Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun Broker Help me understand

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by jmurray192, Jan 15, 2013.

1. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Active Member

Ok I need help understanding gunbroker.com. I know this might sound like a stupid question but follow me out. I listed an auction for .01 right. I also at the same time listed a buy it now auction for 200 same product same discription. My .01 auction is over $260 ending soon, with my $200 buy it now auction still up. Why are people so stupid. Also there are 10 other buy it now around $175. People must get so hyped up bidding. I dont know any imput..... Not complaining Im making extra money I just dont get it :pound:

2. outontherange

outontherange Vancouver Active Member

Don't kick a gift horse in the mouth... lol That is just the way it rolls. Consider yourself lucky!

3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I still wanna know how paying more than any one else in the entire world,for any product,makes you a WINNER!

4. outontherange

outontherange Vancouver Active Member

Hard to say, but maybe the way people see it on their search. Did you post the item at a different time interval? What they do is look at the last 24 hours sometimes not looking at what is going a few days back. Not sure, but seems like they bid on the first item they see without searching further.

5. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

I have seen it on Ebay before many times. One item being bid up to 20-30 more then the same item a page back.

6. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

don't worry - they are bidding for the govt - trying to get every single gun item regardless of the cost... after all you are paying for it...

7. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

Shhh! you dont have to "get it".

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg