Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun control climate in Norway ?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by DERGLOCKINMEISTER, Jul 23, 2011.

1. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

I've heard that they have some pretty stiff restrictions , Thank goodness that nobody on that island was armed and able to stop this *** . Oh well it was probably the high
    capacity "clips" that are to blame anyway. Or maybe the fully automatic "assault weapons"he had. Time will tell .

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

What's also amazing is that the news media in Norway is NOT blaming the guns (so far), they say it's a "deranged person with a gun" and haven't even reported (at least that I've seen) what type of guns were used, let alone if they were full auto's or not. We know what the news would be trumpeting here in the US!

8 US Presidents have been NRA members. They are: Ulysses S. Grant,
    Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower,
    John F. Kennedy, Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George Bush.

80 MILLION law abiding gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
    NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
    Washington Arms Collector member
    Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

3. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

The UK papers are already classifying this guy as a right wing Christian conservative who hated Muslims.

Keith

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

5. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The guy is a nut, for whatever reason decided to kill and maim as many innocent people as he could. As far as him hating Muslims so much, why didn't he attack only Muslims.

6. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

This guy was the closest thing to a Terminator that I have seen and I don't mean that as a compliment. With no citizens able to shoot back he could just focus on an all-offense killing spree. He wouldn't have lasted very long in most areas of the USA. Not that police here would have done much to stop him, I am referring to law abiding carry folks. His picture is readily available, but rarely has been shown (doesn't fit the mold).

Update: This guy was firing at people for 1.5 hours! 1.5 hours? Like I said, NOT in the USA!

Capture.JPG

PBinWA and (deleted member) like this.
  7. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

No matter what any country does, if a policeman, or someone that wants to pose as a policeman and can get posession of police and/or military weapons, no gun control law will help.

Consider our own "John Brown" of Harper's Ferry (in)fame just before the (un)Civil War? What did he do? He raided a military arsenal to get added weapons.

Anyway, this guy was striking out at the political party in power in Norway. Norways version of Timothy McVey...Only Timothy McVey did not have the opportunity or will to do the shoot-im-up after the bombing.

8. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Going to take a little time for them to get the story out. No telling what they will tell us.

jj

9. jvbutter

jvbutter Cornelius, Or Active Member

Your link is very informative...
    just for handguns...
    sounds pretty restrictive to me...
    1) small caliber less than 50c it mentions...
    2) only 1 per caliber
    3) only 4 in total count

not oo gun friendly

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  10. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

The thing is Norway, and Sweden...competition and hunting are considered "normal" activities for gun owners, self defence is not. If you keep that concept in mind, it is easier to understand their position.

Norway and Sweden have has several "revolts" against the government over the last 1000 years or more. As with the Brits in India, keeping the power to revolt out of the common man's hands is not an unusual concept.