JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Gun cleaning rods vs cleaning cables/cords/snakes?

• Cleaning Rods

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Cleaning Cables

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Both

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters
I do, it depends on the quality of the rod especially if its not a 1 piece rod and the segments have a burr or step in them. Most of the damage is at the crown on entry a guide helps mitigate that.
I guess you cant be too careful. A barrel is a pretty tuff cookie though:D. Your saying not to use the cleaning rod and kit that came with my AK:p

I'm not sayin the snake is no good.......From WW-1 to present, you pissed on a boot lace with a few nots tied in it and yanked it through the bore! worked out just fine then, and most of the good solvents have ammonia (just like urine) as the active ingredient! A good rod set is used to keep a fine and probably expensive gun working as good as it can be made to work! Use what ever you can get your hands on! A clean gun is a happy gun!
And that's how the insult go pi$$ up a rope was born.:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

I have a Tipton carbon fiber but I also have bore snakes for all calibers. I keep them in my range bag for on the fly dirty bores along with a mil-spec break down rod for squib rounds.

I have a Tipton carbon fiber but I also have bore snakes for all calibers. I keep them in my range bag for on the fly dirty bores along with a mil-spec break down rod for squib rounds.
Necro thread from 2016!

ECCF7EE8-DEC9-428D-9CC0-DCA0853E25A3.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews