JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, it seems that as strict as airports have been, they would catch EVERYthing, especially a loaded handgun. Just last week, I was in Hawaii and I used my summer biking bag to store my carry on. In my biking bag, I keep several tools in there but I removed all of them (so I thought) and replaced them with extra necessities for the trip. When I landed in Hawaii, I started unpacking my stuff and as I unpacked my biking bag (carry on), I was shocked to find that I had forgot to remove my craftsman folding knife. Knives are definitely not allowed on planes for obvious reasons and with the hard time I got from the TSA's, you would have thought they would have caught that in my baggage. On the bright side, there's $15 I didn't have to throw away.

I used my a gym bag as a carry on and it's the gym bag that I've used many times as a range bag. While coming back from Vegas they found a Swiss 7.5mm round in it. I'm pretty sure that I've been on at least one round trip before that one where they did not find it. I do remember that they actually physically searched the bag on the previous trip (both way) and I thought it was strange that I was getting that attention.
I'm just glad it was a "classic" rifle round and not a pistol round as that one would have raised more suspicions.
Still the TSA guy said that they get their share of bags with ammo in them.

I used my a gym bag as a carry on and it's the gym bag that I've used many times as a range bag. While coming back from Vegas they found a Swiss 7.5mm round in it. I'm pretty sure that I've been on at least one round trip before that one where they did not find it. I do remember that they actually physically searched the bag on the previous trip (both way) and I thought it was strange that I was getting that attention.
I'm just glad it was a "classic" rifle round and not a pistol round as that one would have raised more suspicions.
Still the TSA guy said that they get their share of bags with ammo in them.

Wow, You're incredibly careless?

Depending on the TSA agent involved you could have had a serious legal problem.

Glad you got away with being foolish and careless.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top