JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is quite a surprising statement! It will be interesting to see if he actually acts against his own party on this issue then!
Might be he sees the writing on the wall, basically telling him if he wants to remain in office, he is going to have to switch it up to convince voters to keep him where he is! Or, maybe he sees the 2nd more clearly now that we have so much lawlessness in society! Will see come mid terms!

Might be he sees the writing on the wall, basically telling him if he wants to remain in office, he is going to have to switch it up to convince voters to keep him where he is! Or, maybe he sees the 2nd more clearly now that we have so much lawlessness in society! Will see come mid terms!
More likely.. he's just sprouting what his aides have suggested so that he could appear to be on the side of the 2A... more likely he's just saying whatever would help him keep his position :rolleyes:

I actually received a canned reply from Merkley mentioning his "Positive" stance on the 2nd ( despite his mentioning of mass shootings and all that anti 2nd rot) and he says that IF a confirmation gets put forth he will take a long, hard, and well thought out look at Chippy, and that he will listen to his constituents opinions!
There was ONE sentence he included that makes me think We the People have been heard loud and clear, and while I wont hold my breath that he ( or his slimeball partner Wyden in crime will ever change) he mentions: I Support and believe in the 2nd, I support the rights to hunt, to target shoot, to collect, and appreciate guns, and I support the right of self defense as a core part of the 2nd!
Interesting...

It would be nice if these jokers started listening to their constituents. We will see. I'm not ready to check the temperature of hades, yet...
It also could be that Chipman is such a polarizing wingnut that people are starting to distance themselves from him and the baggage. Now if they would get off their AFT and shut down the related agency that has run amok...

Jon Tester ( D Montana) is over a barrel on the Chippie nomination. I think he will vote No if he likes being a senator.
Depends on what the Regime offers him. To Democrats "moderation" is a bargaining chip, everything Manchin and Sinema are obstructing is their way of saying "you'll have to make a better offer than that."

As Winston Churchill once said, "We've established exactly what you are, now we are just haggling over price."

I actually received a canned reply from Merkley mentioning his "Positive" stance on the 2nd ( despite his mentioning of mass shootings and all that anti 2nd rot) and he says that IF a confirmation gets put forth he will take a long, hard, and well thought out look at Chippy, and that he will listen to his constituents opinions!
There was ONE sentence he included that makes me think We the People have been heard loud and clear, and while I wont hold my breath that he ( or his slimeball partner Wyden in crime will ever change) he mentions: I Support and believe in the 2nd, I support the rights to hunt, to target shoot, to collect, and appreciate guns, and I support the right of self defense as a core part of the 2nd!
Received the same canned response. Apparently he's getting enough emails about it to at least gave his staff create a canned response, which is good.
Couldn't believe he actually tried to defend the guy and spout his 1 or 2 awards (pretty dismal for 20+ years as an agent). Kinda felt like I needed a shower after reading it.
Was 'guardedly' glad to see his statements on 2A - we'll see if it's just politician speak for 'thanx for your opinion but I don't care, I'm gonna vote the way I want'.

He's lying! Sure as BUBBLEGUM Stinks! Or, his "Core" has totally different kinds of seeds in it than our people here, on this forum, do.

My responses from Merkley has remained the same as of 07/08, still with the COVID response. No mention of the 2nd Amendment or Chipman. I am surprised that he is changing his story to include the 2nd.

Last Edited:
Milque·toast Merkley shouldn't be taken at his word. When a vote comes to him he'll side with the dems every time.

Last Edited:
I Support and believe in the 2nd, I support the rights to hunt, to target shoot, to collect, and appreciate guns, and I support the right of self defense as a core part of the 2nd!
He's lying. A lot of gun-haters like to float stupid ideas like;
"We'll let you keep a single-shot rifle and 5 rds of ammo for it per year. That way there's no violation of the 2A (which l totally believe in). All good, right?"
Wrong.
Or;
"You can have all the guns you want... for a nominal fee, paid to me, Jeff Merkley. Also, register them all with the federal government, keep them locked in a government owned armory, and surrender them to us at our discretion. The 2A doesn't mention any of that, so no violation, right?"
*sigh*...
Lip service. He got lots of letters and emails and had one of his flunkies draft a letter specifically to send to those people... the gun nuts and "NRA-types".
"There... that ought to shut em up for a while"
If he REALLY believed in what he sent out, it would represent such a HUGE philosophical shift for him that there's no way he'd be so introspective about it. He wouldn't tuck it away at the bottom of a form letter to be sent only to the people on his "gun nuts" mailing list... he'd make pro-2A issues part of his platform and give speeches comparing himself to the mighty and stalwart native salmon, fighting upstream for your rights against the ever strengthening current of authoritarianism running so deep within his own party, fighting against the current to return America to the place of her birth where all men are created equal with certain inalienable rights and, you know... the thing.
blah, blah, blah.
More likely.. he's just sprouting what his aides have suggested so that he could appear to be on the side of the 2A... more likely he's just saying whatever would help him keep his position :rolleyes:
^^^ yup... THIS ^^^

Unfortunately, Oregon has a notable dearth of common sense candidates who are willing to challenge the crown. I've heard NOTHING, from or of, anyone running to unseat the entrenched swamp creatures, even at a state level much less federal. All the Ds feel smugly secure in their lifetime appointments to elected office.

Last Edited:
He's lying. A lot of gun-haters like to float stupid ideas like;
"We'll let you keep a single-shot rifle and 5 rds of ammo for it per year. That way there's no violation of the 2A (which l totally believe in). All good, right?"
Wrong.
Or;
"You can have all the guns you want... for a nominal fee, paid to me, Jeff Merkley. Also, register them all with the federal government, keep them locked in a government owned armory, and surrender them to us at our discretion. The 2A doesn't mention any of that, so no violation, right?"
*sigh*...

Lip service. He got lots of letters and emails and had one of his flunkies draft a letter specifically to send to those people... the gun nuts and "NRA-types".
"There... that ought to shut em up for a while"
If he REALLY believed in what he sent out, it would represent such a HUGE philosophical shift for him that there's no way he'd be so introspective about it. He wouldn't tuck it away at the bottom of a form letter to be sent only to the people on his "gun nuts" mailing list... he'd make pro-2A issues part of his platform and give speeches comparing himself to the mighty and stalwart native salmon, fighting upstream for your rights against the ever strengthening current of authoritarianism running so deep within his own party, fighting against the current to return America to the place of her birth where all men are created equal with certain inalienable rights and, you know... the thing.
blah, blah, blah.

^^^ yup... THIS ^^^

Unfortunately, Oregon has a notable dearth of common sense candidates who are willing to challenge the crown. I've heard NOTHING, from or of, anyone running to unseat the entrenched swamp creatures, even at a state level much less federal. All the Ds feel smugly secure in their lifetime appointments to elected office.
I have no illusions about where Murky stands, or what he really is! Just sharing what I got from him! Don't fall for his lies, he is just as bad as the rest of them!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top