JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In his first State of the Union address since being reelected last November, Obama also made an emotional plea for new gun safety measures, saying the victims of gun violence—like the residents of Newtown, Conn., where 26 people died in a mass shooting in December—“deserve a vote” on legislation to ban assault weapons and large ammunition magazines.
"What I've said tonight matters little if we don't come together to protect our most precious resource, our children," Obama said.

35mmPatrikWallner_Pyongyang_KimsLoveKidsLOWQ-727x485.jpg Hitlerchildren.jpg fidelchildren.jpg propaganda_photo_stalin_with_children.jpg thwi.jpg

35mmPatrikWallner_Pyongyang_KimsLoveKidsLOWQ-727x485.jpg

Hitlerchildren.jpg

fidelchildren.jpg

propaganda_photo_stalin_with_children.jpg

thwi.jpg

Didn't watch can't stand the man..He won't say anything that won't screw me.things like taxes. SS,guns and more taxes,and health care.

I think it's interesting that everyone in the government has their panties in a bunch over "assault weapons" because some kids were murdered by a madman in Connecticut. What about all the people murdered by drunk drivers every year? When did we as a society just decide to accept that a number of people would simply die every year from that and it's just the way it goes? What a crock of garbage

I always watch, just to see how much of this speech is a rehash of last years. It gives me a nice hour and a half window to make my Cinnamon capsules. Once again, I wasn't disappointed, I snapped out 1,000 capsules during the speech. I work so much more efficiently when I'm really irritated.

Went to the gym to work out for a couple of hrs. Got home just in time to watch Rubio with a great 20 min. rebuttal to obama's 2hrs. of BS. Time for a brew...Auhh! Life is good.:drink:

Went to the gym to work out for a couple of hrs. Got home just in time to watch Rubio with a great 20 min. rebuttal to obama's 2hrs. of BS. Time for a brew...Auhh! Life is good.:drink:

Agreed, Rubio made a very good, passionate, positive speech. Gives me mild hope in 4 years...

I think it's interesting that everyone in the government has their panties in a bunch over "assault weapons" because some kids were murdered by a madman in Connecticut. What about all the people murdered by drunk drivers every year? When did we as a society just decide to accept that a number of people would simply die every year from that and it's just the way it goes? What a crock of garbage

If the government REALLY wanted to save lives they need to limit medical mistakes and limit access to motor vehicles.

Deaths from avoidable medical error more than double in past decade, investigation shows

"The total number of iatrogenic deaths shown in the following table is 783,936. It is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the United States"

From: Medical system is leading cause of death and injury in US - Health Supreme

"Of the total 323,993 deaths among Medicare patients in those years who developed one or more patient-safety incidents, 263,864, or 81 percent, of these deaths were directly attributable to the incident(s)."

From: In Hospital Deaths from Medical Errors at 195,000 per Year USA

"In 2003 there were 6,328,000 car accidents in the US. There were 2.9 million injuries and 42,643 people were killed in auto accidents."

"In the U.S. for 2006, there were 30,896 deaths from firearms, distributed as follows by mode of death: Suicide 16,883; Homicide 12,791; Accident 642; Legal Intervention 360; Undetermined 220."

FIREARMS TUTORIAL

There are over 25,000 laws on the book's regarding guns and gun ownership. Now, since gun deaths are lower then medical mistakes and vehicle accidents where do you think more emphasis on "control" should be placed?

The Police And Personal Protection
Police are under no legal obligation to provide protection for any individual. Courts have ruled the police have an obligation only to society as a whole. (Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1, 1981 )

Handgun Bans: The British Experience
The crime rate in London is now higher than the crime rate in New York. Crimes with firearms have risen dramatically since the ban on handgun ownership was passed by Parliament. ("Gun law stalks Britain`s," The Express, May 14, 2001)

Study Of The Federal "Assault Weapon" Law
The congressionally-mandated study of the federal "assault weapon" law found that: "At best, the assault weapons ban can have only a limited effect on total gun murders, because the banned weapons were never involved in more than a modest fraction of all gun murders." (Urban Institute, "Impact Evaluation of the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act of 1994," March 13, 1997, p. 3.)

Handguns Are Effective Defensive Tools
Two of every three defensive uses of firearms are carried out with handguns. Private citizens benefit from handguns for the same reason that the police do: handguns are easy to carry and they are effective defensive tools. (Targeting Guns: Firearms and Their Control, Gary Kleck, Aldine de Gruyter, 1997)

Felons And Gun Registration
In Haynes v U.S. (1968), the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that felons do not have to register illegally possessed guns, because the Fifth Amendment protects them against self-incrimination.

Firearm Tracing
Most firearms that are traced by the BATF have not been used to commit violent crimes, and most firearms that have been used to commit violent crimes are never traced. That is one of the main reasons that the Congressional Research Service has concluded that the tracing system should not be used to make broad determinations about the kinds of guns that are used in crimes.

The annual number of accidental gun deaths among children has declined 90% since 1975. Today, the odds against a child dying in a gun accident are a million to one. Seventy-eight times as many children die in accidents involving or due to motor vehicles, suffocation, drowning, fire, bicycles and falls. (National Center for Health Statistics)

80 MILLION gun owners did nothing wrong today, several hundred CRIMINALS did!!

This says it all from the American People. Very Negative on entire speech. Not one thing Positive

<broken link removed>

You'd think that from the graphs at the top of the page but scroll down to the bar graphs and they don't seem to match up with the top graphs or sanity.

i dont understand how so many graphs show that people support the new gun control laws when looking at so many protest/rally groups show that pro-gun ownership far outnumbers the show of gun-control. after seeing the differences in sizes of the recent oregon rallies (being the salen gun rally and portland gun-control rally) i decided to look at other rallies on the same topic over the country.

in every state people show up in higher numbers for supporting gun ownership rights than they do for supporting higher gun control. how do news outlets get graphs that show the opposite?

i dont understand how so many graphs show that people support the new gun control laws when looking at so many protest/rally groups show that pro-gun ownership far outnumbers the show of gun-control. after seeing the differences in sizes of the recent oregon rallies (being the salen gun rally and portland gun-control rally) i decided to look at other rallies on the same topic over the country.

in every state people show up in higher numbers for supporting gun ownership rights than they do for supporting higher gun control. how do news outlets get graphs that show the opposite?

These graphs specifically are the twitter demographic. Look at your typical tweeter...

I do wonder where the hell they keep getting the " gun owners want more common sense laws, NRA members agree, etc "

I guess if you repeat/report a lie enough, folks will start to believe it. Come to think of it, I support common sense changes as well. Lets start with a repeal of the GCA ' 68. Then move forward on all the rest.

See, I can agree with common sense measures.

:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

.. brought to you by your purely government controlled media sir. Simple as that.

BHO is merely a puppet and if I am going to watch a puppet show I want to be entertained, not disgusted. These two goofy puppets have just about the same amount of true decision making authority as BHO. He is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the Oligarchs and corporate elite, plus of course the military/industrial profiteers.

A POTUS is simply a figurehead. The board of directors make the decisions and those decisions are all based on power, social control, and profit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top