JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Appreciate the passion, but I think some are getting overly worked up from what "The House" might do...remember we have the Senate & POTUS still.

Appreciate the passion, but I think some are getting overly worked up from what "The House" might do...remember we have the Senate & POTUS still.
Not to direct this to you DB But just look what has been escalating in the last two years. Not small steps by the left, but leaps and bounds. If we don't hold on to what we have now, we're in for a change that's not going to be in our favor. Our state is a good example of their full control and their jamming it down our throats.
Are we able to stop them here? Like the last gun control they made it an emergency bill. No chance of a vote by the people to override it.

I am more worried about vets being scared away from the VA or other services who really need help in fear of losing the 2A if this were to go thru. That would be more damaging imo.

The whole premise of the red flag law being passed in Oregon this past year is because a veteran who was one the son of a OR law maker committed suicide earlier that year.

It was a bill directed at "protecting" vets.

The theory is that some people up top are afraid of vets, because they will be the first and the most successful at standing up for the people of the constitution . That makes everyone who served a threat to those in power because they have been trained on how to take it. So they make veterans reliant on government medical care and stipends. But it comes with strings attached.
I remember reading a headline about a specific First Lady calling veterans a danger to the "nation" and apparently she wasn't alone in that thinking.
461B5916-31F9-4797-8D86-845F84C03ED8.png DD0FB818-5ABF-40F7-A7A0-C5EA3A601E05.png

These people fear Vets, rightly so! Look at the training we got, look at the experiences we may have had over the years we dd it! Look at what we saw and did, look at what we learned about the broader picture and the world we live in! Now add in all the other things they fear, why wouldn't they fear Vets? 30 plus years of continuous conflict has generated thousands of combat experienced Vets, many if not most with some level of PTSD! We all swore an oath, most of us intend to uphold that vow!

These people fear Vets, rightly so! Look at the training we got, look at the experiences we may have had over the years we dd it! Look at what we saw and did, look at what we learned about the broader picture and the world we live in! Now add in all the other things they fear, why wouldn't they fear Vets? 30 plus years of continuous conflict has generated thousands of combat experienced Vets, many if not most with some level of PTSD! We all swore an oath, most of us intend to uphold that vow!

The elites of Ancient Rome feared the Roman Legions and forbade them from venturing South across the Rubicon River.

The elites of "Modern Rome" also fear the "Legions", but in their arrogance and greed they have themselves ventured North across the "Rubicon River" and spat upon the "Legions".

Now betrayed, the "Legions" will eat their livers.... o_O

I am more worried about vets being scared away from the VA or other services who really need help in fear of losing the 2A if this were to go thru. That would be more damaging imo.

This quote needs to seen and heard.
Just how many Veterans will not seek the help they need , because of the fear , concern or stigma of seeking professional help or even just a friendly listening ear from a friend...?
Andy

This quote needs to seen and heard.
Just how many Veterans will not seek the help they need , because of the fear , concern or stigma of seeking professional help or even just a friendly listening ear from a friend...?
Andy

This is exactly why walk the talk was created:

Walk the Talk America

Surprise politicians the mental health industry doesn't want guns and mental health combined either. They want people to come forward and not be afraid of losing their rights when they have issues.

These stupid politicians could be doing something like the brave gun owner that created walk the talk did but... Noooo they just want to demonize what they fear. And they fear way too much in my opinion.

Not to direct this to you DB But just look what has been escalating in the last two years. Not small steps by the left, but leaps and bounds. If we don't hold on to what we have now, we're in for a change that's not going to be in our favor. Our state is a good example of their full control and their jamming it down our throats.
Are we able to stop them here? Like the last gun control they made it an emergency bill. No chance of a vote by the people to override it.
They're in a hurry to get their agenda in place... Those who lean more conservative need to be sheep dogs, not sheep. Been acting like sheep for far too many years. That's how we got here...

There's two choices: Roll over and be subservient, or take a stance and be free from government overreach...

To think we're not fast approaching time to water the tree of Liberty, means one has simply not been paying attention. We're nearly 2.5 years removed from the last presidential election and the democrats still can't accept the defeat. I can't wait for Muellers report to be fully made public so America can see what two plus years of investigation and tens of millions of wasted dollars produces. I'm sorry but democrats have been too
occupied with getting Trump
removed from office, Russian collusion couldn't be proven, so now they want to talk with everyone he's ever had business dealings with. Folks, what he did in his private business life before becoming 45 has nothing to do with being president. Democrats will squander the next 18 months investigating the sitting president and get squat for their efforts.

America, pay attention to the obstructionists, vote them out of power...

:s0137:

Here is another example of the left jamming things down our throats. Todays Statesman Journal 3a Bill would effectively ban death penalty in state. House Bill 3268

Bill would effectively ban death penalty in state

ASSOCIATED PRESS

A proposed bill in Oregon would effectively ban capital punishment in the state by limiting it to terrorism-related killings.

House Bill 3268 would also grant new sentencing trials to all people currently on death row.

Lawmakers cannot introduce an outright ban on capital punishment without sending the measure to the ballot box.

Voters approved adding the death penalty to the Oregon state constitution in 1984.

Democratic Gov. Kate Brown extended a 2011 moratorium on using! the death penalty.

The state Department of Corrections says there were 30 people on death row as of Jan. 1, 2019. The last execution was in 1997.

Here is another example of the left jamming things down our throats. Todays Statesman Journal 3a Bill would effectively ban death penalty in state. House Bill 3268

Bill would effectively ban death penalty in state

ASSOCIATED PRESS

A proposed bill in Oregon would effectively ban capital punishment in the state by limiting it to terrorism-related killings.

House Bill 3268 would also grant new sentencing trials to all people currently on death row.

Lawmakers cannot introduce an outright ban on capital punishment without sending the measure to the ballot box.

Voters approved adding the death penalty to the Oregon state constitution in 1984.

Democratic Gov. Kate Brown extended a 2011 moratorium on using! the death penalty.

The state Department of Corrections says there were 30 people on death row as of Jan. 1, 2019. The last execution was in 1997.
Totally get what you're saying and I agree, but let's not conflate a Federal proposed House Bill where we control the Senate & POTUS (What this post started as) and a State bill.

This. I have a buddy who came back from several deployments. Clearly not the same guy. After weeks of me pressing, he finally agreed to some VA services. He then bailed after they wanted to diagnose him with PTSD because he was so worried about the possibile restrictions and loss of rights this may result.
It's a damn shame that has to be on someone's mind when help is what they need.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top