JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another lame idea............
Wonder what happens when someone disagrees with what the dealer says is the 125% MRSP of the gun in question is? :rolleyes:

Time to hit Homedepot again for some supplied.

But seriously this is bad news, if it passes it sets a precedence of ownership, how can the government buy something back they never owned ? Unless they want that to happen then confiscation is easy.

So, I turn in a $800 AR, get 1 grand I can't use on firearms. Use it to buy stuff I can sell for cash, get slightly less than 1 grand but more than $800, buy a more expensive gun then sell that. Better yet, I have an AR I could turn in for 3 grand. Use the process to get more guns and sell those until I got all the guns I want and then some.

They clearly thought it through! And the anti-gun crowd here wonder why I consider them brain dead.

I'm against using this, or any other buy back program..Not only would they get a statistic that their BS program is working, but,THIS-

"However, the debit cards cannot be used to purchase firearms or ammunition and cannot be redeemed for cash. The cards will automatically notify dealers that a purchaser is attempting to use the cards to buy guns. If they violate this provision of the law, both the purchaser and the dealer will be responsible for repaying the government in the amount of the gun sale or will be imprisoned for not more than 2 years, or both."

125% MRSP buyback though. Can you see the truck sized loophole that would bring? Like buying a $10,000 barrett, get $12,500 back. I'd mortgage my house and buy 1000 keltecs. Get $75000 back, buy a bigger house, rinse and repeat. Heck, I have a credit card with a $50,000 limit on it. I could be making $12,500 as fast as I could buy and sell back the guns.

I read 25% above "market value" not msrp. Have you looked at the Blue book of gun's price points. They are pretty low. So you glock gen4 $550 new is like $400 "used" add 25% it's $500. You lost $50 and they are tracking how you spend your money and where you are from that debt card. They are building a profile to prepare for confiscation.
-- it's a nice way to modernize the civilian's weaponry. Use "loophole" (buy stuff, return it for cash) use cash for modern sporting rifle. Nice think cash for clunkers
-- plus 360 million dollars isn't going

I read 25% above "market value" not msrp. Have you looked at the Blue book of gun's price points. They are pretty low. So you glock gen4 $550 new is like $400 "used" add 25% it's $500. You lost $50 and they are tracking how you spend your money and where you are from that debt card. They are building a profile to prepare for confiscation.
-- it's a nice way to modernize the civilian's weaponry. Use "loophole" (buy stuff, return it for cash) use cash for modern sporting rifle. Nice think cash for clunkers
-- plus 360 million dollars isn't going

drat. My retirement plan wont work now :(

I'm against using this, or any other buy back program..Not only would they get a statistic that their BS program is working, but,THIS-

"However, the debit cards cannot be used to purchase firearms or ammunition and cannot be redeemed for cash. The cards will automatically notify dealers that a purchaser is attempting to use the cards to buy guns. If they violate this provision of the law, both the purchaser and the dealer will be responsible for repaying the government in the amount of the gun sale or will be imprisoned for not more than 2 years, or both."
Uh yeah - not sure if that will hold up in court. :rolleyes:

I am not concerned - I don't think this will ever pass, and if it does there won't be a lot of people selling their guns to the government.

Uh yeah - not sure if that will hold up in court. :rolleyes:

I am not concerned - I don't think this will ever pass, and if it does there won't be a lot of people selling their guns to the government.

Not true. Gun buy backs are often no questions asked. What better way for gangster A to get rid of the gun he used to murder gangster B than someone paying for the gun, and not asking him anything about it? A good amount of it will probably be from areas with relatively high gang activity.

Not true. Gun buy backs are often no questions asked. What better way for gangster A to get rid of the gun he used to murder gangster B than someone paying for the gun, and not asking him anything about it? A good amount of it will probably be from areas with relatively high gang activity.
No - I mean the restriction on how you spend the credit.

No - I mean the restriction on how you spend the credit.

Ah, well then it probably wouldn't pass. Even if it did, refer to my post above where its likely just someone getting rid of evidence.

Its a stupid idea either way, the people who turn them in probably got them cheaper anyways. Or stole them.... Or an anti-gun relative that stole them, got a good story for why I mention the last one.

