guys every election time!

Many/most Developmentally Disabled individuals who have caregivers, job coaches, life skills trainers etc.,
- they are persuaded and heavily influenced to Vote Dem.
I've seen it! Better Vote D or your services will be cut off! Better Vote D or you might not have a place to live.....
It's illegal to coerce a Vote but it happens all the time!
Ticks me off how they scare these guys every election time!

There is a lot of truth to that. People will vote for those they believe will benefit them financially, especially if a large part of their income/support comes from the government. For most of them, that would mean voting for a Democrat as they have traditionally been linked to increased spending in social areas.

We have an acquaintance who, due to medical issues, is on full disability/social security. She relies on the government for most things, charities for others. She likes to talk politics, yet every time a political subject comes up it always circles back to the same thing for her, the D's protect her free stuff, so they are the best and only choice. I would consider her a single issue voter in this respect as many of her other views don't jibe with traditional D platforms. Extend this out to people on extended unemployment, food stamps, reduced cost housing, student loans, and a whole myriad of government assistance. If even the possibility exists that their free stuff could be reduced or cut off (which is what they're always told at election time), they'll panic and vote for their stuff, even if they don't necessarily agree with everything else their choice stands for.

More or less the same thought process that says the social security system is running out of money but the welfare/illegal alien system never seems to be short on money and hand outs.

:s0013:;)I can understand all those disasters being handed down to the next administration but you do understand that is all "W's" fault? I mean we gotta face up to the truth somewheres.

Yep, think about it. Your vote can strip people of their personhood. You vote for a new law that can lock people up for life for breaking it. Your vote has a lot of power. And so do your guns.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top