JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun Buybacks are like a broken pencil.....pointless....:D

I do agree that the term "Buyback" is wrong...since you can't buy back , what ya never owned in the first place.

A better term would be :
This sounds good and feels good...now I can say I did something about guns and stay in office program.
Andy

Some of the best deals I ever got buying a gun was at a couple of these events. It was a madhouse at the SE 182nd Portland buyback years ago.
No doubt.

(In a post SB941 world) If I was an FFL, I would be trolling(fishing) the line looking to offer a slightly higher price than what the gun-grabbers are offering.

"They're gonna give you a $50 Applebees gift-card for that? Here's a green C-note that you can spend anywhere.";)

In other news...
Water is wet. The sky is currently blue. There is a very good chance that the sun will rise in the morning tomorrow.

I miss anything?
Yes. Guns are evil and gun owners are extremist psychopaths. That should about cover it.

I went in my garage and thought that I could put a 12ga zip gun together in ten minutes, I was wrong. I don't have any bar stock, or a carriage bolt, to be the shotguns bolt. I'd have to slot the receiver, drill the pipe plug, drill the "bolt" for a nail firing pin, for the "trigger" and the recoil rod.

Yup, no criminal could ever do what I just did. Youd have 30 minutes of work in it, thats just too much effort for the criminally inclined.

I actually may pick up some bar stock and finish this BuyBack Special.

20210511_182533.jpg

Don't a lot of the buyback guns just end up sold at auction? I remember a story a couple years back where a gun was used in a murder and seized by police, sold at auction part of a gun lot. Came back in as a buy back. Was resold a second time and used in a 2nd murder. Something along those lines.

If it was a program to take in illegal guns from gang members then destroy the guns, I could get behind it.

If it's just a program to trick widows into selling their dead spouses expensive guns for $50 then the police just resell them at market value..... Then that's just dirty right?

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

― Napoleon Bonaparte

WAITING, Waiting, waiting.....
Home-Made-gun1.jpg
Home-made2.jpg
I'll even turn in my rare one of a kind......
Glock & Wesson.

Aloha, Mark

PS.........seriously. These guns are NOT in my collection. Duh.

Last Edited:
I wonder the ramifications of stolen guns being destroyed by these buybacks? It would seem that receiving stolen property and not reporting it to LE so it could be be returned to it;s lawful owner would be a crime.

I suspect they don't bother to run the serial numbers and just destroy them. I wonder how well that would play if it were stolen cars or perhaps a bag of money stolen from a bank.

Why should one type of stolen property be treated differently with respect to owner than another?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top