JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Classifieds have dried up unless you want to get raped, and the constant barrage of "OMG PMAGS IN STOCK" threads only to find that they sold out 2 seconds after the thread was posted and barely so since the site crashed in the process has me shaking my head.

Surfing the boards has become...Mundane...What to do?

I guess I can read the prepping forums instead...oh, goodie, more tips on SOLAR PANELS.... :-(

A re post but I think it still applies:

Lets quit thinking about ARs. Get interested in something else, say 30-30 Winchesters and maybe good ol' wheel guns. No ammo availability problems and lots out there for good prices. Ok so they don't shoot as fast or maybe don't look as cool (matter of opinion anyway) but less time on the reloading bench or no need to chase cases of ammo to feed them. Change your mindset. I am not saying ban ARs or similar weapons but maybe it's time to change your shooting interests - adapt, move to the fringes, return to traditions, try something else that does not come with so much built in stress. Stay open minded.

Lets quit thinking about ARs. Get interested in something else, say 30-30 Winchesters and maybe good ol' wheel guns. No ammo availability problems and lots out there for good prices. Ok so they don't shoot as fast or maybe don't look as cool (matter of opinion anyway) but less time on the reloading bench or no need to chase cases of ammo to feed them. Change your mindset. I am not saying ban ARs or similar weapons but maybe it's time to change your shooting interests - adapt, move to the fringes, return to traditions, try something else that does not come with so much built in stress. Stay open minded.

Brought my 30-30 out today and gave the ol' girl some love. I've missed her smooth action, solid feel, leather sling, and her complete lack of plastic. Then stopped by Bi-Mart just before close to take a peak, and they were all out of everything, but they had plenty of 30-30.....

Yes! I don't know why but octagon 30-30's have been in my sights as of late! Its probably because I am reading some old Louie LaMour westerns for fun again.

Oh I don't know, I got a pretty good kick out of an ad I saw for the ugliest POS WASR rifle for only $1,200.00! I mean hey, it was overpriced by only $800.00. That's a steal!:s0112:

quitter...
Can't quit what I never started, or am beholden to or has a firm grip on me. This whole AR fascination is beyond control issues. It is akin to a drug addiction with ammo becoming the 'white powder'. You are not shooting at a target anymore you are shooting .223 into your veins.

Oh I don't know, I got a pretty good kick out of an ad I saw for the ugliest POS WASR rifle for only $1,200.00! I mean hey, it was overpriced by only $800.00. That's a steal!:s0112:

I think you are out of touch with what those rifles were selling for before Sandy Hook. Just like a guy I met 3 years ago who thought that you could still get an AK for $200 at the show all the time. I told him to go for it. Calls me back a week later, "got that for sale still?"

A plain jane WASR was selling online at Centerfire systems and two other places I checked in OCTOBER 2012 for $650 - $699, not counting shipping, transfer, tax, etc.

The prices for AR's are what have gone up ridiculously large ammounts, largely because of ignorance (that was the gun supposedly used, we are told, so people think THAT gun is more valuable than an AK, since the focus is on the AR, not realzing AK's would be affected by a ban too).

Everything has gone up in price. Trying to buy ak parts kits and not getting raped is hard to do these days. Before this craziness you could buy a ak74 parts kit for $175. Now, $325 if they have it in stock. It's hard not to get frustrated with all these recent price jumps so I just quit buying until this madness is over.

Mundane? Yeah. It seems that I only come on this site anymore to ad price gougers to my ignore list.

Right on point!

Love my Rossi 92 in .357 and Winchester 94 in 30-30

I reload for both and have everything from
plinking loads to full house hunting loads.
These may not be AR's but dang they are fun
killing milk jugs and ringing gongs!
I am having too much fun that I have been ignoring
my SKS!

as much as i love shooting my ar, lever actions and just badd a$$. i have a 30-30 winchester 94 and a 44mag rossi ranch hand. both way fun.

Yep this whole thing we are experiencing is because of one thing only - a rifle with a pistol grip that shoots every time you pull the trigger. It really seems infantile and a bit silly.

I agree! I would also venture to say that as well as being silly it is also pathetic and disturbing, that such an uproar and "panic" has been created over a chunk of metal and plastic!
It's pathetic that more people can not think for themselves and instead are spoon fed lies that they gobble up while asking for more, and disturbing how hard our goverment masters are working to strip us of our rights and freedoms!

So let's all stick our head in the sand and say, "I got mine..." or "...they're not coming to my door..." (this time). Yes I agree fighting a battle is stressful. Everyone needs a place on the forum they can just take an R&R break. We all need to laugh even if it's gallows humor, but everyone still needs to stay focused on what is happening to our Country and not think they can close their eyes to it. It will not go away and if we loose any of this first fight, it will only be a first step to incrementally eating away at all our Rights. No surrender, no compromise.

Lets quit thinking about ARs. Get interested in something else, say 30-30 Winchesters ...
I just put a Winchester 94 30WCF (30-30) on layaway yesterday at the Gun Broker in Clackamas. I've been looking at that one for about 3 months and my tax return will allow me to get it (along with my SR1911 if I can find one once the money comes in). It has some modifications which probably most people didn't like (I'll post a pic when I can) but am looking forward to it as it looked cool to me.

Write something fun, write about your last trip shooting, or times you remember before that. Go "retro" like other's have said, last I checked pretty the only calibers lacking stocks were .22LR, .223, .308 and 9mm. When I was in Sportma.....Wholesale Sports they had just about everything else in stock for normal prices. Sounds like a great time to get refamiliar with that old hunting rifle. Dust off Dad's ole whatever and go blast away!

My pic as mentioned:
Winchester94_1024x768.jpg

Can't quit what I never started, or am beholden to or has a firm grip on me. This whole AR fascination is beyond control issues. It is akin to a drug addiction with ammo becoming the 'white powder'. You are not shooting at a target anymore you are shooting .223 into your veins.

bet your one of the types to say no big deal if they take them

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads