Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun-control group putting ads on Metro Transit buses

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Sun195, May 18, 2013.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Gun-control group putting ads on Metro Transit buses | Politics Northwest | Seattle Times

Any suggestions for "non-political campaign speech" pro-2a signs to put on these busses?

2. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

How is that not a political campaign speech? I would love to see a pro 2A bus ad but I'd imagine most folks who use mass transit aren't pro freedom or could care less.

3. shredjesse

shredjesse Vantuckey Active Member

It's not political in the sense it's urging people not to have guns in their houses. It has no political agenda for change in the government.

Make a good cause to have guns in peoples houses. Perhaps cite average police response time and say something witty in regards to "5 minutes is a long time when all a criminal needs is one pull of a trigger. Armed citizens are safe citizens"

4. PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy Snohomish County, WA Member

I've seen nor-point range ads on everett transit buses the past few weeks. I was surprised.

5. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

I was thinking about something straight-forward like the Pew report. Just the facts - things aren't as bad as you are led to believe (in fact, they're a lot better). Maybe the murder rate slide coupled with this slide.

6. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Yeah Yeah, give em some correct facts to refute the over stated & untrue facts they have been touting!!!

7. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Send messages to the group. Say things like "the more I think about it the more I KNOW I need to get a gun for the house". Let them know it is working ;)

8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Meh, most patrons of public transit can barely read (if at all) anyways. If you DO get some ad space, be sure to use no more than two-syllable words, and include biki-clad women. It will get (and keep) their attention long enough to sound out them big two-syllable words.

9. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Not all, Stomper, but I definitely get your point. A Medical Center that I worked for a few years pretty much forced the majority of the staff to use public transportation. It wasn't that they couldn't provide parking more economically than the Tri-Met passes they gave us, it was because it was a "green" policy.

I envision a poster showing a mom huddled protecting her children against an armed intruder. At the top, let's use their caption "Think Twice", at the bottom "When seconds count the Police are only minutes away". If the bus route is near Stomper, the mom is allowed to wear a bikini :D

10. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well, you couldn't buy an ad on a metro bus promoting gun ownership.....

UPDATE: Double standard at work on anti-gun Metro bus ads?

Washington Ceasefire’s second annual effort to push personal disarmament by running advertisements on transit buses in King and Snohomish counties has hit a snag, according to Sunday’s edition of the Seattle Times, and Monday morning, the issue was raising eyebrows and questions of balance.

Dave Workman - Seattle gun rights Examiner - Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

11. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

Realty Check Warning, Folks!

The anti gun forces are growing fast, and so is their money. The number of insane people commiting insane acts with guns is growing too, and the news distorts every story (I heard one a few weeks ago where they made of point of saying that a pistol used in a shooting was 'semi auto'). The pro gun forces are losing ground on this issue, and the NRA has made a death grip on a no compromise position. The NRA is a penny ante' lobbying group by DC standards anyway (they spend about 2 million a year while the financial industry is good for at least 50 times that even on a year when they are faceing no limiting legislation). Even AARP spends lots more than the NRA. We have a 2nd amendment with the term milita in it, and militas were replaced by a more than well funded full time military, and a national guard to boot. We have a position of sticking to our rights that makes us seem like we support the worst sorts of criminal behavior, while they have crying mothers holding dead children. In short, we are going to lose, and the only way to hang on to our rights for a while longer is to compromise.

I suggest we consider giving them universal background checks if they are fast and free. That just might buy us another decade.

12. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

thread_going_zps38106bb0.jpg

On a serious note I wouldn't mind seeing Oleg Volks work all over Washington. According to Dave's article today it has been " noticed " by the opposition around Olympia...