JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is a question.. I had punisher grips on my 1911 and people said dont ever carry it as if you ever had to use the pistol, the grips would be used to compare you to the punisher it court and so on. Makes since, dont know how well it would actually work in all cases, but I see how some could say its a possibility so its easier to stay away than chance it.

Well here is another question. I am going to pick up a new Glock 26 for carry and I am on a OD kick right now, I have build two OD rifles, and my local dealer has a OD G26 in stock and I am contemplating getting that.. BUT if I ever had to use this gun would the court say look its OD in color, he must think he is in military or anything like that?

I am really liking the OD color right now, but if there is ANY possible chance of it causing problems I would just stick with the black..

BEAUTIFUL :s0155:
View attachment 205475

It's a manufacturer standard option. I don't see how that could be used against you.

If the color of the gun or the grips you have installed really come into play in court then it wasn't a justifiable shoot to begin with.

I had punisher grips on my 1911 and people said dont ever carry it as if you ever had to use the pistol, the grips would be used to compare you to the punisher it court and so on.

Either you are legally justified in shooting someone or you are not. In a legal use of deadly force, the manner or instrument by which deadly force is used is of no consequence.

Now, if your use of deadly force was not justified, I could see members of a jury being swayed by markings that indicated that you were "out looking for someone to shoot."

As for civil court, if your contention is: "I shot him. I meant to shoot him. I had to shoot him to defend my life. This was a deliberate act," I cannot see an attorney being able to make a deal about your grips. The decision of the jury will be to determine whether or not what you did was reasonable, not whether you have good taste in grips. But, again, if the shooting was questionable, I could see the grips being an issue.

I was really thinking about this a little while ago. I was on the fence about buying a pink breast cancer M&P. Figured it couldn't hurt if I were being sued in court for my "Evil Pink Gun". Don't see where it could hurt. Heck sometimes I am even man enough to pack my wifes Ladysmith.

I got a G36 in OD because it matches my wardrobe, give or take. I figure it's less likely to be recognized for what it is, given an inadvertent exposure.

It never even occurred to me that the frame color could be a significant factor in my potential prosecution, compared to the corpse at my feet with a gaping hole in its chest.

I took a civilian firearms safety course a while back and one thing the lawyer (yes, there was a lawyer there laying out use-of-force guidelines) suggested not using hand-loads for defensive rounds due to liability reasons.

I took a civilian firearms safety course a while back and one thing the lawyer (yes, there was a lawyer there laying out use-of-force guidelines) suggested not using hand-loads for defensive rounds due to liability reasons.

As I'm getting into reloading myself, I was pondering that recently. Here's a puzzle though, assume I reload my brass and even match bullets with brass (suppose both are Hormady) - it would probably take some serious CSI work to distinguish a hand load from a factory load assuming things were built close to spec.

As I'm getting into reloading myself, I was pondering that recently. Here's a puzzle though, assume I reload my brass and even match bullets with brass (suppose both are Hormady) - it would probably take some serious CSI work to distinguish a hand load from a factory load assuming things were built close to spec.

They would be able to easily tell the difference due to different tooling marks... same as the microscopic 'fingerprint' put on projectiles and spent casings by individual firearms.

IMO, not worth the liability when you can buy a couple boxes of defensive loads for $50.

This sounds like something so crazy it shouldn't even be a concern... which is why I could actually see something like this taking place... I'm surprised the Brady Bunch hasn't jumped on it.

Pink guns are pretty, especially finished with a pretty little flower patterns. What bad guy wouldn't just die laughing looking at? And, since you have caught him off guard, the threat would be much easier to stop.

Prosecutors?? Reallly, does the color of your gun really matter? I know they will try to get you on anything. But, in the end, you have to prove you were justified in the shoot. The gun only comes into question if you have trouble doing that much; of course, this is assuming the gun you are carrying is legal.

Oh, by the way, the gun I carry is black.. Shiny guns are a lot easier to spot, IMO.

The prosecutors aren't my worry, If I pull my gun and use it it will be justified.

I worry about the Civil side of things. I don't need the Parents of Mr. Gangbanger saying that he was just misguided youth that was turning his life aound, or just fell in with the wronge crowd. Then paint me as the bad guy with a "EVIL" gun with a chip on my shoulder. NOBODY can say it has never happened!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top