JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

I am looking for a good gun club to join where i can shoot both short and long guns and bring my own ammo. I would like a place to shoot skeet or clay targets as well.

I am looking at the tri county gun club as an option - anyone have any experience there? Any other options - I am located in Milwaukie

I've been a member at TCGC for quite a few years. Nice facility and fairly well managed, but might be considered a bit spendy for the first year (dues plus initiation). Other facilities (which I have no experience with) that might be considered in the area are Johnson Creek (indoors SE Portland), Douglas Ridge (Boring), and English Pit (Vancouver).

elsie

Johnson Creek is limited to 50 feet, an indoor range. You can shoot 22 LR but no magnums of any caliber due the proximity of neighbors. Its tight in the old Johnson Creek neighborhood.

If you go during the week its a card lock enter and few people are there. The weekends are busy.

Been a member for many years, went with member Ron Jacoby recently to show him the place. Give me an e-mail if you want to see the place.

Lee

PS: The Sherwood gun club has over 3400 members and can get quite busy. But is a full service club that offers everyone something.

the Camby Gun Club that was not mentioned has a limit of 500 members and a waiting list of over three years to get in. They may lose 3-4% membership each year and will limit replacements to that amount.
Nice facility for skeet/trap/Pistol and a 100 yard small rifle range.

Rainier Rod and Gun club is where I go to shoot, and I live in Hillsboro. It is a bit of a drive, but at just $25 per year, and the fact it has a handgun, rifle, and shotgun range it is not bad. You would have to check when you can shoot trap or skeet, as the pistol/rifle range cannot be used during trap/skeet shooting.

It is a small comfortable range, and the many times I have shot there, it has not been busy.

They have numerous trap/skeet shoots during the month, mainly friday nights and weekends, but like I said, it is a pretty good place to shoot, and you will need to bring your own ammo, as there is none available for sale.

PM me and I will email you the latest newsletter/calendar for the club.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

I would like an indoor pistol range for the winter. I looked at the Johnson Creek web site and it states that all targets must be fully extended to the wall. This is 50' or 17 yards. Is this requirement true? I would like to practice at shorter ranges.

Estacada gun club is another to consider as well as Canby. they have a nice covered 100yd and 50 yd ranges. Canby has covered 100yd and two 50yd ranges. You can come out to Canby on Tuesday and Thursday for shooting trap (open to the public), starts at 6:00pm. both canby and estacada run around $75.00 a year.

I would like to join a gun club, but all of them around me require that you be a member of the NRA.. I canceled my lifetime membership after they slipped into the backroom to cut a deal with Democrats on their new campaign-finance legislation. So now what, forced to join them again after they sold us out...:s0054:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top