JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been using Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil on my simi autos. It has a high cook off temp and seems to "stick " to the metal better than other gun oils I've used.

Has anyone eles tried this ? If so how did it work for you ?

Lots of police depts are now using synthetic oil. I use Royal Purple because I mistakenly bought track type non detergent RP on the web for my cobra and now have a big block oil change worth sitting on the shelf. It works great and it's my basic gun lube now. One of the reasons synthetic is better than standard motor oils is it's ability to stick, so there's always some on wear surfaces at startup

I use 10/40 for warm weather and 5/30 for cold weather

I exclusively use detergent type Royal Purple in all my motorpickles after they break in

I've never used motor oil but I've tried KY Jelly. Seems like it creates less wear and tear on the holster than oil and it's better for the environment.

Military LSA for a light oil and Lubraplate for anything requiring a grease. Worked for decades for the Military so I think it will be fine for my military and non military rifles and handguns.

On the area where the slide contacts the frame on my P220 and 1911 I use Brake Caliper Grease. Serious High Temp Stability and a little goes a LONG way.

I use Mobil 1 Synthetic in my Harley so I use that for parts that need oil.

I have heard that mobile 1 fully synthetic wheel bearing grease, works well on the rails and other metal to metal contact areas and has a temp range of -40 C (- 40 F) to 150 C (302 F)
I have seen other synthetic types of grease that will work in an even wider temprature range.

Another option to use is TW25b, which is used by the military for a wide range of weapons applications and
Mil-Comm TW-25B is the official lubricant of SigSauer.

I would think that Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil, would work great as well.

I have been looking into synthetic grease and oils, that have a wide range of operating temps, from -50 to +500 degree temprature ranges.

This is a link from a Sig Sauer armorer- Flork's Lubrication Recommendation - Topic

I will be doing more research...

M67

Must not be Glock owners.
See that's the beauty of the ugly gun. Never needs cleaning

jmho~

A person that never cleans and lubricates there weapon after each use, is a very foolish one. Why bet your life on a dirty weapon?

From the Glock site:
Any commercially available product will work fine for cleaning & lubricating your Glock. Glock factory armorers use Breakfree CLP.
How often do i need to clean my Glock:
It will function better, last longer, and shoot straighter if it is cleaned and lubed after each use.

Unless it's being broken in and shooting non corrosive ammo I always clean my fighting and hunting guns. Take care of your tools and they will take care of you

Dirty guns stain clothing, too

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top