It won't have any effect on anything. And if it did think about the big numbers.

lets say theres 300 million guns in the country and they buy them all at 125% of Market value.

Now lets say the market value on average is only $400.00 (keep in mind for all those $100 .25 autos out there there is a $50,000.00 WInchester Model 1873 that will raise their value etc.)

300,000,000 x 1.25% = $375,000,000 x $400.00 = $150 BILLION dollars. That's a heck of a chunk of money to distribute back to the Masses.

Bolus, to continue your thread, what happens if you build yourself an AR or an AK from an 80% blank and sell that? You might still be able to fund your retirement.

House Democrat Proposes National 'Buyback' Bill
December 22, 2015
I know I don't have to tell you this, but gun buyback programs are worthless. For starters, it's not technically a "buyback" because the government never owned the firearm to begin with. A manufacturer made it, shipped it to a dealer, who then sold it to the purchaser. Nowhere in that chain of custody did the government take possession of the firearm. So, "buyback" is a B.S. Term. It never belonged to the government!

Beyond that, the purpose of a buyback is to, as we so often hear, "take guns off the streets." The logic behind the buyback is that if we offer criminals money for their firearms they'll voluntarily disarm and turn their hardware over to law enforcement.

It's such a transparently stupid idea that one wonders how it ever got taken seriously. Proponents of buybacks actually believe that hardened drug dealers and thugs will give up the tools that not only protect their criminal enterprises from rival competitors (gangs, cartels, etc.), but also ensure the safety of

Themselves, their family and their property — all for a $100 gift certificate or money card. In a way, it's like asking the lion to give up his claws and teeth for a cheeseburger. On what planet would the lion ever take that deal?

So, buybacks do not "take guns off the street." No criminal shows up to trade in his piece for the Applebee's gift card. It just doesn't happen. What ends up happening, though, is that folks from the community turn up and swap out their worthless, junk guns (broken guns, non-operational guns, etc.) for the handout. You can't blame them either. It's getting something in exchange for garbage.

With that in mind, I want you to consider a recent bill introduced by Democratic congressman Donald M. Payne from New Jersey, called the "The Safer Neighborhoods Gun Buyback Act of 2015."

The premise of the bill is to use $360 million in taxpayer money to allow the U.S. Department of Justice's Director of Bureau of Justice Assistance (Who knew that agency even existed!) to hand out smart debit cards to state and local governments and gun dealers so that they can be used to purchase unwanted firearms.

"We owe it to the communities we have sworn to protect to pursue every opportunity to reduce gun violence in our neighborhoods," said congressman Payne, Jr. "Although no one piece of legislation will eliminate all gun violence, this bill will get guns off the streets and keep them out of the hands of people who wish to cause harm. If we can get one gun off the street, if we can save one life, then we have to take action."

In short, The Safer Neighborhoods Gun Buyback Act of 2015 is a great idea if one wants to piss away $360 million of taxpayer money. What's funny, though, is that I know a lot of people who would take advantage of that deal. Some of my friends are sitting on some real junk guns and would love to to trade them in for a debit card.

Based on language in the bill, the "debit cards will provide gun owners with funds 25 percent above the market value of the guns traded in, based on an assessment conducted by the Director of Bureau of Justice Assistance, and will be valid for two years. Sales on individual firearms are expected to range in price anywhere between $40 and $400 depending on alterations, condition, age, and model of the firearm."

The one downside for those who would exploit the program would be that one couldn't use the debit card to buy another firearm or ammunition, nor could one attempt to redeem it for cash.

Yes, this is an epically stupid idea. Will this bill gain any traction in Congress? Probably not. What it is is another example of just how idiotic our elected leaders are when it comes to addressing violence. Instead of putting that money toward, say, a targeted law enforcement effort to crackdown on drug dealers and gangs in high-crime neighborhoods, Congressman Payne, Jr. Would rather appropriate it for an initiative that doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of "taking guns off the street." I mean, where is his head at? What the heck is he thinking?

360,000,000 mill for a supposed by back program, remember, this is government and what happens in government programs ? 100, 000, 000 to organize and set up, 100,000,000 to manage, 100,000,000 for unknow necessities, 59,000,000, not sure where it went, 1,000,000 maybe, used to buy back 1,000 worth of useless junk. Our government at work for the people cause they care.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top