Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun control philosophy laid bare

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dmancornell, Jul 3, 2013.

1. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

Gun control is the domination of the people by the state. You'll never hear the government liars and their sycophants in the US admit this fact, but fellow travelers elsewhere are more forthright about their goals:

Uruguay's high rate of gun ownership causes concerns, says NGO - Xinhua | English.news.cn

2. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

You're preaching to the choir, brother!

3. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

True, but not many people are willing to finish such a line of logical reasoning.

Gun control represents a key cornerstone of the modern state, its claim of monopoly of violence (i.e. guns are a tool of the state) and therefore the final arbiter of right and wrong (there's your specific actions). So the state now has incentive to provoke conflict with the citizenry in order to resolve those conflicts in its own favor. The private citizen would have to be insane to voluntarily submit to such an agreement. Therefore the implied social contract that the modern state uses to claim legitimacy is really just an imaginary agreement signed under threat of violence, and the governments imposing gun control are nothing more than criminal, gangster regimes.

4. LoneStar

LoneStar WA Active Member

This is why I believe there should be no gun control laws.

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

That representative sounds like a big fan of suppressive government. He should volunteer to be a trial case so those tools of the state can be used for great effect.

6. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Where I was thinking of moving to!

7. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

gun-control-guncontrol-obama-dictators-politics-1330714217_zps0b9c9fe0.jpg

index.jpg

8. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: AND :thumbup:

9. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

All that has been said above regarding violence being the province of the modern state is exactly what the antis believe. What frightens me most is when that violence meets the convenience of the state! There is even a word for it, expedience." You are an incovenience!" "Good bye!"