Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun Control Casualties

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Joe Link, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I just received this in an email from a good friend, Jim, and felt that although some of you may have seen it, it was worth posting here.

2. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

Great compilation!!!

3. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

Thanks for sharing that. I have never seen the numbers but always figured that was the results of weapon bans. If only we could get that on the news. even locally.

4. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

I'd like to see the statistics in England right now after they've implemented a gun control based society.

5. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

ugh!

6. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

+1 I have heard that you can only own a shotgun and a .22 if you live in a rural area.

7. Visceral

Visceral Portland, OR Member

Thats not entirely true. But often you are required to leave your rifle at a registered shooting area when you arent using it. It is a very long process to get that permit to own that rifle though. If you live in London, you aren't likely to get a permit to own any kind of firearm at all.

8. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

9. Trick

Trick St Helens Active Member

Wow....that is eye opening!

10. Visceral

Is the implication that the execution of these people would not have been possible if there hadnt been gun control?

Is the implication that in all cases of mass execution are all preceeded by gun control?

Its an interesting list, but the point it is try to make is pretty dubious. I don't believe in much gun control, but I dont think its the harbinger of mass genocide. Its just a bad idea.

11. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I don't think the point of the statistics is to show that gun control causes genocide, but rather to illustrate that those people had no means of defending themselves.

Are there any cases when a well armed populace was able to defend itself from a potential genocide? Maybe just the fact that they were well armed was enough deterrent?

12. Visceral

Good points... I have no idea. I noticed that the modern "genocides" of Bosnia, Rwanda, and Darfur arent up there. I'm not sure if there was a gun control precedent in those cases or not.

13. exblaster

exblaster Woodland Wa Member

Yes the Swiss. Thy were never invaded to the best of my knowledge.
    Exblaster

14. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

It's funny to see Snopes talking about how misleading numbers can be when they are presented in a specific fashion. Of course we all know this is true; it's exactly what the Brady Bunch has been doing for years and years.

The idea of mass genocide being thwarted by an armed population has merit. People are a lot tougher to kill when they're armed.

Gun control, by itself, is not a harbinger of mass genocide nor do these statistics attempt to make that point. The suggestion here is that those who would commit mass genocide begin their work by disarming the public. At the very least, disarmament makes the public extremely vulnerable should a mass murderer come into power.

15. caliber bob

caliber bob Yamhill County, OR. Member

Thanks for posting Joey.:thumbup: